You guys are my last hope for fixing my problem

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
akylen

Re: You guys are my last hope for fixing my problem

Post by akylen » 02 Jan 2021, 12:01

Hi guys , im doing a bump , to see if anyone as found something yet , because its been months since last reply.

Thank you

akylen

Post by akylen » 02 Jan 2021, 12:28

Hi, has anyone find any updates on it yet ? it has been multiples months without reply , i came to the same conclusion , at least for me

either Connection or Electricity , but i dont know sh*t about electricity or either connection lol , so rip for me , the worst/sad part , is

that i'm sure there's a lot of people with the same problem , and they can't do anything to fix it

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 02 Jan 2021, 14:19

sadly there is no much you can do to fix it, since no one ever was able to fix it when its internet related. the only option which you have is to move to a new appartment and hope that the issue (what ever it causing it) is not active there.

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 02 Jan 2021, 18:05

akylen wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 12:28
Hi, has anyone find any updates on it yet ? it has been multiples months without reply , i came to the same conclusion , at least for me

either Connection or Electricity , but i dont know sh*t about electricity or either connection lol , so rip for me , the worst/sad part , is

that i'm sure there's a lot of people with the same problem , and they can't do anything to fix it
There are several other threads on here about the same problem. Only one person ever fixed it regarding electrical issues with chemical grounding. I do not think anyone else ever attempted proper chemical grounding so not sure how many would benefit in the same way. I will be trying it myself soon, however it is fairly involved and hard to find an electrician that will do it for you. The materials are slightly costly, the entire job usually around $600 with materials, maybe a bit more.

akylen

Post by akylen » 03 Jan 2021, 11:59

I have a suggestion , but its maybe dumb , and i think it is , have you tried with a laptop ? , non plugged, would it still do the same thing ?

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 03 Jan 2021, 13:02

akylen wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 11:59
I have a suggestion , but its maybe dumb , and i think it is , have you tried with a laptop ? , non plugged, would it still do the same thing ?
yes

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Jan 2021, 19:48

Unreazz wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 14:19
since no one ever was able to fix it when its internet related.
Not 0%.... You just need money to churn your Internet options to increase your odds of jackpot:

Internet Connection Roulette Options
  • Upgrade to gaming router, adjust QoS settings, use direct Ethernet PCIe card (not USB Ethernet)
  • Try multiple high quality VPNs, including VPNs advertising towards gamers. Choose more distant severs where everyone else is playing with more consistent latency (other players having less ping jitter). It can help to VPN to a different city where most people seem to have good consistent Internet connections the servers you see (all users on server having less range of latencies + latency jitter).
  • Try LTE if stuck on super slow DSL or congested cable (yes, LTE sometimes better for online gaming than DSL in some countries)
  • Try DSL vs cable vs FTTH
  • Go business plan ($$$).
    (Occasionally, but not always, slower business connection with good consistent latency/good backbone, can be superior to residential 1GBps FTTH with overloaded network nodes)
  • Use 2 Internet connections in same home
    (separate Internet connection ONLY for your gaming -- separately of the rest of the home, Netflix, downloads)
  • Remove Internet latency (especially if you're high lag relative to other people on servers)
  • Add internet latency (but of carefully-calculated consistent latency)
    (Either via a "traffic shaping app" with the ability to add intentional fixed latency to packets (tape delay style), or via choosing a further server on a gaming VPN. Sometimes CS:GO behaves better when you have 30ms latency than 5ms latency, since there is LPB-handicapping behaviours)
YES, you heard me right: add network latency (carefully calculated). Occasionally, certain games stops doing their "Low-Ping-Bastard" (LPB) handicapping logic when you add extra intentional Internet latency. For example, you have an FTTH connection to a nearby server full of slow DSL/dialup users -- then things go kinda wonky. You do want your equipment lag to be as low as possible (fast computer, fast display, etc) but sometimes having LAN-latency to a server full of high-lag users, sometimes creates a disadvantage for people who are ultralow latency in a server's misguided attempt to lag-balance their online players. It does not always succeed but it helped a few % of users who tried.

Regardless, you do want very low ping jitter though (avoid bufferbloat situations), no matter what you do.

Before you begin gambling on the Internet Connection roulette, you may need at least $500-$1000 cash to blow through, since it's quite expensive to spin the roulette wheel this way. But some of us have succeeded. It's still cheaper than a move for some of us.

It's a gamble. Your odds are far less than 100%. But way above 0%. Successful jackpots have occured.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

victor910

Post by victor910 » 03 Jan 2021, 21:10

are you talking about multiplayer games? yes?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Jan 2021, 22:27

victor910 wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 21:10
are you talking about multiplayer games? yes?
Yes, for competitive online multiplayer games on the open Internet.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

victor910

Post by victor910 » 04 Jan 2021, 04:08

ok then, do you know how many different threads on cheats developers forums something like this:

desync chams flicking when having over 150 fps
Efficiently resolving desync side
Why are people using layer 6 playback rate?
How to apply resolver angle?
Legit AA problems
Setting up layers for different feet yaws

All these threads result in founds with the word "desync"
this results just from the first list only.

I believe I provide a clear answer to why you have this "input lag" problem.