CS:GO -- Does 2 milliseconds matter?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
spacediver

Re: CS:GO -- Does 2 milliseconds matter?

Post by spacediver » 17 Dec 2014, 19:50

that 180 flick shot is pretty standard fare in quake, I make faster ones on a regular basis :)

the reaction time to the audio cue is impressive tho.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 17 Dec 2014, 21:27

flood wrote:i can get 150-160ms shots for t side picking mid in dust2 but ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFGpLdGEL9k

this is the only type of shot where being off by a tick could make him miss completely
I'm being mr.poopypants today

Although it's a good shot, he simply flicked and pulled the trigger. in fact his reaction TIME was quite bad, he heard that guy take a shot a good 1/3 of a second before he did anything about it.

in that exact shot, 2ms might of changed the fact of him hitting that shot, but simply if he was on another server the "algorithm" of were the shot would of landed while running would of been completely different making the bullet land a different result. or even if you had a robot do the exact same movement on the same server he would probably miss more then hit because of the slight "algorithmic changes" of where the bullet is going to land when moving and shooting.

IT WAS A REAAAAAALY GOOD SHOT, i just don't think it had to do with skill. :D ;) :( :cry: :P :idea: :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :twisted: :idea: :?:

Also do you really get the between door shot? i would love to see a video of you getting a few :)

flood

Post by flood » 18 Dec 2014, 06:47

yea. the fact that he made the shot is without a doubt largely due to luck. during the first flick he overshoots the head, but clicked while the crosshair was moving over the head. but anyway i don't really understand what we're discussing

flood

Post by flood » 18 Dec 2014, 21:00

lexlazootin wrote: Also do you really get the between door shot? i would love to see a video of you getting a few :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU3ccCXBHRM
in comp matches i can kill >70% of the time if i spawn alright and if my crosshair is placed where they cross.

spacediver

Post by spacediver » 18 Dec 2014, 21:34

rofl that's obscene. I'll try to convert a recent quakelive session and post here :)

flood

Post by flood » 19 Dec 2014, 05:22

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 19 Dec 2014, 21:11

flood wrote:here's an actual one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDYwgUU5o20
Damn man. i can't wait to get my new monitor and gear to try that out, thats mad!

just curious, you're using a crt and what mouse :P

flood

Post by flood » 19 Dec 2014, 21:29

g100s with a piece of shit left click button that's broken

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Dec 2014, 14:01

Regardless, the timing precision to make these kinds of shots, are quite insane.

This isn't the "2ms timing precision test case" I was thinking of, but this looks like a situation where you could probably miss the shot if you click one or two ticks early/late.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

spacediver

Post by spacediver » 21 Dec 2014, 00:19

Here's a recent FFA of me in 60 fps (watch in chrome). Wasn't in a twitchy mood, so no crazy flicks, but some nice smooth railing. Will try to compile some flick shots soon :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wlTGmpKJHE