You guys are my last hope for fixing my problem

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
nuggify

Re: You guys are my last hope for fixing my problem

Post by nuggify » 25 Jan 2020, 17:07

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 03:07
Since everything is so error-corrected (ECC) to the wazoo nowadays, instead of a crash, what happens is EMI is signal-jamming to create sudden/weird/unexplained latency spiking (on USB, or on Ethernet, or even on one of your PCI-X cards like video cards, or on your SATA cable, or more than one of the above, etc), and most diagnostics is completely unable to tell you why these latency spiking is happening.

EMI is one of the hardest stuff to troubleshoot/prove in the fog of raining red herrings, but it is way more user-solvable than Internet backbone ping jitter, etc.
This is excellent info right here. I am another one with identical issues to Erobur, I have tried to contact him on multiple sites to see if he ever found anything out. The ECC makes total sense as to why the PC does not report the latency itself (latency mon, mouse polling tester, etc). Literally everything you stated there is affected in our cases, the USB, Ethernet, SATA, PCI cards, Display port etc. I have messed around with ferrites and toroids and while they do make a difference for some (temporary) amount of time, they ultimately do not fix it. So that being said, I know its EMI affecting data cables in particular, likely power cables as well (I have placed toroids on the power cables and it changes mouse tracking drastically), I just do not know how to find out what is generating such powerful EMI in my electrical system. Have a few leads but it has to be something severely messed up to cause this much of an issue. Something in my home, or maybe even neighbors home, is injecting an absurd amount of noise on the power system here. I have tried a double conversion UPS and it does little to nothing. If you have any suggestions on how to better track down said EMI, I am all ears. Thanks for chiming in and I know there are many others suffering a very similar or identical issue out there.

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 25 Jan 2020, 21:44

tl:dr

did you reset your bios, or make sure something isn't incorrect?

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 27 Jan 2020, 16:22

BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 21:44
tl:dr

did you reset your bios, or make sure something isn't incorrect?
Same issues across 4 PCs, (a laptop even) and a Nintendo Switch. Input lag on all of them. I have updated BIOS on 3 of those multiple times. I can assure you this problem is not with my hardware.

ko4

Post by ko4 » 01 Feb 2020, 04:33

nerve damage

timecard

Post by timecard » 02 Feb 2020, 19:32

This is the example I created to demonstrate the issue, to note there was no computer/os/game changes between each video.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https ... uthorName=

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 02 Feb 2020, 22:59

I tested at a house on the other side of town and my PC preformed flawlessly, conversely I have tried at 3 locations (2 houses,1 apartment) on my side of town and the problem is present at all. I am fairly confident this is caused by some faulty utility power distribution on a certain leg of the grid. I cannot prove it though and so I am thinking the only solution here is to move.

timecard

Post by timecard » 22 Apr 2020, 00:31

We found our root cause, wide area EMF cause due to objectionable current on ground/earth which causes stray currents to cause increased EMF on currents alternate paths which have increased EMF as this current is not balanced by nearby current flowing in the opposite direction which creates large magnetic fields.

Start here or read the whole thread
https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mic ... st28416530

References:
https://forums.mikeholt.com/threads/obj ... de.121003/

You can confirm similar root cause with EMF meter and also ammeter on the earth, if you don't have high amps on similar earth connection then it's probably localized to bad wiring or device causing similar EMF. See this for more details
https://www.mikeholt.com/mojonewsarchiv ... 020125.htm

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 22 Apr 2020, 16:33

Yup Timecard is on the money on this one. We believe it to be EMF that is messing with the functioning of our PCs, and have now both verified we have objectionable current on our water lines (parallel return path). Our homes have elevated EMF. I would urge anyone that seems to be experiencing the issues that we have written about to have this situation diagnosed if possible, by a certified electrician. Have them clamp your water mains (ampere meter) and if there is ample current on it you seem to have the exact same cause as us. Otherwise there are likely improper wiring practices increasing the EMF in your home.

deama

Post by deama » 07 Aug 2020, 10:44

nuggify wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 22:59
I tested at a house on the other side of town and my PC preformed flawlessly, conversely I have tried at 3 locations (2 houses,1 apartment) on my side of town and the problem is present at all. I am fairly confident this is caused by some faulty utility power distribution on a certain leg of the grid. I cannot prove it though and so I am thinking the only solution here is to move.
Have you tried a double conversion UPS? Would that fix the EMI issue?

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 22 Aug 2020, 05:48

infected pc hardware and components by bad electricity. many people has this but sadly it's actually unfixable except u have a lot of money