Im offering 50€ to whoever fixes my input lag in csgo

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
lexlazootin

Re: Im offering 50€ to whoever fixes my input lag in csgo

Post by lexlazootin » 30 Mar 2018, 01:49

The cursor doesn't effect in game mouse latency, it's just a poorly programed mouse cursor with a frame or two of latency. Higher fps can cause this effect to go away.

Again, this doesn't affect aiming in game and is only apparent on the cursor.

Rud

Post by Rud » 30 Mar 2018, 02:26

I will not argue, I do not really understand this topic, but the game feels a slight delay in the movement of the mouse, it's difficult to aim (DPI 1800, 1000Hz, 2.5 game sens, 6/11 win sens, win accel).

coldfootedmole

Post by coldfootedmole » 19 Apr 2018, 12:11

This program
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k ... /artifacts
nvidia profile inspector

Download extract and run it, look for "Frame Rate Limiter Mode" in your csgo profile (search in the drop down menu in the top left)
set it to either

"0.00000004 PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_2_CONTROL_DELAY_FLIP_BY_FLIPMETERING"

or if that doesnt work

"0x00000010 PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_2_CONTROL_ALLOW_ALL_MAXWELL"

and your input lag is gone.

I dont know why this works, but it does, it takes away input lag even when my fps is below 60, i have no clue how
let me know if you want my paypal ;)

br00m

Post by br00m » 03 May 2018, 09:55

To give an update, my input lag in CSGO actually isnt different to the lag in CSS, both have an average input lag of about 10ms. I tested both games with a 1000FPS camera.

My feeling is either placebo or something else.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 03 May 2018, 14:29

I had extremely similar results with my 1000fps, 9-11ms on all games goldsrc/source games at the same framerates

mello

Post by mello » 04 May 2018, 03:06

br00m wrote:To give an update, my input lag in CSGO actually isnt different to the lag in CSS, both have an average input lag of about 10ms. I tested both games with a 1000FPS camera.
lexlazootin wrote:I had extremely similar results with my 1000fps, 9-11ms on all games goldsrc/source games at the same framerates
Basically, another reason to support what i have been saying here for some time when people experience "input lag" like problems and problems with inconsistent gameplay with CSGO and other FPS games. What they actually experience is a network lag (not related to ping) due to network congestion and internet performance fluctuations.
br00m wrote: My feeling is either placebo or something else.
It maybe because of different engine or network settings on your side (all rates, interp) in both games.
Are u using RAW input in both csgo and css ? What about sensitivity/dpi and avarage FPS in both games ?
All of it might have an impact on what you are experiencing.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 04 May 2018, 03:39

mello wrote:Basically, another reason to support what i have been saying here for some time when people experience "input lag" like problems and problems with inconsistent gameplay with CSGO and other FPS games.
Just please stop. Expectation bias is a killer, people 'cure' diseases with it.

I had the same experience br00m were i thought CS:S had less latency, I cared enough to actually test it when i had a chance to use a 1000fps camera. I found out i was wrong.

The difference between you and I is that i'm willing to test and admit when I'm wrong.

mello

Post by mello » 04 May 2018, 04:12

lexlazootin wrote:
mello wrote:Basically, another reason to support what i have been saying here for some time when people experience "input lag" like problems and problems with inconsistent gameplay with CSGO and other FPS games.
Just please stop. Expectation bias is a killer, people 'cure' diseases with it.
You certainly have problems with reading. My first response was a side note, not related at all to what br00m was saying. I just thrown it in there, because of few discussions in other threads regarding "input lag" like problems that different people are having (and they were searching here for solutions). And both your tests just prove it even more what i have been saying is true.

Only my second reposnse (a quote directly to br00ms feeling) is valid for this particular thread.
If there is a different feeling in both games, it is certainly not input lag related problem, as both of your tests have shown.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 04 May 2018, 07:04

mello wrote:And both your tests just prove it even more what i have been saying is true.
What are you on about?! "If it's not 'A' it must be 'B'" is the biggest joke yet. If you think every problem ever on this forum is internet related how about you prove it.

You even tried to tell someone who was asking for the best settings to their monitor that they need to fix their internet. Your thought process is a joke.

mello

Post by mello » 04 May 2018, 09:04

lexlazootin wrote:
mello wrote:And both your tests just prove it even more what i have been saying is true.
What are you on about?! "If it's not 'A' it must be 'B'" is the biggest joke yet. If you think every problem ever on this forum is internet related how about you prove it.
Based on problems described by users and what they are experiencing, most of the time it is internet related, or at least it is a part of the problem. I never said that every single case is the same and inet is always the culprit. But most of the time it is in fact internet related or at least the possiblity of it being the case is very high. Why ? Because internet performance is single most important thing when it comes to online gaming. Internet performance fluctuations may make your online gaming feel very frustrating and non enjoyable or even make the game unplayable in some cases.

That is why i was not participating in the discussion in this thread, because clearly what br00m experienced and described was not caused by bad internet performance. In the end both of you agreed, while testing input lag with 1000FPS camera. And here is the irony... you always made fun of me when i was describing things and experiences by feeling (due to performance difference/flunctuations) because it was hard to pinpoint this "input lag"/"stutter" like problems and laggy feel that many people were experiencing (in other threads..), and now both of you thought that there was an input lag issue between csgo/css and it looks it wasn't, despite it essentially feeling like an input lag issue.
lexlazootin wrote: You even tried to tell someone who was asking for the best settings to their monitor that they need to fix their internet. Your thought process is a joke.
Never said that. I have only provided additional information that is more relevant when gaming via internet is concerned. People put too much focus on their hardware/software and its settings when they encounter or experience problems online (or they simply want to improve their online ingame performance), completely disregarding internet as a potential culprit. There are a lot of clueless people out there (including you), that may think that changing settings on your side will magically reduce input lag and significantly improve their gameplay. People that are searching for useless system/bios/game/software related tips & tricks (which will not improve anything or at least not to any noticable or significant degree) just don't know any better, and its very common. That is why i am trying to educate people in this area, because many of them had problems related to online gaming for years... and they never were able to fix them or even locate the cause of their problems. On top of that i have 20+ years of experience with gaming online, so i know what is actually important when it comes to playing online and what is a not important or even a complete waste of time (focus wise).