CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
1000WATT

Re: CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Post by 1000WATT » 31 Jan 2020, 22:00

Yes, everything depends on the cost of providing the service. For me, 500mb costs $ 7.8 a month; 1gb costs 15. 500mb For 10 years I will pay $ 937.5.
About 6 years ago. I came across these problems. The equipment market in my country did not offer ready-made solutions in the form of "gaming" routers as it is happening now. I can assume that now on the "gaming" routers all the necessary settings are made in 1 click and are intuitive. Of the routers I know of, MikroTik routers were suitable for my purposes, but they were not officially sold as they were not yet certified.
It was decided to buy a router on which you can install a third-party OS namely openwrt.List of devices supporting openwrt https://openwrt.org/toh/start The choice fell on the TL-WDR3600. For $ 31.
With openwrt firmware, hardware nat was no longer supported. There was only software nat, the router processor was enough for ~ 150mb. In those years, the provider provided 100MB of speed and this router was enough. After setting priorities and limits, all problems are gone. I calmly played the League of Legends at the moment when my wife downloaded films through a client with a torrent.
2 people from another city used my router as a VPN server. Since the route to me and after to the game servers was with less loss and less ping than the route from them to the game servers. But years passed and the provider began to provide speeds of 200 then 300 and now it is 1GB. Of course, this router can no longer cope and is not used.
By the way, if you now buy a “gaming” 1GB router for $ 1000, it’s quite possible providers in 5 years will begin to provide 2-10GB speeds. So buy a 10GB router right away. Chief offers you an easy solution. I propose a solution much more complicated but also much cheaper, especially if the provider speed is not higher than 100mb.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 01 Feb 2020, 01:03

new modems/routers didnt help as the problem wasnt in my home i went through and tested all the settings and what not and on the internet backbone in third world countries this could be a problem but here in the us its generally not i have a friend who lives around 15-20 minutes away tested at his home and it was perfect which leads me to believe it is an area issue and not a global/statewide issue most likely some configurations in the headend as to qos prioritizations on my node and thanks for clearing that up chief i did think you were referencing icmps because thats usually the standard when people refer to ping

pwn

Post by pwn » 01 Feb 2020, 06:35

little decides the router in your home.
In my opinion, the problem must be sought outside the home, we do not know what is happening with our game traffic udp in the provider's networks.

I have no solution for this problem, but it seems to me that the whole problem is that in the total mass of traffic (UDP, torrents, etc.), game traffic loses too much in delivery speed and delay.
QoS an exit as far as I understood only in a local area network. Are there any methods of marking traffic that will increase its priority in comparison with torrent traffic? and how to get my provider’s equipment to process game packages in the first place.

Or expensive option number 2 is a cable from a traffic exchange point (as a rule they are in all cities)

Danybonin

Post by Danybonin » 02 Feb 2020, 10:18

Hello, sorry for my poor english. Regarding that problem and the way you describe it, i think this could be related to the fact that you are probably cpu bottlenecked. What is you gpu utilisation while playing this game? With those kind of fps you are probably not gpu bound, and i guess your gpu utilisation is not close to 100%.

I saw some case when being limitted by cpu instead or gpu cause some weird felling, a bit like how micro-stuttering can fell. You have 300fps but it doest feel like it. Can you tell what are the cpu utilisation and gpu utilisation while playing that game?
There was a program, i can't remember the name, that limit the cpu a little bit in case of cpu limitted game that helped a lot with this.
5930k at 4.4 Ghz
Asus x99 deluxe
16GB ddr4 3000mhz
2080 ti
ssd 850 pro 512GB + 1T evo 840 + 1T pcie ssd
win 10 64bits
Asus pg27uq 4k HDR 144hz monitor
(sorry for my poor english, i speak french)

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 02 Feb 2020, 13:02

im 100% sure that is a network problem which is affected on the area.... how do i know ? i living now since more than 2 years in my city and went just to a new flat which was 2 streets away and expierenced the same propblems.

Then first of all i thought it is my "cable" ISP and ordered a DSL into my flat too and the results was the same on booth connections.
Then i started to change my routers and was port fortwarding and enabled QoS in router Settings.... didnt helped either.
I started to tweak every shit which you can tweak on Windows 10 registry what is even network related... didnt helped at all.
Then i started bought a new NIC which not helped either... bought a new Motherboard... regardless.

The only things which helped for me and that was only once or two times.... was using a VPN. I dont know why but it seemed for me that i helped a lot cause all of my issues gone away and all games which i maintained felt "fixed".
But the Problem right now is, does the VPN Method not WORK anymore and i have nooooo clue why ... i think its related to "Windows 10" there might be released an "update" which "somehow" change my "peering" not anymore... this started from one day to the other and still expierince how i can fix this cause that helped atleast for me.... also i expierenced that "Speed and Duxplex" went from 1 Gps to 100 m/bits in the adapter setting and its not set to auto negiotate. Also i cant change anymore the "Congestion Controll Provider" or any network things which are related on Windows 10. Its also not the firewall cause i disabled it .... can it be the Windows Defender ? i dont know.

Also i gone to my friends home and played there, his network was not the best but i didnt expierenced any issues there... so it is 100% a network issue there. My ping is always below then 10ms and the ingame Indicator doesnt show me packet loss at all on but you can definitly feel that you have real issues.

Enemys Player Model feels heavy, you cant really track them cause they are to fast and skipping "frames" somehow.
Everyone can kill you easily, you may have the feeling that they are "faster" in EVERYTHING and you are "caped".
This Sounds now silly but even the Mouse movement is affected and the Bloom when you shooting with the gun.
The whole Game which you play online is "stuttering".

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 03 Feb 2020, 18:20

tbh it would be really helpful if there were like a network engineer or something in this forum to figure out all possible causes/isp configurations that could cause this because interleaving is not the only problem as there are even people on fiber ftth with these same issues of bad hitreg and the improper player model positioning, ultra fast peaks, feeling of being prefired all the time this problem deserves alot more attention because it really does cripple the affected players skillset significantly

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 03 Feb 2020, 19:00

nick4567 wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 18:20
tbh it would be really helpful if there were like a network engineer or something in this forum to figure out all possible causes/isp configurations that could cause this because interleaving is not the only problem as there are even people on fiber ftth with these same issues of bad hitreg and the improper player model positioning, ultra fast peaks, feeling of being prefired all the time this problem deserves alot more attention because it really does cripple the affected players skillset significantly
I know you think you are very sure it is ISP caused, but I would urge you to consider it is actually electrical in nature. Now I am not sure if you only have these issues in online games or not but there are multiple folks out there with this problem and it is still there when fully offline. I know for fact it is EMI interfering with data signals in my case.

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 04 Feb 2020, 00:24

please tell me how hitreg issues would be electrical in nature or how people seeing you a second before you see them is electrical i get that input lag could be caused by electrical issues and i have seen the other thread where you claim to have tested your pc at multiple houses near you and in a different part of your city, please tell me how that doesnt scream internet issues to you, do you think that the more probable cause is that the electricity for a certain town is bad, there would be more than just problems with gaming if that were the case whereas resedential non-dia internet is a complete shitshow and varies wildly from area to area

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 04 Feb 2020, 01:59

nick4567 wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 00:24
please tell me how hitreg issues would be electrical in nature or how people seeing you a second before you see them is electrical i get that input lag could be caused by electrical issues and i have seen the other thread where you claim to have tested your pc at multiple houses near you and in a different part of your city, please tell me how that doesnt scream internet issues to you, do you think that the more probable cause is that the electricity for a certain town is bad, there would be more than just problems with gaming if that were the case whereas resedential non-dia internet is a complete shitshow and varies wildly from area to area
Hit reg issues would be desyncronized data signals, same as with the input lag. Anyway if the issues are still there when the Ethernet is pulled (my case) it is obviously not Internet caused. How do I know its electrical? Moving cables, placing toroid cores or ferrites on virtually any cable changes the mouse tracking. When my appliances in the house kick on the mouse slows down, one guy even reported that his ceiling fan controller also changed his mouse tracking. Now I am not saying you have the same issues here, but many in this thread report the mouse feeling heavy, input lag, and desync all of which I have seen and have confirmed is electrical (in my situation). That does not mean I know the source of the issues- I think it is a hard to detect grounding issue, but still I feel I have confirmed it is electrical interference. All I am saying is consider it, as me and others with this issue have disconnected internet entirely, tried on mobile networks etc and it makes no difference.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 04 Feb 2020, 06:31

I have the same problem since 2013 probably. It has nothing to do with hardware, or internet. It's just fcked up and bugged steam account problem. At 5 different pc's my game feels like 60hz, with other accounts everything is normal. Copying userdata files from new steam acc to main doesn't help. It's literally unfixable.

The guy, who has same problem:
Believe me, I know what you are talking about, after all, I was forced to set aside a "career" for this reason, but the case is definitely not steam accounts.

I had the same problem in a team gaming house that I was representing last year, my game was horrible, bad hitreg and 60hz gaming sensation (with 240hz monitor) so I looked sideways, all my teammates were With their smooth and perfect games, everyone was playing quietly.

I also tried to change steam account there, but that didn't help, so I decided to leave the team because I felt my mind couldn't stand the problem.

3 days later the player who replaced me used the PC I was playing, and surprise? His game was butter-smooth, normal.

I have it almost 10, since cs go launch in 2012, I could never find anything solid.

I left the professional CS in 2018 because of this.

Over 7000U$ spent on it, electricity, new pc builds, wireless equipment, power conditioners, double conversion online ups, 6 differentes internet providers, this problem is old, there was a topic where people were discussing and saying possible solutions, I I tried all, unsuccessfully, I could never solve it.
My reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... _big_help/

I tried probably every windows tweak, a lot of hardware changes, different internet, etc - nothing worked.