Valorant input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
rooy

Valorant input lag

Post by rooy » 24 Jan 2024, 10:16

Well. Hello. im new here.
i try to troubleshoot my input lag in valorant
my pc specs is
Cpu : i7 7700k
Ram: 16GB 3200mhz
ssd: m2 samsung evo 250gb
Gpu 1070 msi 8gb
psu corsair 860i platinum
mouse : razer viper v2 pro 8000hz
keyboard : corsair k65 mini 60 % 8000hz
monitor: alienware 25' 360hz
second monitor alienware 240hz
connected with displayport.
im good player but in several games they ferrari peak me.
I tried calypso guide. helped a bit but im feeling the input lag.
i tried paid adamx programm.
i tried different usb ports for mouse and keyboard seperate .
i change my mobo screws for better grounding .
i dont know what else... now i changed place.. i dont know if is emi related problem i will test today...
anyone can help ?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Valorant input lag

Post by RealNC » 24 Jan 2024, 11:23

Just to make sure it's not display or polling rate related, do these things:

* Set mouse to 1000Hz
* Set keyboard to 1000Hz
* Disconnect the second monitor and use only one

Reboot and see if it's better.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

RealTweaker

Post by RealTweaker » 24 Jan 2024, 16:02

What is your Samsung Evo M2 SSD model? Some of them don't have official drivers so u forced to use default Microsoft NVMe driver which slows down the SSD and therefore the whole system. There's a way to fix that completely. Just download install Intel NVMe driver, make sure it's not 3.3 but 3.1 version.
Samsung nvme controller version 3.3 - this driver has potential to cause a heavy mouse, I discovered this by accident on a new install after reading another members post.
Guide: little fix for users that have nvme without drivers
A thread with tweaks for Valorant: Input / Fps lag / polling issue / latency fix vault (valorant based)

rooy

Post by rooy » 25 Jan 2024, 09:03

samsung evo plus 970 250gb

BlurWickd

Post by BlurWickd » 26 Jan 2024, 23:52

RealTweaker wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 16:02
What is your Samsung Evo M2 SSD model? Some of them don't have official drivers so u forced to use default Microsoft NVMe driver which slows down the SSD and therefore the whole system. There's a way to fix that completely. Just download install Intel NVMe driver, make sure it's not 3.3 but 3.1 version.
Samsung nvme controller version 3.3 - this driver has potential to cause a heavy mouse, I discovered this by accident on a new install after reading another members post.
A thread with tweaks for Valorant: Input / Fps lag / polling issue / latency fix vault (valorant based)
I think this quote was from my thread, I personally tried the intel nvme driver and didn't have good results. Best results was with the windows drivers actually, everything else including the 3.1 version gave me bugs. I switched out ssds in the end.

OP can you confirm if you're on windows 11 or windows 10? do you have realtek audio / corsair icue / razer synapse installed? any rgb programs downloaded? is this an issue only in valorant? which network adapter (nic) do you have?

rooy

Post by rooy » 27 Jan 2024, 04:21

BlurWickd wrote:
26 Jan 2024, 23:52
RealTweaker wrote:
I think this quote was from my thread, I personally tried the intel nvme driver and didn't have good results. Best results was with the windows drivers actually, everything else including the 3.1 version gave me bugs. I switched out ssds in the end.

OP can you confirm if you're on windows 11 or windows 10? do you have realtek audio / corsair icue / razer synapse installed? any rgb programs downloaded? is this an issue only in valorant? which network adapter (nic) do you have?
im also feel it better without driver!! im on windows 10
Realter audio not installed for sure because im using external audio card (sound blaster z pcie)
Icue not installed.I uninstalled razer synapse and all rgb are disabled
i have i219v network adapter and samsung magician closed.

BlurWickd

Post by BlurWickd » 27 Jan 2024, 14:15

rooy wrote:
27 Jan 2024, 04:21
BlurWickd wrote:
RealTweaker wrote:

Realter audio not installed for sure because im using external audio card (sound blaster z pcie)
Samsung magician gave me heavy mouse not sure why, do you have the latest network adapter drivers?

rooy

Post by rooy » 27 Jan 2024, 14:23

BlurWickd wrote:
27 Jan 2024, 14:15
rooy wrote:
BlurWickd wrote:
RealTweaker wrote:

Samsung magician gave me heavy mouse not sure why, do you have the latest network adapter drivers?
i format my pc now. not yet im trying with stock
i closed the updates after format . zero updates

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 05 Feb 2024, 16:04

rooy wrote:
BlurWickd wrote:
RealTweaker wrote:

I have the same sound card. I had many issues with their panel, drivers and stuttering sounds robovoice, microphone along with Windows / discords / team speaks whatever. Weird card. Give a try to disconnect the card completely with driver uninstalling and try to play with onboard audio with generic / from mobo website audio drivers

rooy

Post by rooy » 06 Feb 2024, 05:37

InputLagger wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 16:04
rooy wrote:
BlurWickd wrote:
RealTweaker wrote:

I have the same sound card. I had many issues with their panel, drivers and stuttering sounds robovoice, microphone along with Windows / discords / team speaks whatever. Weird card. Give a try to disconnect the card completely with driver uninstalling and try to play with onboard audio with generic / from mobo website audio drivers
did u update to latest version through the programm ?
mine works flawless