I'm going crazy

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
BlurWickd

I'm going crazy

Post by BlurWickd » 27 Jan 2024, 14:25

So for the last 2 months I've been trying to fix this issue to no avail, every fix lasts a short amount of time before it inevitably comes back.

The issue:
My mouse feels almost robotic when moving it randomly, best way I can describe it is as if its like opposite magnets pushing towards each other. It feels like the mouse genuinely increases in weight and either pulls or resists. I've tried every setting imaginable, win10 and 11. 4 different mice, wireless mice are significantly worse. I've disabled 2.4ghz on my router, I've tried 5 different cat8 ethernet cables. I've tried 5 different displayport cables (I use 360hz 2566k) one including fibre. I've literally bought an entirely new pc that is AMD not intel. I've tried every single plug socket in my room. I've ensured there isn't any wires touching each other etc. I'm genuinely lost at this point, I can't figure out what could possibly be causing this and it literally only seems to effect the mouse - it also happens in bios with no windows installed, it happens with no internet connected etc.

I can't narrow it down, some things randomly improve it before it returns. The new pc seemed fine for a few days until boom its back. Random things seem to fix it temporarily like moving wires etc but I have tried genuinely everything.

Input lag seems fine but the randomness of the mouse movement, sensitivity and feeling its like I can't focus on anything other than trying to control this mouse that physically feels like its fighting with me. I genuinely feel like I'm going crazy. This issue started happening only a few months ago, I just thought maybe my old pc was breaking and its being sent for repair currently and they're running tests with apparently no issues.

Please someone give me the solution.

7800x3d
ASUS TUF B650 PLUS WIFI

Mice:
Logitech g pro superlight 2
Lamzu thorn
Deathadder v3 wired

KB:
Razer huntsman v2 TKL

Monitor:
Zowie XL2556k

Mousepad:
Zowie G-SR

RealTweaker

Re: I'm going crazy

Post by RealTweaker » 27 Jan 2024, 17:02

Never understood that "a fix works for some time and then its back to normal" :| . Like how can you explain that? That's literally placebo.
You also changed everything and you still have the same "problem". Idk bro. You can try fresh custom OS install with some tweaks, maybe one of them is your solution. For example.
Maybe its the mousepads material or theres dust in the mouses sensor?
Mice latency table

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 27 Jan 2024, 21:32

Is your keyboard set to 8k polling?

Slender

Post by Slender » 28 Jan 2024, 02:11

BlurWickd wrote:
27 Jan 2024, 14:25
So for the last 2 months I've been trying to fix this issue to no avail, every fix lasts a short amount of time before it inevitably comes back.

The issue:
My mouse feels almost robotic when moving it randomly, best way I can describe it is as if its like opposite magnets pushing towards each other. It feels like the mouse genuinely increases in weight and either pulls or resists. I've tried every setting imaginable, win10 and 11. 4 different mice, wireless mice are significantly worse. I've disabled 2.4ghz on my router, I've tried 5 different cat8 ethernet cables. I've tried 5 different displayport cables (I use 360hz 2566k) one including fibre. I've literally bought an entirely new pc that is AMD not intel. I've tried every single plug socket in my room. I've ensured there isn't any wires touching each other etc. I'm genuinely lost at this point, I can't figure out what could possibly be causing this and it literally only seems to effect the mouse - it also happens in bios with no windows installed, it happens with no internet connected etc.

I can't narrow it down, some things randomly improve it before it returns. The new pc seemed fine for a few days until boom its back. Random things seem to fix it temporarily like moving wires etc but I have tried genuinely everything.

Input lag seems fine but the randomness of the mouse movement, sensitivity and feeling its like I can't focus on anything other than trying to control this mouse that physically feels like its fighting with me. I genuinely feel like I'm going crazy. This issue started happening only a few months ago, I just thought maybe my old pc was breaking and its being sent for repair currently and they're running tests with apparently no issues.

7800x3d
ASUS TUF B650 PLUS WIFI

Mice:
Lamzu thorn
Deathadder v3 wired

KB:
Razer huntsman v2 TKL

Monitor:
Zowie XL2556k

Mousepad:
Zowie G-SR
post your latency moon results

BlurWickd

Post by BlurWickd » 28 Jan 2024, 06:55

RealTweaker wrote:
27 Jan 2024, 17:02
Never understood that "a fix works for some time and then its back to normal" :| . Like how can you explain that? That's literally placebo.
You also changed everything and you still have the same "problem". Idk bro. You can try fresh custom OS install with some tweaks, maybe one of them is your solution. For example.
Maybe its the mousepads material or theres dust in the mouses sensor?
Mice latency table
A fix meaning changing a power socket, moving a cable further etc it almost seems to go back to normal shortly. In general it's off and on, typically when the pc is just started and everyone is sleeping it'll be fine then suddenly you can feel it lock. It's definitely not placebo because I've been using pcs and gaming at a high level since I was a kid but I've never been so confused at an issue. I even have video proof of my old pc doing it within bios.

BlurWickd

Post by BlurWickd » 28 Jan 2024, 06:57

Mr1991 wrote:
27 Jan 2024, 21:32
Is your keyboard set to 8k polling?
Both keyboard and mouse set to 1k, no synapse installed. Mouse in USB 3.2 cpu slot, everything else in chipset.

BlurWickd

Post by BlurWickd » 28 Jan 2024, 07:41

Slender wrote:
28 Jan 2024, 02:11
BlurWickd wrote:

The issue:

7800x3d
ASUS TUF B650 PLUS WIFI

Mice:
Lamzu thorn
Deathadder v3 wired

KB:
Razer huntsman v2 TKL

Monitor:
Zowie XL2556k

Mousepad:
Zowie G-SR
This is my latencymon results after playing a 25min league of legends game, have this chrome tab open in the background and discord. Best way I can describe it is that when its not happening the mouse feels like a normal mouse, all you can feel is the mouse weight and the cursor moves where its supposed to go. When it happens it almost feels like you turn angle snapping on, sometimes it'll move side to side fine but pulling down is a nightmare, diagonal lines sometimes dont work. It feels like as if you're dragging a magnet across a fridge. It's off and on and feels like the mouse physically changes weight/drag. I've tested with different mousepads too, I usually use 1600 dpi and it definitely feels worse on 1600 dpi for whatever reason.

Thank you
1.PNG
1.PNG (32.11 KiB) Viewed 2535 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (108.13 KiB) Viewed 2535 times
3.PNG
3.PNG (63.13 KiB) Viewed 2535 times

Slender

Post by Slender » 28 Jan 2024, 07:43

BlurWickd wrote:
28 Jan 2024, 07:41
Slender wrote:
BlurWickd wrote:

The issue:

7800x3d
ASUS TUF B650 PLUS WIFI

Mice:
Lamzu thorn
Deathadder v3 wired

KB:
Razer huntsman v2 TKL

Monitor:
Zowie XL2556k

Mousepad:
Zowie G-SR
This is my latencymon results after playing a 25min league of legends game, have this chrome tab open in the background and discord. Best way I can describe it is that when its not happening the mouse feels like a normal mouse, all you can feel is the mouse weight and the cursor moves where its supposed to go. When it happens it almost feels like you turn angle snapping on, sometimes it'll move side to side fine but pulling down is a nightmare, diagonal lines sometimes dont work. It feels like as if you're dragging a magnet across a fridge. It's off and on and feels like the mouse physically changes weight/drag. I've tested with different mousepads too, I usually use 1600 dpi and it definitely feels worse on 1600 dpi for whatever reason.

Thank you
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
that is w10 ver? what nic you use?

BlurWickd

Post by BlurWickd » 28 Jan 2024, 08:32

Slender wrote:
28 Jan 2024, 07:43
BlurWickd wrote:
Slender wrote:
BlurWickd wrote:

The issue:

7800x3d
ASUS TUF B650 PLUS WIFI

Mice:
Lamzu thorn
Deathadder v3 wired

KB:
Razer huntsman v2 TKL

Monitor:
Zowie XL2556k

Mousepad:
Zowie G-SR

Thank you
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
OS version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19045 (x64)
Win 10 pro - version 10.0.19045 build 19045
Realtek 2.5gbe (8125), I've tried default win driver version, version on my mobo site and latest version

Slender

Post by Slender » 28 Jan 2024, 08:56

BlurWickd wrote:
28 Jan 2024, 08:32
Slender wrote:
28 Jan 2024, 07:43
BlurWickd wrote:
Slender wrote:

Thank you
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
OS version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19045 (x64)
Win 10 pro - version 10.0.19045 build 19045
Realtek 2.5gbe (8125), I've tried default win driver version, version on my mobo site and latest version
i have the same on amd + nvidia setup, sometimes i get best responce ever, but usually is bad. Im see you have 42isr on wdf, is so high.
do use use cpu usb for mouse only?
try to increase SA voltages. AMD is very responsible for voltages.
What about bios settings? you try to use fixed cpu clocks? Your cpu voltage is stable or variable?
Do you test your ram with memtest5?
i think it about cpu / gpu incompability, try csm mode. Also, test mousetester with GPU driver on/off, if it not same you have a problem (you 100% have)

also, try ReviOS install with 21h2 ltsc (or w11) with ventoy config. You can find manual and .iso links on website.