BenQ Zowie XL2411 vs RL2455 *vs* Dell U2414H

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: BenQ Zowie XL2411 vs RL2455 vs Dell U2414H

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Nov 2017, 12:20

t2k wrote:Filming at 240hz I detect screen updates as low as *4ms* (a single 240hz frame) after the LED on my NES controller lights up.
Neat. The Blur Busters technique of modified mouse + high speed video.

Although 240fps high speed video has more error margin, it's definitely useful in your case for console 60Hz lag benchmarking!
t2k wrote:Mystery solved, case closed. My bet would be that the BenQ monitors have a single buffered frame internally for image processing, whereas the Dell must buffer much less - perhaps a line or two.
BenQ does uses line-buffered processing -- but maybe not during 720p scaling for this model! :(

(TIL).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

t2k

Re: BenQ Zowie XL2411 vs RL2455 *vs* Dell U2414H

Post by t2k » 07 Dec 2017, 14:46

Yea I was definitely scratching my head on the BenQ's, especially since they do market themselves as the leader in this sort of territory. But it's reasonable enough to imagine that when rescaling, the lag is going to suffer. Just doesn't happen to suffer on the random Dell from years back. It's too bad cause having played on the Dell more, I do sense the blurryness / slow pixel response times, and miss how crisp the BenQ was in this regard. Oh well =)