Benq XL2430 vs Acer Predator XB241H

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Rezler

Benq XL2430 vs Acer Predator XB241H

Post by Rezler » 20 Aug 2018, 10:22

Hi guys,
I'm gonna get a new screen and i don't know which one take between these two.
Both are 1080p tn 144hz 24"
The Acer has much things 180hz overclock, g sync, ulmb and there is a trick to get 155hz ulmb and ulmb + g sync, idk if ulmb+g sync +155hz works
And the Benq, first its Benq that's a thing, it has benq blur reduction (144hz natively), you can custom blur reduction with cru but there is no g sync
So if someone has one can i get feedbacks i don't know if they have good colors and contrast and if ulmb or benq blur reductuon is better.
Tell me if there is other good 21" to 25" 1080p 144hz tn panel with blur reduction
Thank you

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Benq XL2430 vs Acer Predator XB241H

Post by RealNC » 20 Aug 2018, 11:29

I generally recommend having g-sync as a feature.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Rezler

Post by Rezler » 20 Aug 2018, 11:49

Yes in facts the acer seems better, and ulmb + gsync combo seems amazing but is it better than low input lag v sync ?
I would only get the benq if he has better input lag, response time, colors and contrast, there is a french website which tests input lag, contrast, response time, gamma, colors and the BenQ is really good but the acer isn't tested so if u know a website like this one tell me pls (mostly for contrast and input lag).
Thank you

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 20 Aug 2018, 13:28

Rezler wrote:Yes in facts the acer seems better, and ulmb + gsync combo seems amazing but is it better than low input lag v sync ?
G-Sync has virtually the same input lag as when playing without vsync. So yes, it's much better than the low input lag vsync trick. When you move your mouse in an FPS game for example, the response feels like you're playing with vsync disabled, but there's no tearing.

Note however that g-sync cannot be used at the same time as ULMB (or any other strobing method.) There is a hack that might enable it (not tested on this monitor so it might not work), but even on the monitors it works, it's really extremely glitchy and not very pleasant to look at.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Rezler

Post by Rezler » 20 Aug 2018, 14:16

Ok i didn't know this hack was glitchy i'll still try and see by myself how it looks on this one, i think i'll get the acer as there is a lot more features and nothing proves that the benq has a better quality. Thank you for your help and if you have any other information i'll take it.