The CMD autoleveltuning=disabled command seems to have helped me eliminate 80% of my input lag.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ARGEE

The CMD autoleveltuning=disabled command seems to have helped me eliminate 80% of my input lag.

Post by ARGEE » 12 Apr 2024, 08:26

Hello everyone. Been sitting here for a long time, without an account, reading posts related to input lag.

My VERY short story about encountering this horrible problem:
In December 2020, I was bought a new pc. I won't name the specs, as I had already managed to buy new components and change everything to hell in the hope that it would fix something. Anyway, as you have probably already pointed out, I faced this problem right after buying a new pc.
In my case, input lag (throughout the entire system) is constant and does not change at certain times. Symptoms are simple: feeling of heaviness, inaccuracy of the cursor, inertia smoothing, but it does not affect the hitreg in games in any way. This is the most important thing.

I spent over $2000 to solve this problem already. All as you know. Full OS and BIOS customization, changing PC components, monitors, mice, cables, buying a UPS, blah, blah, blah. (I haven't touched on electricity yet, although I always thought that was the source of the problem)
Please note that a year and a half or two years ago I took my pc to the center of my city, to a very good service. And even there, on a 240hz gaming monitor, I could still see the problem.

I won't dwell too long and tell you what really helped me after so many years and what I saw a real difference from. IT TURNED OUT TO BE A SINGLE CMD COMMAND :evil: :
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Immediately after executing this command I felt my 800 DPI speed up. It was like I was playing at 1200. Flicking in games became sharper and the cursor stopped flying over/under a target.

I have no idea why this internet related command had such an impact on cursor movement. I'm playing through a LAN cable. However, I noticed afterwards that I am missing the correct drivers for the Realtek PCIe GBE family controller (which gave me more customization in this driver). I also tried playing with the driver disabled and enabled, as well as via USB modem on my phone. I still didn't see any difference.

I'm writing this 2 days after entering the command. No worsening of any kind has been noticed yet. As repetitive as this may sound, I am 100% sure that this is NOT a PLACEBO EFFECT.

Here are my current components btw:
Mobo: B450-A Pro Max
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: PALIT GTX 1650 4GB
RAM: AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 16GB
PSU: Deepcool DQ750ST

I'm looking for help on this forum, for more tweaks as well as suggested reasons for all of this. I'll try to listen to everyone when I have some free time. Thanks for reading.

04/14 UPDATE: Tried playing via LAN cable all day yesterday and found that the input lag comes back to my PC gradually. Switched to USB modem again and minutes later input lag got a significant decrease.
Last edited by ARGEE on 14 Apr 2024, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.

InputLagger

Re: The CMD autoleveltuning=disabled command seems to have helped me eliminate 80% of my input lag.

Post by InputLagger » 13 Apr 2024, 18:52

ARGEE wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 08:26
Hello everyone. Been sitting here for a long time, without an account, reading posts related to input lag.

In December 2020, I was bought a new pc. I won't name the specs, as I had already managed to buy new components and change everything to hell in the hope that it would fix something. Anyway, as you have probably already pointed out, I faced this problem right after buying a new pc.
In my case, input lag (throughout the entire system) is constant and does not change at certain times. Symptoms are simple: feeling of heaviness, inaccuracy of the cursor, inertia smoothing, but it does not affect the hitreg in games in any way. This is the most important thing.

I spent over $2000 to solve this problem already. All as you know. Full OS and BIOS customization, changing PC components, monitors, mice, cables, buying a UPS, blah, blah, blah. (I haven't touched on electricity yet, although I always thought that was the source of the problem)
Please note that a year and a half or two years ago I took my pc to the center of my city, to a very good service. And even there, on a 240hz gaming monitor, I could still see the problem.

I won't dwell too long and tell you what really helped me after so many years and what I saw a real difference from. IT TURNED OUT TO BE A SINGLE CMD COMMAND :evil: :

Immediately after executing this command I felt my 800 DPI speed up. It was like I was playing at 1200. Flicking in games became sharper and the cursor stopped flying over/under a target.

I have no idea why this internet related command had such an impact on cursor movement. I'm playing through a LAN cable. However, I noticed afterwards that I am missing the correct drivers for the Realtek PCIe GBE family controller (which gave me more customization in this driver). I also tried playing with the driver disabled and enabled, as well as via USB modem on my phone. I still didn't see any difference.

I'm writing this 2 days after entering the command. No worsening of any kind has been noticed yet. As repetitive as this may sound, I am 100% sure that this is NOT a PLACEBO EFFECT.

I'm looking for help on this forum, for more tweaks as well as suggested reasons for all of this. I'll try to listen to everyone when I have some free time. Thanks for reading.
Does reverting this setting to its original state cause this lag back?

Slender

Re: The CMD autoleveltuning=disabled command seems to have helped me eliminate 80% of my input lag.

Post by Slender » 13 Apr 2024, 19:46

yes, thats work. You can compare disabled / auto with that test https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat
but games not uses TCP
games uses UDP

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 14 Apr 2024, 07:20

things are getting more and more hopeless with this community

ARGEE

Post by ARGEE » 14 Apr 2024, 09:46

InputLagger wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 18:52
ARGEE wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 08:26

Does reverting this setting to its original state cause this lag back?
Yeah, it does. Playing via USB modem and having autotuninglevel disabled is still the best option for me tho.

Kyouki

Post by Kyouki » 16 Apr 2024, 04:52

Unless you're constantly doing auto-tuning I don't think this would meaningfully impact anything. Didn't feel the difference on my system.
The Receive Window Auto-Tuning feature lets the operating system continually monitor routing conditions such as bandwidth, network delay, and application delay. Therefore, the operating system can configure connections by scaling the TCP receive window to maximize the network performance. To determine the optimal receive window size, the Receive Window Auto-Tuning feature measures the products that delay bandwidth and the application retrieve rates. Then, the Receive Window Auto-Tuning feature adapts the receive window size of the ongoing transmission to take advantage of any unused bandwidth.
Plus as someone else already stated - games mostly use UDP and not TCP. Could even introduce into packet loss, so please test proper!
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

ARGEE

Post by ARGEE » 16 Apr 2024, 13:51

Kyouki wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 04:52
Unless you're constantly doing auto-tuning I don't think this would meaningfully impact anything. Didn't feel the difference on my system.
The Receive Window Auto-Tuning feature lets the operating system continually monitor routing conditions such as bandwidth, network delay, and application delay. Therefore, the operating system can configure connections by scaling the TCP receive window to maximize the network performance. To determine the optimal receive window size, the Receive Window Auto-Tuning feature measures the products that delay bandwidth and the application retrieve rates. Then, the Receive Window Auto-Tuning feature adapts the receive window size of the ongoing transmission to take advantage of any unused bandwidth.
Plus as someone else already stated - games mostly use UDP and not TCP. Could even introduce into packet loss, so please test proper!
My bad, forgot to mention that for some most random reason it only worked for me when I was on USB modem. As it turned out, the LAN cable causes around 70-80% of whole problem in the system. I still feel input lag everywhere, but its not as bad as it was before.
Honestly, I don't know why I only noticed the difference now, even though I've tried to play without LAN cable before. I even tried turning off the router and wait some time. None of this has helped until now.

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 16 Apr 2024, 15:55

I felt a slight difference in input, will most likely be temporary tho