question about input lag for montior

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
q8fawaz

question about input lag for montior

Post by q8fawaz » 16 Aug 2018, 05:21

lets suppose the input lag of monitor 4 ms, and the game i want to give example about cs go and lets suppose it has 6 ms input lag for the game response, here my question start cs go has 6 ms and monitor 4 ms its higher then the monitor right ? does the 4 ms matter now ? it mean it will equal together to become 10 ms input lag of game ? or doesnt matter cs go has a higher input lag then monitor so all the input lag is 6 only it will not equal together the will merge. ? sorry for bad english.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: question about input lag for montior

Post by RealNC » 16 Aug 2018, 05:38

All these latencies are cumulative. If the game has 6ms lag and the monitor 4, you'd get 10 total.

For CS:GO, the lowest measured total latency at 144Hz is 15ms using an Acer XB252Q monitor. The test:

https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync ... ettings/9/
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.