Ladies and Gentleman. I finally beat floaty mouse feeling

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
dermodemon

Ladies and Gentleman. I finally beat floaty mouse feeling

Post by dermodemon » 29 Apr 2024, 11:00

Ladies and Gentleman. After 5 years of battle I finally beat floaty mouse feeling
It's not coming back.

I can finally feel my mouse like i felt it before when i was playing quake live and q3.

Absolutely no placebo.

First of all my specs:
GPU: nvidia 3080
CPU: ryzen 5600x
RAM: 32GB ddr4
MOBO: asrock b450m pro4-f
PSU: Chieftec 750W

Since i bought this mobo i overclocked almost everything (which was a mistake)

Let me share what i did.
1) I disabled PBO and manually set my cpu voltage and clocks. (4500mhz/1.25v), SOC/Uncore - Enabled.
2) I removed my ram timings overclock (i only set my ram speed at 3200mhz and all timings are on AUTO now).
3) I turned off GSYNC (adaptive sync) inside my MONITOR settings. (huge boost in terms of latency, even if it's off in nvidia control panel)
4) I removed all of my power cables inside PC case to my back panel from MOBO as far as possible (without any cable coils).
I myself didn’t believe that cable management could play such a big role on the feel of the mouse.
5) Basically what i did to my timer settings is in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKK-T482iv8
I set my bcdedit timer resolution like this https://imgur.com/uhaBCUB (there is my results in measuresleep.exe in this link too).
Also i use program called SetTimerResolution.exe and put a shortcut into the shell:startup folder. Shortcut settings look like this: "C:\SetTimerResolution.exe --resolution 5000 --no-console"
Most important part is go to regedit and make dword called GlobalTimerResolutionRequests in here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\kernel. And set it to 1.
Also i "disabled" HPET in the program called TimerBench 1.5.
6) Set Priority and IoPriority to csrss.exe to high in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\csrss.exe\PerfOptions
If you don't have csrss.exe and perfoptions folders you can create it.
Create 2 dwords inside PerfOptions: CpuPriorityClass and IoPriority. Both values are 3.
Also i set low priroty to DWM.exe in process lasso.
6) All of my mice(orochi v2, g305, mm712, fantech aria, fantech xd5, vxe R1 SE+ had tiny little dongles which i think is the main problem with floaty feeling. I have darmoshark m3 now and when i use default dongle it has floaty feeling too. But when i bought 2k dongle (put it in USB 3.1) even on 1000hz polling rate my mouse feels snappy and fast.
That's it.
I hope i help some of you guys.

p.s. sorry for my English

kyube

Re: Ladies and Gentleman. I finally beat floaty mouse feeling

Post by kyube » 29 Apr 2024, 11:30

dermodemon wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 11:00
Ladies and Gentleman. After 5 years of battle I finally beat floaty mouse feeling
It's not coming back.

I can finally feel my mouse like i felt it before when i was playing quake live and q3.

Absolutely no placebo.

First of all my specs:

Let me share what i did.
1) I disabled PBO and manually set my cpu voltage and clocks. (4500mhz/1.25v), SOC/Uncore - Enabled.
2) I removed my ram timings overclock (i only set my ram speed at 3200mhz and all timings are on AUTO now).
3) I turned off GSYNC (adaptive sync) inside my MONITOR settings. (huge boost in terms of latency, even if it's off in nvidia control panel)
4) I removed all of my power cables inside PC case to my back panel from MOBO as far as possible (without any cable coils).
I myself didn’t believe that cable management could play such a big role on the feel of the mouse.
5) Basically what i did to my timer settings is in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKK-T482iv8
I set my bcdedit timer resolution like this https://imgur.com/uhaBCUB (there is my results in measuresleep.exe in this link too).
Also i use program called SetTimerResolution.exe and put a shortcut into the shell:startup folder. Shortcut settings look like this: "C:\SetTimerResolution.exe --resolution 5000 --no-console"
Most important part is go to regedit and make dword called GlobalTimerResolutionRequests in here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\kernel. And set it to 1.
6) Set Priority and IoPriority to csrss.exe to high in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\csrss.exe\PerfOptions
Create 2 dwords inside PerfOptions: CpuPriorityClass and IoPriority. Both values are 3.
6) All of my mice(orochi v2, g305, mm712, fantech aria, fantech xd5, vxe R1 SE+ had tiny little dongles which i think is the main problem with floaty feeling. I have darmoshark m3 now and when i use default dongle it has floaty feeling too. But when i bought 2k dongle (put it in USB 3.1) even on 1000hz polling rate my mouse feels snappy and fast.
That's it.

You got a bad motherboard, PSU, very likely bad cooling and your Windows setup is bad.
Disabling HPET is a bad practice, so is messing with Timer Resolutions without knowing which Windows version you have.
Messing with csrss.exe is useless. You don't understand what these regedits do.
Not only that, the stability of which timer you choose matters, which is also tested.
I wouldn't be surprised if you had a overclock which was unstable, hence you feeling "FLOATY MOUSE FEELING"
Most poeple don't know how to overclock properly (if anyone else reads this, avoid overclocking)
All of this is useless, stop misleading people.

dermodemon

Post by dermodemon » 29 Apr 2024, 11:35

kyube wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 11:30
dermodemon wrote:
It's not coming back.

Absolutely no placebo.

First of all my specs:

Let me share what i did.
That's it.

You got a bad motherboard, PSU, very likely bad cooling and your Windows setup is bad.
Disabling HPET is a bad practice, so is messing with Timer Resolutions without knowing which Windows version you have.
Not only that, the stability of which timer you choose matters, which is also tested.
I wouldn't be surprised if you had a overclock which was unstable, hence you feeling "FLOATY MOUSE FEELING"
Most poeple don't know how to overclock properly (if anyone else reads this, avoid overclocking)
do you have floaty mouse feeling ?
i don't. now. hahahaha

Hyote

Post by Hyote » 29 Apr 2024, 19:08

dermodemon wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 11:35
kyube wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 11:30
dermodemon wrote:
It's not coming back.

Absolutely no placebo.

First of all my specs:

Let me share what i did.
That's it.

do you have floaty mouse feeling ?
i don't. now. hahahaha
There was a time when I had to use a macro for my Razer mouse. I installed Synapse and used Process Lasso to change its priority. The mouse feel was more consistent than it's ever been and the best thing was that I could replicate it every time. Then as usual it bugged me how more latency cannot be technically better than less. So I uninstalled it and had this ice skating cursor but it was more responsive. What you did was probably reach a lucky point where the added latency makes the experience feel smooth rather than inconsistent. If you made some changes to your system that would make it better then the floaty feeling would probably return.
Also for the timer resolution: GlobalTimerResolutionRequests is only needed for Windows Server 2022 and W11, and a slightly higher or lower value might give higher precision like 5070. But of course if it works then keep using it like this.

donktuman

Post by donktuman » 30 Apr 2024, 13:03

how long does it last so far?dont get your hopes high it will return :D

dermodemon

Post by dermodemon » 01 May 2024, 05:35

donktuman wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 13:03
how long does it last so far?dont get your hopes high it will return :D
still good. hope this never comes back

shebu

Post by shebu » 02 May 2024, 13:48

I tried all of this in 2018

Kipperii

Post by Kipperii » 03 May 2024, 01:44

shebu wrote:
02 May 2024, 13:48
I tried all of this in 2018
wow!

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 03 May 2024, 02:45

Yes! the years are increasing and people are same in the same circuit, the same over and over.

We are searching fix active from 2016 NON-STOP, in first 2 years we tried every single tweak what exist on computer software and also hardware.
All of this is only placebo effect. If something succeeds, it lasts for a few hours, a couple of days at the most - then problem come back even stronger!

In 2024 we all know we suffer ELECTRICAL problem that affect our input lag problems [ desync, bad hit reg in games, mouse floaty etc....]
Even Pro Players met with our problem when they changed apartment and problem became popular in 2024.

The only possible solution what exist is change apartment and hope you found a bettter one.

I recommend everyone avoid the possibility fix your current place where u have problem with electricity. I spent thousands of hours and thousands of money fix electricity problem in my Home.
Sometimes it seemed to help, but the problem always returned

I advise everyone buy all new [ pc,monitor,mouse,keyboard] when you decide to look for a second place.

This is only one reality how u can throw your problem away. Thanks.

Slender

Post by Slender » 04 May 2024, 08:12

dermodemon wrote:
It's not coming back.

Absolutely no placebo.

First of all my specs:

Let me share what i did.
That's it.

if you set auto for cpu voltage and set max amd multiplayer for you cpu (x46) with all DISABLED amd power saver and turboboost futures, flat llc. what value of voltage you get?