Ping Plotter results - can anyone test theirs?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ApexLeg

Ping Plotter results - can anyone test theirs?

Post by ApexLeg » 31 Mar 2024, 10:01

Hi, I'm having issues with our ISP and they're in a bit of denial of there being any issues, they stated we were on a shared IP (CGNAT I believe it's called) but have taken us off it, though still the issue persists (download speeds seem ok but upload speed we're only getting around 50% of what we're paying for and it fluctutes a lot) and I'm having really bad hit-reg in Apex. I've pretty much minimised desync and mouse floatyness and was having a good few weeks, but the hit reg has gone awful. My results in PingPlotter are this;

Google.com
Pingplotter.com
And an Apex Server I've found I play a lot on (37.61.223.135)
I'm seemingly getting lots of lost packets, can anyone here with a solid connection test these too and see how they're faring? I'm in the UK if it makes a difference. I'm pretty confident it's nothing to do with my windows settings or MTU etc. Thanks

JustNumber

Re: Ping Plotter results - can anyone test theirs?

Post by JustNumber » 31 Mar 2024, 13:53

Man little advice . Close all tabs and run only one test . From my experience i found out if u have more tabs open u get packet lost .

ApexLeg

Post by ApexLeg » 31 Mar 2024, 14:32

JustNumber wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 13:53
Man little advice . Close all tabs and run only one test . From my experience i found out if u have more tabs open u get packet lost .
Thanks for the advice, but literally getting the same anyway
Loss1.PNG
Loss1.PNG (84.75 KiB) Viewed 1463 times

DudeBeFishing

Post by DudeBeFishing » 03 Apr 2024, 14:12

If the game has in-game network diagnostics, I would use that over ping plotter.

As long as the first hop and last hop show 0 packet loss, then it most likely means you don't have packet loss on your end. Ping (ICMP) is usually lowest priority on these networks, so even if you see some packet loss at the last hop, it doesn't necessarily mean the game packets are being dropped.

Are you using WiFi or hardwired? WiFi can have strange issues. For example, my connection goes to crap when my neighbor's WiFi decides to use the same channel. Better to hardwire everything that's latency sensitive.

For internet, do you have Cable, DSL, or fiber?

ApexLeg

Post by ApexLeg » 12 Apr 2024, 11:49

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to see what happened. I finally got an engineer out who did a bunch of testing and couldn't find any errors on his pad. He went outside and re spliced a cable and since then it's been perfect. Finally got synchronised up and down speeds and doing packet loss tesr are coming back with 0 loss.