Are there any relevant Windows Tweaks?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Fluehlingslolle

Are there any relevant Windows Tweaks?

Post by Fluehlingslolle » 27 May 2015, 17:11

My question is: Are there any relevant Windows-Tweaks to make a better gaming expierence?

Is MarkC's Mouse Acceleration Fix Windows 8.1 good? (For CSGO I dont need it anyway I think, cause of Raw Input, but for other games)
Are there any other good tweaks you would recoomend? Maybe any network settings to change?

Sorry for this "simple" question, but you can read sooo much different things on the internet. But I think the forums has really good knowledge.

(Windows 8.1, BenQ XL2411Z, NVIDIA GTX 970, Counter-Strike Global Offensive)

flood

Re: Are there any relevant Windows Tweaks?

Post by flood » 27 May 2015, 17:30

accel fix isn't need for modern games. usually it's really really obvious if there is accel

turn off power saving stuff in windows and bios

don't believe everything on the internet

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 27 May 2015, 17:39

Not really any windows tweaks. The main thing for minimizing input lag is either play with v-sync off, or use a variable refresh rate monitor with a capped framerate. Network settings are somewhat game dependent. Most of the time it's just a matter of using an ethernet cable instead of wireless (especially if you live in an apartment complex or condo), and forwarding any ports the game needs to your machine(make sure the machine you game on always gets the same IP address from the router).

Bishi

Post by Bishi » 14 Jun 2015, 05:02

Close all programs you don't need, close all services you don't need.

If you like you can try using Process Lasso for its gaming mode feature that throttles background processes so they don't 'steal' CPU while you play.

Power -> High performance.