ghosting / sluggish mouse / shadow behind mouse

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
barrr

ghosting / sluggish mouse / shadow behind mouse

Post by barrr » 17 Mar 2018, 09:00

hello, firstly my specs : :D
i5 8600k, zotac 1060 6gb amp!, ssd 128gb, 2x4gb 3200mhz, benq xl2411p 144hz
problems:
1.shadow behind my mouse pointer (called ghosting i think) on desktop and in games which causes sluggish mouse movement i think like with some kind of input lag, its just delayed.
2.my game feels slow overally
next thing i have noticed is that when the shadow is bigger than normal then white tiny stripes appear on my screen and they are pulsing from up to down.
things i have tried and didnt help : changing pci-e port, changing windows to 7,8,10, formatting my pc, obviously accel off, tried truning v sync on and off, changing ram ports, actlually 1 thing that helps a bit is changing maximum pre rendered frames to 4 and virtual reality frames to 4 as well but it doesnt solve the problem. when i try your ufotest clearly i can see ghost behind that ufo. need help (sorry for my bad english)

lexlazootin

Re: ghosting / sluggish mouse / shadow behind mouse

Post by lexlazootin » 17 Mar 2018, 12:04

It's the monitor. Benq doesn't do a very good job with Overdrive on that monitor causing bad ghosting. change the AMA setting to "High" for best results.

The white stripes are just something the panels do, nothing you can do about them. I believe the temperature of the panel might be the determining factor whether or not you see them.