Mouse Lag, Triple Monitor Setup

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Ambros1a

Mouse Lag, Triple Monitor Setup

Post by Ambros1a » 04 Sep 2018, 08:31

Hello,

i hope someone of you can help me.

Since a few weeks i have an input lag, or mouse lag. I dont know how it is exactly called. The mouse lags sometimes, when i open something of my 2 monitor. It wasnt often and it was ok for me. But now i have a triple monitor setup, and this happens quite more often. Now when i step forward in a youtube video on one of the monitor, and nothing else is running it has a tiny mouse lag, which shows, that the system lags or whatever.

How i can fix this ?

My computer Settings are:
i5
GTX 1070
1 Monitor 1920 x 1080 over HDMI
2 Monitor 1920 x 1080 over DVI
3 Monitor 1920 x 1200 over DVI ( this is widescreen, will it bringt something to swap him to 1080 ) ?

All of this monitors are nearly 5 or more years old.

Im a newbie on the hardware thing, and i dont know how to fix this mouse lag.

Hope someone of you can help me.

Ambro

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Lag, Triple Monitor Setup

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Sep 2018, 14:57

Are they all running at the same refresh rate and setting?

-- Configure all of them to the same refresh rate
-- Turn off windowed GSYNC

Sometimes, divergent monitor settings can slow down the framerate of another monitor, and really lag things very severely.

At times, if you are playing an eSports game, temporarily turn off all secondary monitors and game with only one monitor.

Latency problems in divergent-multimonitor setups are extremely common. One solution is to use DisplayFusion shareware software to turn on/off secondary monitors via a hotkey or via a specific application launch -- this can help.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Ambros1a

Re: Mouse Lag, Triple Monitor Setup

Post by Ambros1a » 06 Sep 2018, 12:39

2 Monitors are at 60hz,
1 Monitor is at 59hz, but i wont think its 59hz, its 60 and a display failure or ?

But i the future i want to buy a Monitor with 144hz or 165hz so this would be a bigger problem ?

i actually dont have gsync monitors so its off.

I dont play compative eSport, and i want to have all active even when i play. Cuz i have a guide there open, or reading something, or a movie etc.

So this isnt a RAM problem or something ?

i will try display fusion for some uses. Ty for your help!!