Please Help!! CS:GO/ Nvidia (Willing to Donate)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
3xpert

Please Help!! CS:GO/ Nvidia (Willing to Donate)

Post by 3xpert » 19 Apr 2018, 08:32

Can someone Please help me and give me the best settings for Nvidia Control Panel, Nvidia Inspector and CS:GO and Monitor settings for the lowest input lag, I only play CS:GO and I have a Alienware AW2518HF 240hz (FreeSync) monitor with a Nvidia 1070 GPU, Thank You.

Sparky

Re: Please Help!! CS:GO/ Nvidia (Willing to Donate)

Post by Sparky » 19 Apr 2018, 09:10

To minimize latency:

Vsync off
240hz refresh rate
As for CS:GO settings:
fps_max 0
mat_queue_mode 1

If it doesn't make you GPU limited, use mat_queue_mode 2 instead. There's also the option of using mat_queue_mode 2 with a framerate cap in the case that it does make you GPU limited.

If you want all the details: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1381

Basically, you want as high a framerate as possible without introducing buffering. MQM2 will get you a higher framerate, but it can also cause frames to buffer between the CPU and GPU.

3xpert

Post by 3xpert » 19 Apr 2018, 10:32

I checked the link and didn't find anything that answers my questions, like settings for Nvidia Control Panel, Nvidia Inspector and CS:GO and Monitor settings for the lowest input lag But thanks for trying, Anyone else??

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 19 Apr 2018, 10:54

You don't need anything special. The only thing that comes to mind is disabling scaling and running the game at the monitor's native res in order to avoid any possible scaling lag. This includes running native 4:3 res if you're one of those people who play CS at 4:3. For a 1080p monitor, the native 4:3 res is 1440x1080, which you need to create yourself.

Other than that, just make sure you're running the game in true fullscreen mode. There's no need to do anything in nvidia inspector or the monitor's OSD.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

br00m

Post by br00m » 19 Apr 2018, 11:15

I have bought a 1000fps camera with the intend to lower my input lag in csgo. I managed to get an input lag of 8ms in CSGO. You can private message me.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Apr 2018, 11:45

br00m wrote:I have bought a 1000fps camera with the intend to lower my input lag in csgo. I managed to get an input lag of 8ms in CSGO. You can private message me.
8ms button-to-pixels is quite impressive. What's your equipment -- you could add a signature with the equip list! Also, are you using the modified LED mouse technique with high speed video filming?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 19 Apr 2018, 18:04

I got 9ms with no adjusting of any settings :lol:

There is no 'Special Tweak' your system is already pretty optimized. As long as you know the basic rules, higher Hz/Fps is better, and use low pollingrates, and use a mouse without 25ms of debounce and you're good to go :P

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 19 Apr 2018, 18:11

3xpert wrote:I checked the link and didn't find anything that answers my questions, like settings for Nvidia Control Panel, Nvidia Inspector and CS:GO and Monitor settings for the lowest input lag But thanks for trying, Anyone else??
You don't need anything special there, there's not really anywhere to go but up. If you turned on a driver based framerate cap, turn it off and use the in-game one instead.

br00m

Post by br00m » 22 Apr 2018, 13:01

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
br00m wrote:I have bought a 1000fps camera with the intend to lower my input lag in csgo. I managed to get an input lag of 8ms in CSGO. You can private message me.
8ms button-to-pixels is quite impressive. What's your equipment -- you could add a signature with the equip list! Also, are you using the modified LED mouse technique with high speed video filming?
No, I used the "hit my mouse with a stick"-method and have gotten pretty consistant results. Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j655QH8eP2E In this video I'm getting 9ms. It varies between 8-9ms.

Im using a 4770k @ 4.2ghz and a GTX970 with 8GB of DDR3 ram with 1333mhz.

And yes, "standard" settings are enough. If you have higher input lag there must be a deeper error imo.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Apr 2018, 17:07

The display -- which gaming monitor are you currently using?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!