Does unplugging PSU for a couple minutes help with input lag?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
mago

Re: Does unplugging PSU for a couple minutes help with input lag?

Post by mago » 13 Apr 2024, 12:01

I think so, even just for drain the change with clicking few times on power btn
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

pcenthusiast92

Post by pcenthusiast92 » 14 Apr 2024, 19:08

Slender wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 12:44
benjji1 wrote:
10 Apr 2024, 09:42
Was just checking if my psu cables were properly seated and after unplugging the psu from the wall and unplugging the cables coming from the PSU and the first boot afterwards the mouse was seemingly more responsive, is this placebo? after restarting it went back to how it usually is. Dont know if anyone else experienced this so im making this post.
when you go sleep, unplug all power cables (monitor / pc).
in the morning connect all and try to play
That's not advisable, cause if you unplug the power supply from the outlet, your CMOS battery will drain so easily and hence not saving bios configuration or anything

donktuman

Post by donktuman » 15 Apr 2024, 06:47

Placebo is such a wrong term to use. We actually notice a real difference doing these things. Placebo means it's in your head.
Doing all these power related things make short term improvements that can physically be seen. It is wrong to call it placebo

Hyote

Post by Hyote » 15 Apr 2024, 10:55

There is definitely a difference.

benjji1

Post by benjji1 » 16 Apr 2024, 12:18

donktuman wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 06:47
Placebo is such a wrong term to use. We actually notice a real difference doing these things. Placebo means it's in your head.
Doing all these power related things make short term improvements that can physically be seen. It is wrong to call it placebo
was just checking since it couldve just been me thinking that it was smoother than it actually was, thanks for all the info and do you know if it was from me power cycling whilst the psu was unplugged? (i held the power button to release excess power) or if it was me unplugging the power supply cables inside the actual computer? if its the former i could maybe start to do it before i turn on my computer