The exact time when things go bad

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Hyote

The exact time when things go bad

Post by Hyote » 20 Apr 2024, 12:37

Sorry for posting too often but I would like to share this and ask for experiences. When I started up my pc today it was fine, I could tell. I had to lower my sensitivity ingame because my input felt faster than normal which lasted for around 10 minutes, then the game got stuck for half a second and everything got much worse instantly. It's always like this but I was never aware of when it happens. Similar to some kind of switch that instantly makes everything a whole lot worse.

Slender

Re: The exact time when things go bad

Post by Slender » 20 Apr 2024, 12:39

Hyote wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 12:37
Sorry for posting too often but I would like to share this and ask for experiences. When I started up my pc today it was fine, I could tell. I had to lower my sensitivity ingame because my input felt faster than normal which lasted for around 10 minutes, then the game got stuck for half a second and everything got much worse instantly. It's always like this but I was never aware of when it happens. Similar to some kind of switch that instantly makes everything a whole lot worse.
when you go sleep disable all power cables (pc/monitor) and try to play in morning.
if you have good first 10-30min you have elec. issue

Hyote

Post by Hyote » 20 Apr 2024, 12:51

Slender wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 12:39
Hyote wrote:
when you go sleep disable all power cables (pc/monitor) and try to play in morning.
Doesn't make a difference, I was playing like that from 2005 to 2016. Electricity related problems for me are random but this exact thing is constant. Something or things changing in one moment.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 20 Apr 2024, 14:33

Hyote wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 12:51
Slender wrote:
Hyote wrote:
Doesn't make a difference, I was playing like that from 2005 to 2016. Electricity related problems for me are random but this exact thing is constant. Something or things changing in one moment.
Try catch something via procmon. Be sure run it before this lag happen

Hyote

Post by Hyote » 20 Apr 2024, 18:07

InputLagger wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 14:33
Hyote wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 12:51
Slender wrote:
Hyote wrote:
Try catch something via procmon. Be sure run it before this lag happen
Thanks, I'll check that out.

issawm

Post by issawm » 22 Apr 2024, 21:41

man me too... me too..