My case with floaty/delayed mouse and keyboard.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Mr1991

Re: My case with floaty/delayed mouse and keyboard.

Post by Mr1991 » 07 Apr 2024, 19:23

ApexLeg wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 09:47
giggio10 wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 09:26
ApexLeg wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 07:19
Do you have scaling on in Windows?
Yes, currently using fullscreen scaling
I meant as in, scaling anything other than 100% scaling in windows?

I only say this, because I always had 125% and always felt like Windows and games felt a bit floaty, and I was doing some testing with Mouse Movement Recorder and noticed with Enhanced Pointer Precision in the off position (Which I always read to EPP being off was best practice), I would get lots of red repositions;

Yet with EPP turned on, I would get 0 errors and the mouse felt better

So after some searching, I turned the scaling back to 100% and tested again.
With EPP turned on, I'd only get Green repositions

With EPP turned off, I'd get back to 0 repositions;

Windows definitely felt better, however in Apex it does also feel better too (I already had override DPI scaling on), but not entirely sure if it's placebo, I'll need to play and test more.
Have you tried 150% and 200? I also use windows scaling, and have always noticed something feels off about 125 and 175%, I always performed better on 150, 125/175 feels like it has some kind of overshoot which lines up with your findings, may be the odd numbers, nice find tho

Slender

Post by Slender » 07 Apr 2024, 21:58

n1zoo wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 07:10
I noticed one thing. People who experience this problem have their recorded videos or streams with some kind of pixelated, blocky grain effect. The same can be seen in yours video. The whole video looks kind of dull, not "alive" colors, huge jagged edges. When the mouse is moved, all textures are shimmering, popping out. The same is happening to me. No matter what settings I choose before recording a video, the quality is always strange. When I look at the gameplay of people who don't have this problem, their recorded video graphics are completely different.

On the same topic, I have found an interesting video. Check this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9TgNFu1l3Y
ha-ha do you see this too?

ApexLeg

Post by ApexLeg » 08 Apr 2024, 03:13

Mr1991 wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 19:23
ApexLeg wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 09:47
giggio10 wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 09:26
ApexLeg wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 07:19
Do you have scaling on in Windows?
Yes, currently using fullscreen scaling
I meant as in, scaling anything other than 100% scaling in windows?

I only say this, because I always had 125% and always felt like Windows and games felt a bit floaty, and I was doing some testing with Mouse Movement Recorder and noticed with Enhanced Pointer Precision in the off position (Which I always read to EPP being off was best practice), I would get lots of red repositions;

Yet with EPP turned on, I would get 0 errors and the mouse felt better

So after some searching, I turned the scaling back to 100% and tested again.
With EPP turned on, I'd only get Green repositions

With EPP turned off, I'd get back to 0 repositions;

Windows definitely felt better, however in Apex it does also feel better too (I already had override DPI scaling on), but not entirely sure if it's placebo, I'll need to play and test more.
Have you tried 150% and 200? I also use windows scaling, and have always noticed something feels off about 125 and 175%, I always performed better on 150, 125/175 feels like it has some kind of overshoot which lines up with your findings, may be the odd numbers, nice find tho
Personally I've never tried those other sizes, I'm gonna stick with 100% from now on.

giggio10

Post by giggio10 » 08 Apr 2024, 04:18

cursed-gamer wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 04:13
I watched your clip. I experience exactly the same and I have no control over my crosshair however it's in CS2. I can describe it as playing on tick 4 while everybody else plays on tick 64. Even animations of dying enemies look like a fucking slideshow ( 400fps and 280hz ) but on my friend's laptop they were displayed in 100%.

I've played in many places, on different PCs, different Internet connections and it's always been the same. What is the chance of having shitty gaming experience in so many locations? Even in China I wasn't able to play decently although I live in Europe.

Question: Do you have Steam and if so, then for how long?
Yes, my account is almost 11 years old

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 14 Apr 2024, 07:20

Slender wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 21:58
n1zoo wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 07:10
I noticed one thing. People who experience this problem have their recorded videos or streams with some kind of pixelated, blocky grain effect. The same can be seen in yours video. The whole video looks kind of dull, not "alive" colors, huge jagged edges. When the mouse is moved, all textures are shimmering, popping out. The same is happening to me. No matter what settings I choose before recording a video, the quality is always strange. When I look at the gameplay of people who don't have this problem, their recorded video graphics are completely different.

On the same topic, I have found an interesting video. Check this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9TgNFu1l3Y
ha-ha do you see this too?
yes

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 14 Apr 2024, 12:35

Check this out If you didn't already aware of this.
The main thread https://linustechtips.com/topic/638876- ... jagged-aa/ from 2016 and 7 month old video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQu2p8YGJa0