View Sonic XG2401 Input lag?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Speedfreak

View Sonic XG2401 Input lag?

Post by Speedfreak » 30 Jul 2018, 15:00

Hi guys, I just wanted to know if anyone tested this one? I may buy it to test it out, but Tom's hardware claims it had 27ms of absolute input lag and 7ms b/w, i'm assuming 27ms is the combined lag of response time and signal processing input lag combined?

Would anyone know if Tom's Hardware tested it with freesync on? Because I don't want to buy it if it has 27ms of total lag without freesync and/or vertical sync on.

I prefer the monitors with display scaling which is why I'm thinking of going to back to my aoc g2460pqu or this xg2401.

ahmedpc03

Re: View Sonic XG2401 Input lag?

Post by ahmedpc03 » 08 Sep 2018, 11:32

according to the displaylag.com

this monitor have an average 10ms input lag which is Excellent
https://displaylag.com/display-database/

toms hardware having different methods for testing input lag

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: View Sonic XG2401 Input lag?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Sep 2018, 16:24

Remember that TomsHardware lag testing method has a VSYNC-ON bias, as does DisplayLag.
Anything that requires a scan-completion (e.g. top-bottom) is a VSYNC ON biased lag testing technique and mainly useful for console input lag.

For eSports, you need a VSYNC-OFF-biased lag testing method (non-Leo-Bodnar), such as SMTT or other technique. TFTCentral uses a VSYNC-OFF-biased lag testing technique.

Apples vs oranges since measuring one doesn't accurately translate to the other.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!