Please save me !

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
barrr

Please save me !

Post by barrr » 01 Apr 2018, 11:33

Don’t even know how to call it, mouse and movement in games feels delayed, this shadow appears on desktop, games everywhere. It affect my aim in games. V sync off /on still same issue.
phpBB [video]
. Just look at the video
Specs;
144 hz benq
1060 6gb
I5 8600k
2x4 3200mhz
Please guys I have this problem for like 2 monthshelp me...

barrr

Re: Please save me !

Post by barrr » 01 Apr 2018, 11:36

Video not uploaded.
Here is the link
https://streamable.com/m55jr

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 01 Apr 2018, 12:38

I don't know about the lag, but the "shadow" looks like overdrive reverse ghosting. Lower your overdrive setting in your monitor's OSD. Just turn it down one step at a time, until the shadow disappears.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Apr 2018, 12:51

Changing overdrive settings (BenQ AMA) changes this effect. Try AMA High instead of AMA Premium and see if you like it.

(A) Adjust AMA setting while watching a motion test such as a selected bad photo as www.testufo.com/photo

If that is still a problem, there are TWO solutions:

(B) Reduce the dynamic range slightly by reducing your "Contrast" setting to well below 50. Brighten your blacks slightly & dim your whites. Do this test while looking at motion tests such as www.testufo.com/photo (chose one of the photos that amplifies ghosting problems). Reducing contrast greatly helps overdrive problems.

(C) Calibrate your blur reduction using Blur Busters Strobe Utility at www.blurbusters.com/strobe-utility
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

barrr

Post by barrr » 01 Apr 2018, 13:11

Thank you for response chief but it’s already on AMA HIGH. If I lower ama the shadow is slight smaller but it still occurs.

barrr

Post by barrr » 01 Apr 2018, 13:13

By the way why this all happen to me? What is the fault here ? Graphic card processor ram? Because I have changed my monitor from lg 144hz to benq and it’s still the same.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Apr 2018, 13:36

barrr wrote:By the way why this all happen to me? What is the fault here ? Graphic card processor ram? Because I have changed my monitor from lg 144hz to benq and it’s still the same.
Monitor!

Monitor overdrive is the fault. Many high-Hz LCD panels have it to a certain degree, so not surprising that it affected 2 monitors.

Try lowering "Contrast" in your monitor OSD or via Control Panel.
It can have a dramatic effect if you brighten your blacks and dim your whites.

Alternatively, if you use Blur Reduction, try tweaking it using Blur Busters Strobe Utility (new 2.0.9 with built-in TestUFO!)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

barrr

Post by barrr » 01 Apr 2018, 15:11

Does it mean my monitor faulty?

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 01 Apr 2018, 20:47

Looking at the video it might not be the monitor. The shadow is actually leading the normal cursor, not trailing it like I expect from overdrive overshoot. It looks like the black cursor is getting rendered fastest, then the white cursor is getting rendered on top of it.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Apr 2018, 22:13

Sparky wrote:Looking at the video it might not be the monitor. The shadow is actually leading the normal cursor, not trailing it like I expect from overdrive overshoot. It looks like the black cursor is getting rendered fastest, then the white cursor is getting rendered on top of it.
Overdrive can also generate leading-edge artifacts.