Force vsync on on amd cards

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ljubinko

Force vsync on on amd cards

Post by ljubinko » 07 Mar 2018, 09:32

I read the article low lag vsync on, but i'm confused how to force vsync on on amd cards, there is enhanced sync option that work but vsync on in radeon control panel only work with opengl games not directx, is there is any solution to force vsync on beside radeon drivers, or i need to use enhanced sync and i use standard monitor samsung 2243NW 60hz. Thanks.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Force vsync on on amd cards

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Mar 2018, 11:55

ljubinko wrote:I read the article low lag vsync on, but i'm confused how to force vsync on on amd cards, there is enhanced sync option that work but vsync on in radeon control panel only work with opengl games not directx, is there is any solution to force vsync on beside radeon drivers, or i need to use enhanced sync and i use standard monitor samsung 2243NW 60hz. Thanks.
Historically:
In Catalyst Control Center, in "Games" / "3D Application Settings" scroll down to where you can see "Wait for vertical refresh" and turn that on.

Does this work for you?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ljubinko

Re: Force vsync on on amd cards

Post by ljubinko » 07 Mar 2018, 12:02

Chief, i'm on new radeon adrenaline driver, if you know what version of catalyst driver work with vsync on i will appreciate that.
Edit: No it's not working with old catalyst drivers, only with d3doverrider fps it's 60.