Reducing motion blur/inputlag on acer xf240h

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Gabrielvis8

Reducing motion blur/inputlag on acer xf240h

Post by Gabrielvis8 » 25 Sep 2018, 14:12

Hello, fellow members I have a question regarding motion blur and how to reduce it I read about the various motion blur redaction techniques like Light boost and free syn but sadly my PC does not support either(no amd gpu). Are their any other ways to reduce the input lag and motion blur of my monitor.Their is a setting called oc mode on my monitor but I cannot find any information about it and what it does and does super sharpness affect motion blur.
Thank you.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Reducing motion blur/inputlag on acer xf240h

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Oct 2018, 21:36

Without purchasing a new monitor....

Reduce input lag: Use VSYNC OFF and raise your framerate. Get the highest framerate you can get (less GPU rendertime lag).

Reduce motion blur: You can't get better motion blur than what you can achieve at full framerate (e.g. 60fps at 60Hz).

OD means Overdrive. See http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/lcd-motion-artifacts and http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/lcd-overdrive-artifacts

Also, LightBoost is an old name. There's better blur-reducing brands such as ULMB now. See Motion Blur Reduction FAQ.

If you want a major upgrade, you'll have to buy a new monitor that has higher Hz and/or hardware-based blur reducing modes. Features such as ULMB reduces motion blur by about 90%.

(Actual photos -- not simulated -- of the motion blur differences you will get with www.testufo.com motion tests)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!