CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
alexander1986

Re: CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Post by alexander1986 » 11 Feb 2021, 03:45

by the way, to anyone here who thinks their problem is caused by out of order UDP packets, try to experiment in fortnite and see how it feels there for you and so on, reason? Epic games completely solved this issue over a year ago on their end, they came up with a way to order the packets correctly in realtime, basically as far as I understand it anyway.

full explanation from a epic games developer responsible for the fix here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/com ... ical_post/

this completely fixed hitreg issues for users with shitty ISPs that are not handling udp packets correctly, would be cool if more game companies could implement this method or whatever.

Anyway, in my case, this fix did not solve the random input lag problems I have, my issues are 100% to do with electricity, if its EMI,RFI, or THD I do not know, but sometime this year I will move to another place anyway because of work and I have already tested my equipment at friends and other locations,

works flawless there but in my home I have the same random input lag problems as others here, (changed every single hardware component and cable, tried ~100 euro power filter furman m10xe, tried without internet connection, etc, etc) and my problem still remains, basically , when its bad for me, my mouse feels super heavy and delayed even on desktop/bios and obviously in games too when its like that, and when it feels good the mouse is light and responsive, nothing software/operating system/driver wise makes any difference, happens offline and online,

the only pattern I see is that a majority of the time, so most days of the week/month, the input delay gradually feels better and better and the mouse feels lighter and lighter after midnight or so, until around 3 or 4 pm or so, but this is not a "golden rule" and some days it will feel good the whole day, some days it will feel bad the whole day, without ANYTHING changed on the pc or other things/electronics in my home, it even seems like the temperature and humidity outside affects the problem drastically..

Anyway!

TL;DR if you suspect you have not electricity problems but problems with udp packets out of order or something similar, experiment with fortnite, test hitreg/mouse feeling/etc different times of day etc etc, this game has a method of ordering udp packets serverside so even if you have udp packet order problems, in this game you should have great hitreg and mouse feeling (IF your only problem is udp packet order, and not other things like high ping/packetloss/EMI/electricity issues/gpu/cpu problems etc)

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 11 Feb 2021, 10:04

alexander1986 wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 03:45
by the way, to anyone here who thinks their problem is caused by out of order UDP packets, try to experiment in fortnite and see how it feels there for you and so on, reason? Epic games completely solved this issue over a year ago on their end, they came up with a way to order the packets correctly in realtime, basically as far as I understand it anyway.

this completely fixed hitreg issues for users with shitty ISPs that are not handling udp packets correctly, would be cool if more game companies could implement this method or whatever.

Anyway, in my case, this fix did not solve the random input lag problems I have, my issues are 100% to do with electricity, if its EMI,RFI, or THD I do not know, but sometime this year I will move to another place anyway because of work and I have already tested my equipment at friends and other locations,

works flawless there but in my home I have the same random input lag problems as others here, (changed every single hardware component and cable, tried ~100 euro power filter furman m10xe, tried without internet connection, etc, etc) and my problem still remains, basically , when its bad for me, my mouse feels super heavy and delayed even on desktop/bios and obviously in games too when its like that, and when it feels good the mouse is light and responsive, nothing software/operating system/driver wise makes any difference, happens offline and online,

the only pattern I see is that a majority of the time, so most days of the week/month, the input delay gradually feels better and better and the mouse feels lighter and lighter after midnight or so, until around 3 or 4 pm or so, but this is not a "golden rule" and some days it will feel good the whole day, some days it will feel bad the whole day, without ANYTHING changed on the pc or other things/electronics in my home, it even seems like the temperature and humidity outside affects the problem drastically..

Anyway!

TL;DR if you suspect you have not electricity problems but problems with udp packets out of order or something similar, experiment with fortnite, test hitreg/mouse feeling/etc different times of day etc etc, this game has a method of ordering udp packets serverside so even if you have udp packet order problems, in this game you should have great hitreg and mouse feeling (IF your only problem is udp packet order, and not other things like high ping/packetloss/EMI/electricity issues/gpu/cpu problems etc)
why you posting this in thread, which has nothing to do with fortnite?

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 11 Feb 2021, 10:52

n1zoo wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 10:04

have you missed the posts in this thread discussing UDP packets out of order ? you just need to go back one page lol

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 11 Feb 2021, 12:00

alexander1986 wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 10:52
n1zoo wrote:

have you missed the posts in this thread discussing UDP packets out of order ? you just need to go back one page lol
i saw. so your solution for specifically cs players is?

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 11 Feb 2021, 12:14

n1zoo wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 12:00
alexander1986 wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 10:52
n1zoo wrote:

i saw. so your solution for specifically cs players is?
you test hitreg and input lag in fortnite to exclude/confirm the possibility of udp order packet problems, since in this game the issue is completely fixed on the serverside

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 11 Feb 2021, 16:09

alexander1986 wrote:

Anyway!

Thank you. Finally someone who gets it. You have the exact same issue as me from your description, although I know symptoms for some people with this vary, yours sound exactly like mine. Getting better at night etc. And that is very useful about the UDP tester in Fortnite, for the folks that are convinced its related to network. Yes it is electrical for sure, however some things just do not make logical sense. For instance if I make a new account it works fairly well for awhile. This is inexplicable. Hopefully one day someone will figure it out.

4SR

Post by 4SR » 11 Feb 2021, 20:05

blackmagic wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 19:32
"if I make a new account"

there is rly something about this...no jk.

with my first acc in valorant i managed to play for some longer "normal" than usually and even hit some nice rank diamond...
but after i dropped hard to bronze and just noticed how everything get's worse and worse with every other login...literally a mess but hard to explain this mess.

but now even create new acc don't gives this good effect like on my very first install...
sometimes i have this 2-3 lucky matches where i notice that something is very different and i start to hit heads finally and do dmg but everything get's even worse after this 2-3 almost normal matches...

its rly crazy feeling and hard to describe this all bullshit..that the most depressing on this all.
valorant is another online game that become unplayable for me...same pattern happens with all other online games too before...

the last game that i could enjoy for longer like almost 1 years was black squad and then this weird issue just appear like out of nowhere and then i start to search solutions and people like me...
but before that i completely changed already pc, routers, and providers... and nothing helps...
all same bad like before since this issue appear the first time...and here starts the mindfuck and depressions... :lol:
Im not familiar with how matchmaking works nowdays in any of the games, but it sounds like it puts you on a different servers (routing wise). E.g servers can be even in the same city, but in different datacenters. And you have terrible routing to one of them.

If u dont know IPs of servers you need to use "wireshark". While playing notice destination address of most packets.

Use "traceroute" to figure out which way the packets are routed to the server. Repeat next match and so on...
alexander1986 wrote:
This is almost 100% of time congestion on one of the switches en route to the server.

Thats pretty much whole buisness model of gaming VPNs, they OVERPAY (compared to what ISPs would do) for the shortest and least congested routes between popular datacenters. There is still an issue of routing from your PC through ISP to the point of entry to the gaming VPN tunnel.

4SR

Post by 4SR » 11 Feb 2021, 20:52

blackmagic wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 19:32
"if I make a new account"

there is rly something about this...no jk.

with my first acc in valorant i managed to play for some longer "normal" than usually and even hit some nice rank diamond...
but after i dropped hard to bronze and just noticed how everything get's worse and worse with every other login...literally a mess but hard to explain this mess.

but now even create new acc don't gives this good effect like on my very first install...
sometimes i have this 2-3 lucky matches where i notice that something is very different and i start to hit heads finally and do dmg but everything get's even worse after this 2-3 almost normal matches...

its rly crazy feeling and hard to describe this all bullshit..that the most depressing on this all.
valorant is another online game that become unplayable for me...same pattern happens with all other online games too before...

the last game that i could enjoy for longer like almost 1 years was black squad and then this weird issue just appear like out of nowhere and then i start to search solutions and people like me...
but before that i completely changed already pc, routers, and providers... and nothing helps...
all same bad like before since this issue appear the first time...and here starts the mindfuck and depressions... :lol:
Im not familiar with how matchmaking works nowdays in any of the games, but it sounds like it puts you on a different servers (routing wise). E.g servers can be even in the same city, but in different datacenters. And you have terrible routing to one of them.

If u dont know IPs of servers you need to use "wireshark". While playing notice destination address of most packets.

Use "traceroute" to figure out which way the packets are routed to the server. Repeat next match and so on...
alexander1986 wrote:
This is almost 100% of time congestion on one of the switches en route to the server.

Thats pretty much whole buisness model of gaming VPNs, they OVERPAY (compared to what ISPs would do) for the shortest and least congested routes between popular datacenters. There is still an issue of routing from your PC through ISP to the point of entry to the gaming VPNs tunnel.

And by gaming VPN i mean something like www.wtfast.com which specializes on games. Not the stuff that comes up when u google "gaming VPN". If VPN puts emphasis on bandwidth in its advertising it is likely not the best one for games.
Last edited by 4SR on 11 Feb 2021, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

4SR

Post by 4SR » 11 Feb 2021, 20:54

woops
Last edited by 4SR on 11 Feb 2021, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.

4SR

Post by 4SR » 11 Feb 2021, 20:55

woops n2
Last edited by 4SR on 11 Feb 2021, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.