serializeRender Black ops 3 Difference in inputlag?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Kirayamato

serializeRender Black ops 3 Difference in inputlag?

Post by Kirayamato » 16 Nov 2015, 01:27

hi guys so black ops 3 just got a new option i want to know how much of a difference in input should you see with this option looks really interesting would really like your guys input thanks

//0 use two threads, one thread update frame N while the second render N-1. 1 concatenate update and render. 2 concatenate update render and frame presentation.
// 0 is the default for the best performance, 1 and 2 improve latency but require a powerful CPU.
SerializeRender = "2" // 0 to 2

Sparky

Re: serializeRender Black ops 3 Difference in inputlag?

Post by Sparky » 16 Nov 2015, 03:11

If I understand it right, 0 should be used in a CPU limited v-sync off scenario, 1 in a GPU limited v-sync off scenario, and 2 in a v-sync on, monitor limited scenario (provided the framerate hit from that setting doesn't drop you below the refresh rate.)

There are too many variables to say how big a difference it makes on your system unless you test it yourself.

Kirayamato

Post by Kirayamato » 16 Nov 2015, 18:25

so if my gpu is getting max out and i still have some cpu usage left i should use 1 or 2? for the best latency with vsync off?

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 16 Nov 2015, 19:07

Kirayamato wrote:so if my gpu is getting max out and i still have some cpu usage left i should use 1 or 2? for the best latency with vsync off?
How big a difference in framerate is there between each option? I think 1 would be the best option for v-sync off. 2 should have the lowest possible start of frame latency, but it might not have the lowest average latency, if there's a significant drop in framerate.

Kirayamato

Post by Kirayamato » 17 Nov 2015, 15:48

right now on 1440p 144 hz monitor am dipping below to an average of around 120 on option 2 and option 1 is closer to what 0 is so deciding to run that as 2 might be better but the frame drop is worse