Input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Pony

Input lag

Post by Pony » 04 Mar 2024, 18:12

Hello, I recently saw several posts about lowering input lag (intel) where many use
bcdedit /set disabledynamicktick yes
bcdedit /set tscsyncpolicy legacy
bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
as well as disabling several device manager drivers, but I don't know if there are more ways apart from using win32separation and others to remove that "floaty" mouse that gives an imprecise feeling and which version is better for Windows knowing that on 11 you can use a custom timer "0.5" and which nvidia drivers work best as well as whether it is better to use csm/uefi or uefi.
If anyone has tried several options or has some guides and could tell me, I would greatly appreciate it.

TheKelz

Re: Input lag

Post by TheKelz » 10 Mar 2024, 05:10

Pony wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 18:12
Hello, I recently saw several posts about lowering input lag (intel) where many use
bcdedit /set disabledynamicktick yes
bcdedit /set tscsyncpolicy legacy
bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
as well as disabling several device manager drivers, but I don't know if there are more ways apart from using win32separation and others to remove that "floaty" mouse that gives an imprecise feeling and which version is better for Windows knowing that on 11 you can use a custom timer "0.5" and which nvidia drivers work best as well as whether it is better to use csm/uefi or uefi.
If anyone has tried several options or has some guides and could tell me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Let's just say you shouldn't be touching these. I've tried those tweaks on several computers and one some there is just no difference, on others it only makes things worse. If you have a floaty mouse, look elsewhere like getting a better CPU and/or RAM (those are responsible for the floaty mouse), better monitor and then GPU. After that, make sure you configure your games correctly like Freesync/Gsync + VSync on + FPS limit (with Nvidia, with AMD it's kinda rough in that regard).

I had floaty mouse issue myself and solved it by those small tweaks.