Sharing experience and optimization.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
moppl87

Sharing experience and optimization.

Post by moppl87 » 19 Apr 2024, 00:34

Hello everyone, I've been following this forum for a few years now, having had to deal with a major input lag problem myself on CS:GO or CS 2, and I've come to share several discoveries with you. I'm warning you that this is going to be a long one, so I'll be as precise as possible, and English is not my native language.

I've done countless experiments to find out if it's linked to a hardware, internet, electricity or Steam problem. So far, I've come to the baffling conclusion that it could be a mixture of hardware, internet, electricity and Steam, or all of the above. A hardware problem + 1 internet problem + 1 electrical problem in your home + steam not configuring properly etc...

First of all, I'll give you the full specifications of my hardware, and my symptoms.

Asrock z690 gaming phantom 4
i5-13600KF
RTX 3060
32 Go ram DDR4 Lexar (without XMP my RAM doesn't have it)
SSD M2 Lexar 500 Go
Be quiet 850 W
Processor cooling Be quiet dark rock pro 4
27-inch MSI G271 optix 144 Hz displayport-connected screen
Vaxee zygen np-01s mice
Headset logitech g pro x in jack plug mode
corsair k55 rgb pro wired keyboard
Fiber optic 2 GB ethernet connection with STFP 8 cable (IMPORTANT!)
Windows 10 pro
In-game native resolution 1920x1080
In Nvidia no scaling on display

My symptoms were a major entry delay on Faceit due to the third-party anti-cheat software, among other things, because in steam modes (premier, dm etc ...) I had almost no delay.
my shots not registering, the impression of playing with a feeling of heaviness with the mouse that seems to weigh tons, enemies killing me in ferrari peak etc ...

So here's what greatly reduced or even eliminated my entry delay.

In order of depth:

- My PC, monitor, and modem are all plugged into three different outlets. My PC is alone on an EMI noise-attenuated multisocket, my modem on a wall jack alone and my screen on a wall jack alone.

- Important following the testimony of the Lowel player on this forum the ethernet cable is a category 8 SFTP cable to protect against interference.

- on the screen g-sync/freesync disable, no image enhancement mode is enabled to minimize the amount of time.

- In the bios I only disabled C-state, E-core, put the processor in fixed mode in level 1 for the loadline calibration.
Everything else is by default.

- In Windows 10 the only noticeable changes (apart from the logical privacy tracing configs etc...) Are removing the mouse acceleration, changing the maximum performance power mode, setting Nvidia for CS 2 through Nvidia profile inspector and setting the audio sampling rate to CD quality I have had confirmation that CS 2 is like CS:GO for the audio sampling rate.
As specified in my hardware specifications regarding the headset I play with the jacks plugged into the front of my pc not on the motherboard (because Windows displays me headset in front and speakers in back) and not the USB port because with the USB port it makes the entry time significantly worse and I hear a sizzle (is it related to the electricity? you will notice that the headset manufacturers put the impedance ratio in the technical characteristics of the product.
Also important do not install any Realtek audio drivers and leave the default Windows audio driver.
HAGS : disable

- Absolutely configure CS 2 in Nvidia profile Inspector to enable rBAR, disable CUDA P2 state

- And finally when I turn off my PC I also press the power supply switch to turn off any power during its shutdown period.
I had this idea since the rear fan and the front fan at the top of my tower were not turning on startup one in two. Since then they have been running all the time...dirty electricity?

- Also never play on schtroumf accounts on Faceit as this is likely to create notable differences in gaming sensations on the different accounts.
- Same on Steam, avoid having multiple accounts.

- As I said, I play in 1920x1080, the native resolution of my screen to have the least input delay possible and also because it is the resolution on which I am most comfortable.
In the game the video settings are all low and Nvidia reflex disabled.

Now with all these adjustments I am rediscovering the feeling of a fluid and pleasant game.

I hope I can help some

Yours sincerely

Slender

Re: Sharing experience and optimization.

Post by Slender » 20 Apr 2024, 00:10

moppl87 wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 00:34
Hello everyone, I've been following this forum for a few years now, having had to deal with a major input lag problem myself on CS:GO or CS 2, and I've come to share several discoveries with you. I'm warning you that this is going to be a long one, so I'll be as precise as possible, and English is not my native language.

I've done countless experiments to find out if it's linked to a hardware, internet, electricity or Steam problem. So far, I've come to the baffling conclusion that it could be a mixture of hardware, internet, electricity and Steam, or all of the above. A hardware problem + 1 internet problem + 1 electrical problem in your home + steam not configuring properly etc...

First of all, I'll give you the full specifications of my hardware, and my symptoms.

Asrock z690 gaming phantom 4
i5-13600KF
RTX 3060
32 Go ram DDR4 Lexar (without XMP my RAM doesn't have it)
SSD M2 Lexar 500 Go
Be quiet 850 W
Processor cooling Be quiet dark rock pro 4
27-inch MSI G271 optix 144 Hz displayport-connected screen
Vaxee zygen np-01s mice
Headset logitech g pro x in jack plug mode
corsair k55 rgb pro wired keyboard
Fiber optic 2 GB ethernet connection with STFP 8 cable (IMPORTANT!)
Windows 10 pro
In-game native resolution 1920x1080
In Nvidia no scaling on display

My symptoms were a major entry delay on Faceit due to the third-party anti-cheat software, among other things, because in steam modes (premier, dm etc ...) I had almost no delay.
my shots not registering, the impression of playing with a feeling of heaviness with the mouse that seems to weigh tons, enemies killing me in ferrari peak etc ...

So here's what greatly reduced or even eliminated my entry delay.

In order of depth:

- My PC, monitor, and modem are all plugged into three different outlets. My PC is alone on an EMI noise-attenuated multisocket, my modem on a wall jack alone and my screen on a wall jack alone.

- Important following the testimony of the Lowel player on this forum the ethernet cable is a category 8 SFTP cable to protect against interference.

- on the screen g-sync/freesync disable, no image enhancement mode is enabled to minimize the amount of time.

- In the bios I only disabled C-state, E-core, put the processor in fixed mode in level 1 for the loadline calibration.
Everything else is by default.

- In Windows 10 the only noticeable changes (apart from the logical privacy tracing configs etc...) Are removing the mouse acceleration, changing the maximum performance power mode, setting Nvidia for CS 2 through Nvidia profile inspector and setting the audio sampling rate to CD quality I have had confirmation that CS 2 is like CS:GO for the audio sampling rate.
As specified in my hardware specifications regarding the headset I play with the jacks plugged into the front of my pc not on the motherboard (because Windows displays me headset in front and speakers in back) and not the USB port because with the USB port it makes the entry time significantly worse and I hear a sizzle (is it related to the electricity? you will notice that the headset manufacturers put the impedance ratio in the technical characteristics of the product.
Also important do not install any Realtek audio drivers and leave the default Windows audio driver.
HAGS : disable

- Absolutely configure CS 2 in Nvidia profile Inspector to enable rBAR, disable CUDA P2 state

- And finally when I turn off my PC I also press the power supply switch to turn off any power during its shutdown period.
I had this idea since the rear fan and the front fan at the top of my tower were not turning on startup one in two. Since then they have been running all the time...dirty electricity?

- Also never play on schtroumf accounts on Faceit as this is likely to create notable differences in gaming sensations on the different accounts.
- Same on Steam, avoid having multiple accounts.

- As I said, I play in 1920x1080, the native resolution of my screen to have the least input delay possible and also because it is the resolution on which I am most comfortable.
In the game the video settings are all low and Nvidia reflex disabled.

Now with all these adjustments I am rediscovering the feeling of a fluid and pleasant game.

I hope I can help some

Yours sincerely
how long has it been since you turned on your PC and didn’t touch anything except enter the game?

z3rg1ch

Post by z3rg1ch » 20 Apr 2024, 11:25

Do you have ghub for headset or just default windows driver?

moppl87

Post by moppl87 » 20 Apr 2024, 16:05

one week !
Before the latency problem reappeared after a few hours after formatting