CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
yezzir

Re: CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Post by yezzir » 27 May 2021, 00:39

I've been dealing with this problem the moment I moved to a new place with a new ISP for awhile now
At the old place I was using DSL that was signficantly slower speeds but ping was low and hit reg was good in CSGO and Overwatch
At the current and new place I'm using cable internet and my ping is low but there is a delay of what feels like maybe 100 ~ 200ms in games like CSGO Valorant OW and Siege with the exact same computer
Other players have a significant advantage over me because I believe they see me first
Player models would also move incredibly fast sometimes which I assume is due to dropped packets/packet delay/out of order packets and the game is trying to correct their positions with lag compensation so they don't teleport
I get shot when moving behind walls and get killed by people that appear to have impossible reaction times because I'm dead before I can even register seeing their model in my brain (my reaction time test is 200ms ~ 220ms on a 60hz monitor)
I can see and feel the delay when throwing grenades because I would throw the nade and then say move left and the grenade would would appear to be launched from my right rather than infront of me and if I was moving and then I stop and then throw the nade in quick succession the game lags behind and the nade would be thrown with lateral force
I am able shoot people and then move my crosshair away from the model and then visually see headshot dinks blood splats and kill confirmations afterwards
I was SMFC before moving and now games at the MG/MG2 level have become incredibly hard because of the delay
No amount of positioning and strategy is going to overcome someone who has what I'm feeling to be again like a 100ms ~ 200ms advantage
I don't think its an electrical problem or any of my computer's hardware because hitreg in offline with bots feels perfect and it has to be internet hardware or ISP related since I feel this delay across multiple games
I've skimmed the thread and the only plausible reasons I can think of is either the ISP has congestion/poor handling or dropping UDP packets/poor routing OR something that I haven't seen being mentioned in this thread is the modem and I don't believe it's my router because I have changed it and games still have the same delayed feeling
The modem I'm currently using is a TM822G (Power and SNR are all within normal range and very little corrected and pretty much zero uncorrectables) which has a Puma5 chipset and I haven't seen anything negative about it but I've read posts about Puma6 and Puma7 chipset modems and how they suffer from latency and jitter issues
So how many people here with latency problems are actually running modems with Broadcom chipsets vs Puma chipsets?

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 29 May 2021, 03:40

your problem is different in my case i have heavy input lag even in offline games with no internet cable connected to my pc.... this issue happen in offline games too even in desktop is annoying because is fixed in the night like 2 am and at 1pm is back... i know this because the feel of delay is HUGE

losxer

Post by losxer » 30 May 2021, 07:55

yezzir wrote:
27 May 2021, 00:39
I've been dealing with this problem the moment I moved to a new place with a new ISP for awhile now
At the old place I was using DSL that was signficantly slower speeds but ping was low and hit reg was good in CSGO and Overwatch
At the current and new place I'm using cable internet and my ping is low but there is a delay of what feels like maybe 100 ~ 200ms in games like CSGO Valorant OW and Siege with the exact same computer
Other players have a significant advantage over me because I believe they see me first
Player models would also move incredibly fast sometimes which I assume is due to dropped packets/packet delay/out of order packets and the game is trying to correct their positions with lag compensation so they don't teleport
I get shot when moving behind walls and get killed by people that appear to have impossible reaction times because I'm dead before I can even register seeing their model in my brain (my reaction time test is 200ms ~ 220ms on a 60hz monitor)
I can see and feel the delay when throwing grenades because I would throw the nade and then say move left and the grenade would would appear to be launched from my right rather than infront of me and if I was moving and then I stop and then throw the nade in quick succession the game lags behind and the nade would be thrown with lateral force
I am able shoot people and then move my crosshair away from the model and then visually see headshot dinks blood splats and kill confirmations afterwards
I was SMFC before moving and now games at the MG/MG2 level have become incredibly hard because of the delay
No amount of positioning and strategy is going to overcome someone who has what I'm feeling to be again like a 100ms ~ 200ms advantage
I don't think its an electrical problem or any of my computer's hardware because hitreg in offline with bots feels perfect and it has to be internet hardware or ISP related since I feel this delay across multiple games
I've skimmed the thread and the only plausible reasons I can think of is either the ISP has congestion/poor handling or dropping UDP packets/poor routing OR something that I haven't seen being mentioned in this thread is the modem and I don't believe it's my router because I have changed it and games still have the same delayed feeling
The modem I'm currently using is a TM822G (Power and SNR are all within normal range and very little corrected and pretty much zero uncorrectables) which has a Puma5 chipset and I haven't seen anything negative about it but I've read posts about Puma6 and Puma7 chipset modems and how they suffer from latency and jitter issues
So how many people here with latency problems are actually running modems with Broadcom chipsets vs Puma chipsets?
No One talking about the modem because Is not the modem.. you was playing with dsl u said ping was low so i think ur isp give u fastpath for lowest latency, now in ur house ur playing with vdsl ? This One use dslam, g.inp, and it's Total different tecnology Cooper from your house to dslam and then fiber to central, dsl Is Cooper from house to central.

Oof s1mple Is the One of the best player in world in csgo, but Just see how the enemy missing him hard even if Is the High rank in valorant. https://youtu.be/ErC3zw0D4dU Just look the last 1 mins clip where he Is 1v4 camping in base and wait him pre aim and missing hard him he take 0 demage cuz everyone miss hard .

Another One , Just put the video on YouTube in slow-mo 0.25x and Just see how he miss every shoot and then push the guy , Just see how much the reaction for the guy Is slow , he can start to shoot him before the enemy even see him, Is soo clear.. https://youtu.be/f52zAhlxfiE Mins 2.05 use slow-mo 0.25x

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 30 May 2021, 08:42

@yezzir The puma 5 & 6 chips are a pieces of dung/poop/crap. I used them (6140 & 6190) for over 5 years before knowing they had issues. I did a switch to compare with my MB8600 and the difference was immediately noticeable.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31079 ... ar-mistake

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31122 ... Discussion

manTa

Post by manTa » 25 Oct 2021, 16:51

Hey everyone- I've been following this thread from a unregistered account for weeks now just wanted to post my own updates 8-)

Thank you so much @mello you are truly a problem solver and I have the upmost respect for your approach and patience, you know what you're doing.
After 120+ hours of debugging my problem is solved for the time being, we all know the likeliness of this issue reoccurring is higher then average :? so hopefully this is the end of my journey.

From the top- I am also a semi relevant player in the CS:GO community, when I started to experience all of the issues others claim (screen tear, intermittent stutters, my deagle DIDN'T WORK, heavy mouse sensitivity, syrupy, my AK felt like I was dragging 10 cinderblocks behind it, if you know the feeling it's easily relatable) I found myself in a downward spiral of debugging hell. I even questioned the correct power voltage being omitted into my apartment which is heavily occupied by 200+ tenants.

Setup a debug environment: (please create a restore point beforehand)
Unplug everything except keyboard and mouse.
Make sure your PC is plugged directly into the outlet not on a powerstrip or extension cord.
Unplug everything in the room you are not using, you might be overloading the breaker or something, who knows just don't overload it.
Uninstall steam and CS:GO everywhere you see it entirely.

Clear CMOS, unplug your power supply, hit the switch, remove the CMOS battery from the board for ~30s whatever you have to do.
Bring BIOS to the state the drive was created on the FIRST time, it was WRITTEN TO if possible. (if not go with default, just make sure you are NOT oc'd)

Turn your power plan on windows to anything other than balanced(makes a huge difference)- I recommend performance.
Set network adapter to default behavior, anything extra remove. ipv4 and ipv6 settings if adjusted ever. you can lookup default settings.
Login to your routers control panel and set your router to default settings AND THEN get an assistant or whoever to reset your router from their end via live chat or whatever you use. While you are there, go to port forwarding or rules. OPEN UDP PORTS. https://portforward.com/counter-strike- ... offensive/

Try using only a single monitor AND a CLEAN BOOT. (DISABLE everything, yes everything from services startup tab after clicking HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES BOX to ensure you aren't disabling needed services for windows. Do the same for the startup tab itself, disable everything. This includes removing Xbox game bar, dvr, hdr, game mode, gpu accelerated modes, disabling cortana via registry, unchecking disable fullscreen optimizations from CS:GO exe inside of your steam directory, not a shortcut.
Unpark your CPU cores. https://thecomputernoob.com/2018/01/03/ ... cpu-cores/
Uninstall all audio devices from the machine.

Launch ResourceMonitor from task manager, let it hangout behind the scenes with LATENCYMON(link below).
Manually delete all .CFG files from csgo directory inside of CFG folder. Any files that ends with .cfg just remove it, be on the lookout for anything joystick, controller, SteamVR related, if enabled get rid of all of it. I thought for a bit my input lag came from a enabled controller, or the joystick 1 command, wasn't the case in my scenario but always could be.
Obviously remove local files and verify integrity as you wish.
Disconnect all devices on your network other then the PC you are on.

I played a few mm's while watching my resource monitor and my bandwidth was going pretty crazy still, my ROUTER was a bit out of date. So during my process I went and picked up a new one with wifi6 for piece of mind re-opened my UDP ports, gave it a bit of time, created a custom resolution inside of NVidia control panel 4:3(1280x960) @ 144hz - hopped into that resolution and perfect, a bit of a nostalgic moment because it has really been that long since CS felt normal to me. :o

Get a new router, get a new modem, new ethernet cords, (not using coax) remove everything and I mean EVERYTHING that could interfere and the problem will fix. Get on a clean network with only your PC connected, check your netstat -o to make sure your active connections aren't congested with old connections on there hogging your bandwidth. Constant sanity checks and patience wins here. I never really thought internet could affect the game like it was, but @mello was right. Internet and connectivity are the most important/parent dependencies in cs:go and without a stable connection it does these types of things.

/sidenote has anyone tried bringing their PC to a friends house and playing on their network? :P could be a great way to diagnose.
:cheers: :D

tools:
ddu driver removal - remove display drivers without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store).
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/di ... nload.html
latencymon - very helpful for logs, kernal disruption, AUDIO. https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
marks mousefix - http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/201 ... n-fix.html
rammap - clearing ram that's on standby https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... ads/rammap
dp cable - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VV ... =UTF8&th=1

ZINZIRIO

Post by ZINZIRIO » 25 Oct 2021, 21:45

Hello, how are you, this topic, which I have been talking to friends for years, luckily I do not suffer as much as other people I consider that I have a pretty good connection but I was reading because the truth is that I like to read about these topics since there are few the people who know it, then when I meet people who do know about it, I find it interesting to read it. By the way I have an ADSL connection and there is something that I did not know and I found it here. I activated the NRT-VBR and I notice a positive improvement in the games, more fluid both the game and the hitreg but I don't know what values ​​to enter. I have maximum size of cells 1-2123 Variable or average size of cells 1-2022 Queue size 1-1000000 What values ​​should I enter? Thanks Size

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 28 Oct 2021, 04:17

ZINZIRIO wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 21:45
Hello, how are you, this topic, which I have been talking to friends for years, luckily I do not suffer as much as other people I consider that I have a pretty good connection but I was reading because the truth is that I like to read about these topics since there are few the people who know it, then when I meet people who do know about it, I find it interesting to read it. By the way I have an ADSL connection and there is something that I did not know and I found it here. I activated the NRT-VBR and I notice a positive improvement in the games, more fluid both the game and the hitreg but I don't know what values ​​to enter. I have maximum size of cells 1-2123 Variable or average size of cells 1-2022 Queue size 1-1000000 What values ​​should I enter? Thanks Size
When I was on adsl without any good Qos, I used CBR and maxed out the cell size if I remember correctly and that greatly helped. As for queue size, I don’t know

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 30 Oct 2021, 17:35

Eonds wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 04:17
ZINZIRIO wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 21:45
When I was on adsl without any good Qos, I used CBR and maxed out the cell size if I remember correctly and that greatly helped. As for queue size, I don’t know
Is there a way u can make a custom bios to let users manually lighten the amount of error correction across various components

ZINZIRIO

Post by ZINZIRIO » 30 Oct 2021, 23:49

Unfortunately when I change to VBR or CBR the positive change is instantaneous but after 2-3 days everything returns to normal I do not know if it is a matter of my ISP or what but I noticed that the performance returns to as if it were in UBR

None

Post by None » 25 Mar 2024, 13:05

The problem could be 2: Power quality is bad or noise on internet line or from isp side (snr margin or h-field in you are near your cables).
High SNR Margin not only will improve the feeling. Screen sharpness will increase, faster bullets with more stable recoil and crisp audio, slower enemy models and so on... It feels like your pc got another shot of life and as for electricity quality it could be many reasons starting from parasitic field from external sources to interference in your ground or bad power cycle. Filtering H-field is not easy and most of the time it requires changing location, and even finding a proper location without such issue is not an easy task too, and if you don't believe me try a power conditioner or try to sacrifice your internet speed at the cost of your snr margin. We can talk from now till years. Speaking is not like feeling trust me. You need to troubleshoot and feel the difference yourself. Top notch pcs with high fps and low ping is just a number and will render useless aka dead with bad quality electricity and internet!