You guys are my last hope for fixing my problem

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
nuggify

Re: You guys are my last hope for fixing my problem

Post by nuggify » 01 Feb 2021, 16:06

f1ndus wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 04:00
yeah, i think there are 2 different sources of problem. i have same symptoms like you in game, my game feels slowly, choppy, delayed with high FPS, when my game need render more objects fps are stable but its very unsmooth.. i think half people with this problem have problem with electricity like bad power, unstable and dirty voltage from outlet and half people have bad power and dirty power +EMI.
I didnt had any problems with sound in PC speakers or heaphones or monitor waves.
Huh? You said the same thing twice. The poster who you replied to is speaking only about network. He is completely and utterly wrong that the OP has his problem though.

dervu

Post by dervu » 04 Feb 2021, 07:47

If you want to just prove it to yourself just get your PC to other locations and try if ISP/house makes difference.
If you want to prove it to other people, buy 1000fps camera + arm based on 3d printer to move mouse and use battery source to power both these things + do tests in good and bad location in case of power issue:
- script arm move mouse in same way every time
- open game
- record
Move to another location and repeat, compare.

Do tests online for checking differents ISPs by:
-rent a server for game
-make some other player do peeking for you, best if he had script for doing same thing same way every time
-record all this with 1000fps camera always staying in same position to monitor.

Try to catch differences. Easy, if you have money or know someone who have these things. The thing is many people who have enough experience in playing don't need that. Only thing that proving it by tests like that could help is making these problems (whatever they are for anyone here, ISP/power or whatever) known to more people and someone getting to the bottom of these things.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 13 Feb 2021, 13:54

blackmagic wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 03:46
i find a guy who talks about TCP Synchronization and how it affects UDP.

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/f ... 1078323/1/
https://web.archive.org/web/20160103125 ... 3/F3_1.HTM

problem. i don't understand a word in that all.

who can tell more about this and explain it for dumbs like me ?

another thing i find in web is a guy who has some weird issue with tcp sync and drop packets but if he reboot his pc then the issue seems to be fixed for a moment...
i can't find the link but gonna search.

look guys...
even if we have issue with our power/emi/ground or whatever then the issue must appear somewhere at our connection too in some form and must be visible in numbers...something degrades or get's slower at some point and all these bottenecks starts...

result = hitreg issues, desync feeling, heavy models and more weird changes in the consistency...

or i'm wrong ?

why we can't find this all numbers and this stats of change in our system or connection ?
no one can tell me that this numbers don't exist or it's not possible to watch these..

sorry but that all is just not logical for me.
I think you'r right man, none found any solutions yet guys? we must fix this..

leka164

Post by leka164 » 05 Jun 2021, 19:41

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 13:38
erobuR wrote:also i need to clarify again that, if i give my pc 208v instead of 220v (which should be normally) the feeling is much more better.
EDIT: Important Note: This reply only addresses 208 vs 220v weirdness
See subsequent posts (Glide, me) for cause of skewing.
There may be other placebos or other problems involved.

Very interesting!

Theory: Overvoltage + thermal throttling
Not for your monitor, but the rest of your system.
Although usually power-triggered problems is VERY rare, it's not unheard.
It's possible the 220V instead of 208V is creating a slightly higher voltage at the rails
--> 5.1V instead of 4.9V for the 5V rail
--> 3.4V instead of 3.2V for the 3.3V rail

Creating overheating + thermal throttling = lag.

That creates more heating & more thermal throttling, ruining feel, adding input lag in a weird "Rube Goldberg" this-then-that-happens effect. It very very rarely happens, but I've seen weirder things happen. It's like "one million in one" sometimes, the conditions need to be just about uncanny circumstances for this to happen.

Theory: Unusual noise in power
Also try relocating your computer to a different building. Does it disappear? If so, you might have an unusually intense RFI interference problem in your power. Intense RFI interference injects noise into your computer, which can be tripping lots of things up simultaneously - like bus errors, memory ECC, SATA retransmissions, and laggy error correction. Usually these are microsecond lags but noise-corruption on a hard disk bus can delay a hard disk by several milliseconds. Very dirty electric power can sometimes cascade unexpectedly to that sort of stuff. Very rare, but I've seen it happen (flawed power into multi-millisecond lag) -- usually a computer crashes with lots of power noise, but occasionally a computer will start to lag before it crashes thanks to error-correction delays.

Also, make sure your video cables are at least 1 foot away from power cables where possible, and never parallel to power cables. Use very well-shielded monitor cables. Interference from power can leak into cables via multiple means.

Theory: Ground loop problem
Also, get your electricity outlet tested by an electrician. Tell them you might have a "ground loop" problem. That causes problems for some 'sensitive' monitors or computers, since it can inject literally over 1,000x more "electrical noise" into your computer, overwhelming its noise-rejection, inserting corruption everywhere that causes a computer to crash or cause weird things (like video cable problems or a hard disk slowdown from error correction, or DSL modem retransmission retries, or a thermal throttling, etc).

Possible Solutions
Catch-all prescriptions:
(1) A really, really very good mains power filter, in case you're getting an inordinately unusual amount of RFI. Your power might be, like, 100 times "dirtier" than mine (because of a factory nearby or 1920s electric motors in an old house) -- tripping your monitor's electronics badly. A fix will be one of those expensive "$200" power bars with 4-star or 5-star Amazon reviews. That might actually fix things for you.
(2) New power supply (or maybe warranty claim). Something _really_ good true "90-260VAC" true universal with really good electronics for great DC at any mains voltage that also _really_ rejects noise. A lot of 80PLUS PLATINUM units will usually be the "pretty good stuff" your PC likes. But no guarantee.

Either (1) or (2) or both may be needed.

Does your BIOS have a voltage readout screen? Take a smartphone photograph of that screen at 208V and 220V. Compare the two. If you're getting overvoltage while connected to 220V, then that's your possible problem -- if it's out-of-spec then you may try a warranty claim -- the photograph is your proof to submit to the power supply manufacturer.

I'm spraying possible solutions, but basically I've narrowed this down to three targets:
--> Use a expensive power supply filter/isolator -- one of those "super duper expensive cinderblock-sized power bars" type things
--> Use a really good computer power supply (if the computer is also having some problems too)
--> Get your electricity tested and fixed

There is an element of partial false positives/false reports (e.g. NOT all of them are actually problems caused by power) but your situation definitely shows at least 1 weird actual problem that may actually be caused by power issues, so it's worth investigation.

And what is good PSU then for this? HX1000?

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 12 Jun 2021, 22:43

leka164 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 19:41
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 13:38
erobuR wrote:also i need to clarify again that, if i give my pc 208v instead of 220v (which should be normally) the feeling is much more better.

Very interesting!

Theory: Overvoltage + thermal throttling
Not for your monitor, but the rest of your system.
Although usually power-triggered problems is VERY rare, it's not unheard.
It's possible the 220V instead of 208V is creating a slightly higher voltage at the rails
--> 5.1V instead of 4.9V for the 5V rail
--> 3.4V instead of 3.2V for the 3.3V rail

Creating overheating + thermal throttling = lag.

That creates more heating & more thermal throttling, ruining feel, adding input lag in a weird "Rube Goldberg" this-then-that-happens effect. It very very rarely happens, but I've seen weirder things happen. It's like "one million in one" sometimes, the conditions need to be just about uncanny circumstances for this to happen.

Theory: Unusual noise in power
Also try relocating your computer to a different building. Does it disappear? If so, you might have an unusually intense RFI interference problem in your power. Intense RFI interference injects noise into your computer, which can be tripping lots of things up simultaneously - like bus errors, memory ECC, SATA retransmissions, and laggy error correction. Usually these are microsecond lags but noise-corruption on a hard disk bus can delay a hard disk by several milliseconds. Very dirty electric power can sometimes cascade unexpectedly to that sort of stuff. Very rare, but I've seen it happen (flawed power into multi-millisecond lag) -- usually a computer crashes with lots of power noise, but occasionally a computer will start to lag before it crashes thanks to error-correction delays.

Also, make sure your video cables are at least 1 foot away from power cables where possible, and never parallel to power cables. Use very well-shielded monitor cables. Interference from power can leak into cables via multiple means.

Theory: Ground loop problem
Also, get your electricity outlet tested by an electrician. Tell them you might have a "ground loop" problem. That causes problems for some 'sensitive' monitors or computers, since it can inject literally over 1,000x more "electrical noise" into your computer, overwhelming its noise-rejection, inserting corruption everywhere that causes a computer to crash or cause weird things (like video cable problems or a hard disk slowdown from error correction, or DSL modem retransmission retries, or a thermal throttling, etc).

Possible Solutions
Catch-all prescriptions:
(1) A really, really very good mains power filter, in case you're getting an inordinately unusual amount of RFI. Your power might be, like, 100 times "dirtier" than mine (because of a factory nearby or 1920s electric motors in an old house) -- tripping your monitor's electronics badly. A fix will be one of those expensive "$200" power bars with 4-star or 5-star Amazon reviews. That might actually fix things for you.
(2) New power supply (or maybe warranty claim). Something _really_ good true "90-260VAC" true universal with really good electronics for great DC at any mains voltage that also _really_ rejects noise. A lot of 80PLUS PLATINUM units will usually be the "pretty good stuff" your PC likes. But no guarantee.

Either (1) or (2) or both may be needed.

Does your BIOS have a voltage readout screen? Take a smartphone photograph of that screen at 208V and 220V. Compare the two. If you're getting overvoltage while connected to 220V, then that's your possible problem -- if it's out-of-spec then you may try a warranty claim -- the photograph is your proof to submit to the power supply manufacturer.

I'm spraying possible solutions, but basically I've narrowed this down to three targets:
--> Use a expensive power supply filter/isolator -- one of those "super duper expensive cinderblock-sized power bars" type things
--> Use a really good computer power supply (if the computer is also having some problems too)
--> Get your electricity tested and fixed

There is an element of partial false positives/false reports (e.g. NOT all of them are actually problems caused by power) but your situation definitely shows at least 1 weird actual problem that may actually be caused by power issues, so it's worth investigation.

And what is good PSU then for this? HX1000?
One guy buy that psu and fix nothing.....

Mentucius

Post by Mentucius » 13 Aug 2021, 11:38

Guys im a pro gamer of csgo and since 2018 i experimented input lag in ALL my games online (including league of leguend, word of warcraft..etc) the games dont go smooth, is totally unplayable and boring to play it (i sometimes still play it because im fukking addicted but im boring of this shit). I dont know if its windows 10, since bug update in 2018 they fucked up, electtricity, or just god that dont wanna me to play videogames, but this issue is getting me crazy, i never expected had a problem like that and with no solution. I have tried ALL (change house in same location, change city, even change country only to look for a good internet, stable and playable games XDD). i always experimented the same, after a change i do (like change isp modem..etc it run good but after some hours input lag comes again, and undefinitely). 4 years searching for a solution of this and nothing, if someone have this problem and has the solution ( i dont think so) or wanna talk about the problem, contac with me in andresgonzalezabalos@(cant post the gmail dunno why), or check me in facebook as Andrés González Ábalos...this is fukking frustrating and i dont know why i has this problem and others maybe not ( i have changed like 4 times pc aswell, all of them re NASA pcs). Contact with me as esperrequiem in twich, or my number +34 697679972 ( wassap, +34 because its spanish).

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 13 Aug 2021, 17:24

Mentucius wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 11:38
Guys im a pro gamer of csgo and since 2018 i experimented input lag in ALL my games online (including league of leguend, word of warcraft..etc) the games dont go smooth, is totally unplayable and boring to play it (i sometimes still play it because im fukking addicted but im boring of this shit). I dont know if its windows 10, since bug update in 2018 they fucked up, electtricity, or just god that dont wanna me to play videogames, but this issue is getting me crazy, i never expected had a problem like that and with no solution. I have tried ALL (change house in same location, change city, even change country only to look for a good internet, stable and playable games XDD). i always experimented the same, after a change i do (like change isp modem..etc it run good but after some hours input lag comes again, and undefinitely). 4 years searching for a solution of this and nothing, if someone have this problem and has the solution ( i dont think so) or wanna talk about the problem, contac with me in andresgonzalezabalos@(cant post the gmail dunno why), or check me in facebook as Andrés González Ábalos...this is fukking frustrating and i dont know why i has this problem and others maybe not ( i have changed like 4 times pc aswell, all of them re NASA pcs). Contact with me as esperrequiem in twich, or my number +34 697679972 ( wassap, +34 because its spanish).
nadie sabe la solución lamentablemente :?

winkli

Post by winkli » 24 Jun 2023, 08:28

Mentucius wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 11:38
Sounds like you should rebuild the PC and ditch the drives