CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Unixko

Re: CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Post by Unixko » 06 Sep 2020, 21:53

alexander1986 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:27
TN_fun wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 10:48
alexander1986 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 15:39
Nope, in quakeworld for example, there is console command to artificially inflate your ping "cl_delay_packet" with X milliseconds, no matter if I have 10 ms or 200 ms the mouse feeling is exactly the same, same in fortnite if I connect to american server instead of europe, so I have 100 ms/180 ms on NA East and NA West instead of 20 ms on Europe, the mouse feels exactly the same in all these cases,

what is different only is moving around, performing actions, hitregistration, delay in placing builds/editing builds in fortnite etc, but the mouse feeling itself is always, always the same (unless you have input lag)

maybe the games you play dont work like this I dont know, either way its not internet problem when mouse feels bad on desktop/BIOS too lmao
Not. Ping doesn't matter at all. You do not know what the delay of packets has and what their queue is, they can be confused or delayed, this is a protocol without confirmation.

complete BS. what do you mean ping does not matter at all? if I have 10 ms ping to a server, then I have 10 ms ping to a server, its so easy to feel the difference between 10 ms or 200 ms or you mean ping values can't be trusted for some reason?

how are packets "confused" exactly? LOL
ask turkish and Russlan godz on faceit with 120 ping how can they be so good

mello

Post by mello » 07 Sep 2020, 04:53

alexander1986 wrote:
complete BS. what do you mean ping does not matter at all? if I have 10 ms ping to a server, then I have 10 ms ping to a server, its so easy to feel the difference between 10 ms or 200 ms or you mean ping values can't be trusted for some reason?

He means that ping is irrelevant if you are happen to be affected by network performance fluctuations, which is 100% true. You can have ping 10, but if you have hit registration problems you will be at huge disadvantage and always lose to someone (with an equal skill lvl) who has ping 30-50 when that person has perfect hitreg. Ping doesn't tell you anything how UDP packets are being handled & prioritized by your ISP and on the way to the server, it doesn't tell you if they are being delayed or delivered out of order etc. which directly affects FPS gaming (model positioning, model visibility, hit registration, peeking corners, spraying, recoil etc.) in a negative way. Ping is completely useless measurement in this regard.
Last edited by mello on 07 Sep 2020, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.

dervu

Post by dervu » 07 Sep 2020, 06:11

Aren't UDP packets in CSGO numbered? Maybe it is possible to check if this is issue, at least to check out of order packets.
And second question. Are out of order packets result of bad handling, so it is our only thing to watch for or are there any other parameters to look for?
Probably for this we would need second PC, because it isn't possible to run something like wireshark with CSGO open.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 07 Sep 2020, 06:13

alexander1986 wrote:
Here talks about a problem at the provider level. But I think the same can be at the level of your house, district, large house with many apartments.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/com ... ical_post/

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 07 Sep 2020, 17:20

alexander1986 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 01:41
SKILLEN wrote:
02 Sep 2020, 15:48
nuggify wrote:
02 Sep 2020, 15:08
I know for fact a lot of the people posting in this thread have problems that extend beyond internet and online play. You should really all look into this being electrically caused because I have the same issues (online and offline) as have been reported here.

But why sometimes game feels okay(most of the time doesnt).Can electicity cause this randomness ?
100% yes, for example, having high ping will not make your mouse feel heavier when you turn it around in a FPS game, ( stand still in game and just move mouse from left to right, this should always feel exactly the same no matter if ping is 10 or 200, (if all settings are same such as vsync off, framerate limit, etc)

if it is connection problem only, then where you feel delay is when performing actions such as shooting/jumping/moving around etc, things that has to be sent to server and back to you, there is where the network delay is, but mouse should always feel the same no matter what if all settings are the same, if mouse feels bad even on desktop/BIOS when it is bad in game, and feels good on desktop/BIOS when it feels good in game also, this is another way to know 100% has nothing to do with internet connection at least.

(also if ping is always the same, even when it feels good or bad, is another way to rule out connection problems)

the problem where some days mouse feels good and light, some days mouse feels bad and heavy , even after replacing all hardware, is 99.99% in my opinion because of electricity problems (EMI/RFI). and we see more and more people discovering this or being affected by it recently, at least from my research on the issue and browsing a lot of different tech forums over the past 3 years or so regarding this topic,

easy test to be 100% sure, take your monitor and pc to a friend or so, test your setup there, maybe test at 2-3 different other places if you have the possibility, easiest way to know for sure, anyway this EMI/RFI problem is something that will become more and more problematic as time goes on I suspect... just my 2 cents,

would be very interesting to see result of testing your system at other place , good luck with finding solution anyway hopefully you do not have to move to another place!

PS reasons that it sometimes feels good (but most of the time not) is likely due to power draw on your grid/house/area going up and down, temperature and humidity outside seems to affect this EMI problem too in different ways... anyway to be 100% sure, test system at other place ! good luck again
I do not believe it is EMI anymore. I now believe (with the help of someones data and measurements) that it is in fact distorted current harmonic waveform. The THD is in the 70%+, which is extremely high.

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 07 Sep 2020, 21:54

mello wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 04:53
alexander1986 wrote:

He means that ping is irrelevant if you are happen to be affected by network performance fluctuations, which is 100% true. You can have ping 10, but if you have hit registration problems you will be at huge disadvantage and always lose to someone (with an equal skill lvl) who has ping 30-50 when that person has perfect hitreg. Ping doesn't tell you anything how UDP packets are being handled & prioritized by your ISP and on the way to the server, it doesn't tell you if they are being delayed or delivered out of order etc. which directly affects FPS gaming (model positioning, model visibility, hit registration, peeking corners, spraying, recoil etc.) in a negative way. Ping is completely useless measurement in this regard.
im telling you right now the problem is not internet related at all or if it is then it is caused by interference of network devices through electrical noise/harmonics ur pointing people in the wrong direction i went down this path and tested the theory

dervu

Post by dervu » 08 Sep 2020, 04:10

I digged into this Russlan player post on vk.ru and went into dark hole with total 40 pages of translated to english crap and to sum it up:
I am not sure if it was the same Russlan player or someone else, but is seems like problem is the same.
No one on their ISP forum found anything, there were some knowledgeable people but none of them found anything weird in stats that guy with problem sent to them. They discussed about all that congestion control, bufferbloat and all other crap. This guy only had normal working game with 4G internet. Then years later next topic, where he rented apartment where it all was good, but still no one could tell him what is different in this apartment that makes it work good.
Then he said that in another one apartment he checked there was same ISP and it was bad again.

Some things seem to contradict each other. How was 4G connection good if it was indeed problem with electircity? Maybe the problem lies in interference or whatever it is coming through coaxial cable. If it was fiber it should not cross to apartment.

Interesting.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 08 Sep 2020, 05:21

dervu wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 04:10
I digged into this Russlan player post on vk.ru and went into dark hole with total 40 pages of translated to english crap and to sum it up:
I am not sure if it was the same Russlan player or someone else, but is seems like problem is the same.
No one on their ISP forum found anything, there were some knowledgeable people but none of them found anything weird in stats that guy with problem sent to them. They discussed about all that congestion control, bufferbloat and all other crap. This guy only had normal working game with 4G internet. Then years later next topic, where he rented apartment where it all was good, but still no one could tell him what is different in this apartment that makes it work good.
Then he said that in another one apartment he checked there was same ISP and it was bad again.

Some things seem to contradict each other. How was 4G connection good if it was indeed problem with electircity? Maybe the problem lies in interference or whatever it is coming through coaxial cable. If it was fiber it should not cross to apartment.

Interesting.
If that was the case simply unplugging my ethernet, or my modem would fix the issue, which it does not. Many of us have also tried using cellular internet to no avail.

TTT

Post by TTT » 10 Sep 2020, 09:03

I have the same issue and I'm pretty sure its the bad broadband lines, the old copper phone cables carry the broadband to the houses from the box still, its only fibre to the box on the other side.

I have stable DL/UP speed and in game ping always is a stable decent number.

Online games (FPS) jitter occasionally and feel heavy all the time like Vsync is on, its pretty pointless to try and play PVP/competitive properly. But then every so often I will feel it suddenly go crispy and really responsive for a short while, but it never stays that way.

Testing games offline seem to be alot more responsive, even something like GTA which is using alot of power from the system feels crispy all the time.

I know ping latency is basically hit reg, but that doesn't affect actual mouse and control latency online, but I guess badly routed broadband and packet loss does?

MAESTROHANTER

Post by MAESTROHANTER » 22 Sep 2020, 16:24

dervu wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 04:10
I digged into this Russlan player post on vk.ru and went into dark hole with total 40 pages of translated to english crap
Hi. You sure that it was vk.com? Mb forum.nag.ru? Someone sent this topic in the comments on my YouTube channel under the video, as it was very similar to my story and there were definitely more than 40 pages hahah xD I see that you also did not succeed in solving this problem.
I can say for sure that this person fully revealed the problem with these words:
mello wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 04:53
I also want to note that for me personally, this problem manifests itself gradually. In different ways, but if I have not entered a particular game for a very long time, then at the very beginning everything is more or less normal. After a while, the game turns into torment. And etc.

For example you can watch my stream from the first day of the game here, and what happens today when it becomes impossible to play due to the growing problem. (I play in such a way sitting on ramp that I can see the problem exactly. Usually no one plays like that, but for the test I have to choose positions in order to know exactly where the opponent will come from and so that he also knows where I will come from.)
For those who do not understand what the matter is, it will seem that there is nothing special and I just play badly. Nevertheless, I have a huge delay, which does not affect the ping in any way.

And I also wanted to complete my story about moving. Not so long ago, a computer club was opened not far from my main apartment. There are no problems there, of course. I also have another apartment, which is literally 200 meters from this shopping center, where the club is located. The problems in this apartment are the same as in my main one. Here is a screenshot of the map.
Therefore, I don't think it makes sense to consider anything other than the problem with the Internet. The difference is only in the provider, since the club has its own channel, which is connected directly to the data center via its own cable.

It is also possible that soon I will have some special equipment provided by one company that can display connection problems. I can't say the exact date yet. This equipment is usually used when building networks, so there are more various graphs and other things.

Gl to us in this fight, hope someone can find another way to fix this shit, except for moving to another apartment.
Btw sorry for google translator xD