Demanding Game and Mouse Responsiveness

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
halflife

Demanding Game and Mouse Responsiveness

Post by halflife » 11 Mar 2024, 03:15

I’ve noticed that the mouse movement on desktop feels ‘snappier’/more responsive (easier to control, feels more 1:1) after having ran a demanding game for a bit. It’s almost as if my PC has to ‘warm up’ before the cursor feels responsive. Perhaps this has something to do with the CPU, GPU, or some other component. I’m not really technical when it comes to computers, but I’ve seen many others on this forum experiencing similar issues in regards to ‘floaty’ mouse and input lag. Some have suggested unparking cores, software tweaks, etc., but none seem to be a permanent and testable solution. I’ve also read into the possibility of it being an electrical issue, but because I have no evidence, I don’t want to make such claims. I’ve played CS for many years now, so this feeling I have with the mouse has been quite discouraging for me to continue playing. I label it as a “feeling,” because for all I know, it may be placebo or some other subjective experience. I’m not aware of any means by which I can reliably test this issue. Any advice?