only floaty mouse

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
LaZaR04

only floaty mouse

Post by LaZaR04 » 21 Jan 2024, 08:56

hello guys im lazar i suffer from floaty mouse in all games in windows also it i tried alot of things but nothing worked i buy this pc before 1 year it was good everything fine i update the bios and i got floaty mouse i tried to go back to old bios version but didnt work i was peak immortal 3 405rr valorant now ascendant 1 stuck i cant even play games like league of legends its so hard because of this problem i tried to play from my phone internet without the ethernet cable didnt work i tried to reinstall windows and tried custom os i tried different room also so i think there is some settings in bios i need to do i have (motherbaord prime b660m-a plus cpu:i12400f gpu:rtx3600 ram 16( and i dont have any problem like they see me first or anything i only have floaty mouse movement and its not on my head because alot of people tried to play on my pc and they notice that is so hard to aim and i tried like 10 mouses

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: only floaty mouse

Post by RealNC » 21 Jan 2024, 09:13

Turn off vsync.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

LaZaR04

Post by LaZaR04 » 21 Jan 2024, 09:31

RealNC wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 09:13
Turn off vsync.
its off in nvidia and games

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 21 Jan 2024, 11:04

What framerates are you getting? Maybe you need to turn down resolution and graphics settings.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

LaZaR04

Post by LaZaR04 » 21 Jan 2024, 11:27

RealNC wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 11:04
What framerates are you getting? Maybe you need to turn down resolution and graphics settings.
i get 250-400 fps in valorant and 300+fps in league of legend and tried multiple resolution and graphics settings.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 21 Jan 2024, 15:20

No idea then. Sorry.

r0ach

Post by r0ach » 21 Jan 2024, 21:49

LaZaR04 wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 08:56
hello guys im lazar i suffer from floaty mouse in all games in windows also it i tried alot of things but nothing worked i buy this pc before 1 year it was good everything fine i update the bios and i got floaty mouse i tried to go back to old bios version but didnt work i was peak immortal 3 405rr valorant now ascendant 1 stuck i cant even play games like league of legends its so hard because of this problem i tried to play from my phone internet without the ethernet cable didnt work i tried to reinstall windows and tried custom os i tried different room also so i think there is some settings in bios i need to do i have (motherbaord prime b660m-a plus cpu:i12400f gpu:rtx3600 ram 16( and i dont have any problem like they see me first or anything i only have floaty mouse movement and its not on my head because alot of people tried to play on my pc and they notice that is so hard to aim and i tried like 10 mouses
I’ve tested all BIOS releases for several different motherboards and the common theme is that there will be something like 12 BIOS releases for each one and somewhere between 0 to 2 of them will have decent mouse movement while the others are just bad. You’ll either need to try and figure out how to flash backwards or hope they release a better one in the future (probably not likely).

RealTweaker

Post by RealTweaker » 21 Jan 2024, 22:16

So obviously the problem is with BIOS. Since after flashing BIOS all the settings reset to default it just could've disabled/enabled back some option that affects your mouse, or the r0ach's version. If i was you i would try to test every possible setting in BIOS on/off. Make sure your HPET is turned on in BIOS though.
Try to apply these settings in BIOS (copied from Sweaty Gamer Club Optimization Guide):
These are very important to get right as they have a giant effect on system latency and PC performance. The guide covers settings related mostly to Intel CPUs, but you can find similar options for AMD ones too. Names for options may differ by motherboard brand/edition. Settings in the BIOS are usually organized by category, but may be all over the place - therefore it's useful to check every submenu.
Disable the integrated GPU - you will be using a PCIE one.
Disable integrated audio if you have a soundcard.
Disable all E-Cores - they add latency/microstutter, as well as inferior performance for most games (you can’t OC P-Cores as high). This can be done by setting the amount of E-Cores to 0.
P-Cores should be at maximum (enable all).
Disable Hyperthreading.
Set CPU Ratio Mode to “fixed” - and apply a static clock speed to the max stable MHz your temps can handle by setting the core multiplier.
Set the SA/Ring/Cache multiplier to max stable.
Disable Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor / CPU Over Temperature Protection.
Disable Intel C-State support. Disable all displayed C-States such as C1E. We don’t want ANY power saving on our CPU.
Disable Intel Speed Shift / Intel Speed Step.
BCLK lock-on should be at 100mhz.
If your RAM supports a XMP overclock, set it to the max it can. Overclocked RAM results in better FPS and especially lows.
Disable Intel Virtualization / VT-D.
Enable Resizable Bar for your GPU.
Disable secure boot.
For more in depth BIOS modding, see Hidden Bios Settings, which explains how to use GRUB/SCEWIN to fully optimize it.

As r0ach said try to reverse to the exact same BIOS version you had, if not possible, you can try going to some PC service center, i believe there is some more advanced way of changing BIOS version. If again no luck - buy new motherboard lol :D
I would also advise to read this guide from Calypto

Slender

Post by Slender » 21 Jan 2024, 23:36

LaZaR04 wrote:
when you flash your bios, bios flash a ME FW, it not decrease after old bios flash.
i have z390 with same issue.

LaZaR04

Post by LaZaR04 » 22 Jan 2024, 04:44

PcVerified wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 22:10
LaZaR04 wrote:
i had 2 different pcs with all different componentts in which the floaty mouse was present, i also only suffer from that alone and not desync like many others do here

did you try to use your pc in a different house to see if that fix it?
no i didnt try different house