2018 and no answers??

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: 2018 and no answers??

Post by RealNC » 08 Apr 2018, 07:29

Not sure about pixel response, but latency is affected by signal processing, and this will not vary. It's in the electronics of the monitor.

If pixel response would vary so much between units as to actually have a noticeable impact on latency, it would also have a noticeable impact on motion characteristics. Like a smeared image.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 08 Apr 2018, 08:13

This is why people are exchanging their units
If people are returning their monitors because of checkerboard pattern and inversion artifacts then they are idiots :lol: Every panel you get that is prone then you are always going to get it. people who return their monitor because the panel is not up to their standard is simply people being really stupid. How would anyone know how much BLB a panel should have if they have only seen one?

Obviously I'm not talking about actual defective monitors, just people who believe that the monitor they received isn't up to whatever standard they perceive in their head as if THEY KNOW what that panel should look like :lol: I've seen people return monitors 5 times... imagine returning a kitchen knife 5 times because the ones you are getting arn't up to the sharpness you think they should be.

*mini rant over :lol:

Are you talking about response time or Input latency? Response times can be up to a 1ms slower or faster depending on the temperature of the panel, Any obvious differences of response time would of been visually noticeable ages ago. We also have adjustable OD settings but they are pretty much useless because one particular setting is pretty much always the best one.

If you're talking about input latency, why would a circuit be different depending on which one it is? A circuit is a circuit it does the same thing, that's the point of a circuit.

KindOldRaven

Post by KindOldRaven » 08 Apr 2018, 09:33

lexlazootin wrote:
This is why people are exchanging their units
If people are returning their monitors because of checkerboard pattern and inversion artifacts then they are idiots :lol: Every panel you get that is prone then you are always going to get it. people who return their monitor because the panel is not up to their standard is simply people being really stupid. How would anyone know how much BLB a panel should have if they have only seen one?

Obviously I'm not talking about actual defective monitors, just people who believe that the monitor they received isn't up to whatever standard they perceive in their head as if THEY KNOW what that panel should look like :lol: I've seen people return monitors 5 times... imagine returning a kitchen knife 5 times because the ones you are getting arn't up to the sharpness you think they should be.

*mini rant over :lol:

Are you talking about response time or Input latency? Response times can be up to a 1ms slower or faster depending on the temperature of the panel, Any obvious differences of response time would of been visually noticeable ages ago. We also have adjustable OD settings but they are pretty much useless because one particular setting is pretty much always the best one.

If you're talking about input latency, why would a circuit be different depending on which one it is? A circuit is a circuit it does the same thing, that's the point of a circuit.
Well, I've also returned a few panels myself. There's no excuse for having visible black light bleed and yellow discoloration on a standard windows background, and during games, on a brand new 360 euro panel with less than 20 brightness and proper calibration for instance on any refresh rate. Just as there's no excuse for having a panel have a brightness difference of factor 2 or more from left edge to right edge and crazy stuff like that.

And no they were not deemed defective, just bad luck.

Now returning a TN panel because you see BLB or clouding on a black background or notice some when gaming with high brightness settings etcetera is crazy, of course. But there are definitely limits.

I've heard many horror stories of purple trailing, crazy smearing, insane gamma shift, terrible viewing angles, input lag etc on Cfg73 monitors from Samsung. Yet the one on the desk next to me is nigh perfect. Literally, besides being VA, but that might be a minor thing to most in this case.

But I've never noticed any input lag difference between panels of the same type. I'm not that technical though and don't have the measuring equipment to verify that, unfortunately haha.