Input Lag of Strobe Backlights

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Q83Ia7ta

Re: Input Lag of Strobe Backlights

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 30 Dec 2013, 19:50

Can you just name the model of "non-LightBoost"?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Dec 2013, 21:41

Q83Ia7ta wrote:Can you just name the model of "non-LightBoost"?
Same monitor. LightBoost=OFF rather than LightBoost=ON.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Kertwaii

Post by Kertwaii » 28 Feb 2015, 04:35

I am sorry for necroing but this thread was the only one that has discussion about this particular theme
Is there a chart with input lag times for monitors when they have Lightboost on? What monitor is the fastest?
I have an old benq xl2411t and I actually avoid using Lightboost (except FPS games) because 144hz without strobing feels more responsive

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 28 Feb 2015, 09:16

Kertwaii wrote:I am sorry for necroing but this thread was the only one that has discussion about this particular theme
Is there a chart with input lag times for monitors when they have Lightboost on? What monitor is the fastest?
I have an old benq xl2411t and I actually avoid using Lightboost (except FPS games) because 144hz without strobing feels more responsive
There is no such chart. Only rarely results of some input lag measurements of some models. One fresh is for XL2420G http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1938