Any known tweaks for 7900xt like 6000 series?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
PunksOnHope

Any known tweaks for 7900xt like 6000 series?

Post by PunksOnHope » 17 Mar 2024, 10:06

i cant seem to find much online but things like more power tool no longer work and im having trouble figuring out what the registry options do and noone has tested disabling things in registry that i know of. whats weird is that i have tried 3 different cards in the last year every single one of them ive had to tweak.

so far to get my 7900xt to be low input lag i have locked my clocks to 2350/2450 the benefit of this is better temps and just a million times more stable. Then i have mpo disabled, and ulps disabled in registry and enabled HAGS (which was also a decent improvement. i then lowered my polling to 2000 and capped my fps to 250 in ow2 idk but 240 feels delayed 250 feels snappy and 400 isnt consistent with my 5800x3D.

any other secret sauce to help with this card it has been nothing but headache for me. i finally with these tweaks got the gpu in the stress test to not have awful spikes and drops on all the clocks the gpu core clock and mem clock would just basically crash to 0. but with these changes its stable with very minor fluctuation.

what do the clockgating registry settings do? basically my next question to research would be how can i disable throttling behaviors if im gonna run my card limited below its gameclock where boost shouldnt even apply.

i have also noticed in overwatch 2 that the game feels delayed still. i just pulled out my rtx 3050 i was testing with and now on 7900xt i cannot see projectiles until right before they hit me. before i could see them the second they left mei pharah genji etc. this is an especially big problem playing tracer into mei and ana.

PunksOnHope

Re: Any known tweaks for 7900xt like 6000 series?

Post by PunksOnHope » 17 Mar 2024, 11:24

so i think i found a setting that might actually be worth investigating. In game one of my issues is that if i set a frame cap that is low for the gpu but not cpu then the gpu will downclock and cause microstutters and input delay. does anyone know how to mess with Point2Freq and Point3Freq and does anyone know exactly what they do? id like the card to behave where desktop is idle and in game is max clock (which i have set at gameclock not boost clock.)

Hyote

Post by Hyote » 17 Mar 2024, 22:52

The only one I use that isn't just for the 6000 series is Main3D_DEF in regedit which is pre-rendered frames for amd, at least as I know it. Just search for it in regedit, it's usually in UMD 0 or 2 and only one value has to be changed and the rest will change too. If it throws up an error then click on find next. I use 0 just for the sake of low latency, maybe 1 is better overall but I'm not feeling it.

PunksOnHope

Post by PunksOnHope » 17 Mar 2024, 23:18

ok i wonder how that works with reduce buffering in ow2. ill search it im still super interested in figuring out a way to make my gpu boost fully under load rn i can only get it to 1900MHz in game when turning settings up at 1080p and im still cpu limited i think it would be more responsive if i had the same framerate at 2400mhz im only around 45% gpu utilization.