my case and a feel questions

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ibeg

my case and a feel questions

Post by ibeg » 29 Mar 2024, 10:59

i had a gaming notebook back at 2019 that started having input lag when reaching thermal limit
so i bought a new pc (5600x)
this shit has so much input lag that makes me wanna die
i measured by recording a slow motion video of the beggining of the mouse movement and the cursor in the background, put it on an old media player that can show .xxx miliseconds and got 55ms.
RAM isnt listed on MB compatibility page, XPM makes things worse, manually setting subtimmings and a feel voltages improve things by a lot but still absolutelly disgusting, never below 40ms
question is, could this input lag behavior be due to this pc being actually a bad build? could it be a hardware issue, or could it be the whole electricity insanity that the russians are obsessed with?
i just wanna know if i should spend more money trying to fix or just assume its no fixable, cus i get no cpu erros, no ram errors, everything seems fine, except for the input lag.
hope someone can shine some light i feel lost :(
Last edited by ibeg on 02 Apr 2024, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.

cursed-gamer

Re: my case and a feel questions

Post by cursed-gamer » 29 Mar 2024, 11:53

Highly unlikely it is electricity. Otherwise CS2 would work for me at least slighly different in different locations that are hundreds kilometers away from each other.

ibeg

Post by ibeg » 30 Mar 2024, 08:47

heard of people moving 4-5 times until they got a place without electricity issues (or wethever is causing it)

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 31 Mar 2024, 14:00

ibeg wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 08:47
heard of people moving 4-5 times until they got a place without electricity issues (or wethever is causing it)
I've played in countless amount of places and it was same shit everywhere. Not better, not worse, always same shitty gameplay.

ibeg

Post by ibeg » 01 Apr 2024, 20:23

strong pc, no issues, all security features on, all updates installed, tried many linuxs distros, win 10 and 11, no electricity problems, every possible tweak tried, huge input lag always, same way its reported by many: "sometimes gets better but eventually returns".
no hope i guess

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 03 Apr 2024, 17:36

ibeg wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 10:59

question is, could this input lag behavior be due to this pc being actually a bad build? could it be a hardware issue, or could it be the whole electricity insanity that the russians are obsessed with?
i just wanna know if i should spend more money trying to fix or just assume its no fixable, cus i get no cpu erros, no ram errors, everything seems fine, except for the input lag.
My advice to you, if after doing all the hardware tests then probably your PC is fine. And I'm sorry that it might actually be the same thing that we're having. Please do not spend more money on hardware! My latest 2 builds were almost top of the line by the time i bought them. Both have the same weird input lag, no matter how hard I try to tweak the systems, nothing really changes. Frames just go higher, but the latency and the input delay is somehow still there.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Post by 310094303 » 05 Apr 2024, 00:24

ibeg wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 10:59
i had a gaming notebook back at 2019 that started having input lag when reaching thermal limit
so i bought a new pc (5600x)
this shit has so much input lag that makes me wanna die
i measured by recording a slow motion video of the beggining of the mouse movement and the cursor in the background, put it on an old media player that can show .xxx miliseconds and got 55ms.
RAM isnt listed on MB compatibility page, XPM makes things worse, manually setting subtimmings and a feel voltages improve things by a lot but still absolutelly disgusting, never below 40ms
hope someone can shine some light i feel lost :(
I think it's a computer hard vs. shader issue, in csgo if I'm the first to join the server there's no desync but as other players join I get lag (turning off uber shaders alleviates this). In Valorant, because players join the server at the same time, I lag at the beginning of the first round. There are some discussions about shaders in other games here https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ot_server/. In the end, my English is not good and I used a translator. I hope my expression is accurate.