Asus ROG PG279Q UNSTOPPABLE/ALL GAMES microstuttering!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
CyclopsPewPew

Re: Asus ROG PG279Q UNSTOPPABLE/ALL GAMES microstuttering!

Post by CyclopsPewPew » 06 Nov 2018, 22:37

So, with the link that you sent, if I use 2700-3200 DPI (my normal range), I push anywhere from 800-1000 HZ when moving in figure eights. If I drop it down to 800 DPI, it looks like it locks at around 57 HZ. Not sure if any of that is normal or not.

Well, this is a new PC build that I put together in August. There's some basic gaming software installed, but regardless, this same issue has been tested with a naked Windows 10 build, zero third party software. Removed Logitech's software and just leave it to Windows 10 and the in-game sensitivity, the pixel skipping is still present.

Unless there's some type of mouse controls in the BIOS, somewhere else? Deeper Windows settings that control hard-to-access frequency/DPI options? If you have anymore "test your mouse" websites, let me know. Not really sure what I'm looking to test anymore. Lol.

GAMEBOY

Post by GAMEBOY » 05 Jan 2019, 00:33

I too have the PG279Q and had this exact issue. Glad you made a video of it.
First thing you can try is downloading precision XOC software, find the fan polling rate and hardware polling rate in the setting. Next set both of those values to 10,000 or higher. Make sure your temps still stay in a reasonable range. See if that helps?

Sounds silly, but double check cable connects to the monitor, to the computer, and the monitor cable to the power outlet box thing.

The pg279q monitor speakers seem to add enormous input lag as well, I have it disabled in the sound menu on windows.

problems

Post by problems » 08 Jul 2020, 05:51

GAMEBOY wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 00:33
I too have the PG279Q and had this exact issue. Glad you made a video of it.
First thing you can try is downloading precision XOC software, find the fan polling rate and hardware polling rate in the setting. Next set both of those values to 10,000 or higher. Make sure your temps still stay in a reasonable range. See if that helps?

Sounds silly, but double check cable connects to the monitor, to the computer, and the monitor cable to the power outlet box thing.

The pg279q monitor speakers seem to add enormous input lag as well, I have it disabled in the sound menu on windows.
Sorry for reviving an old post but a hint here at the end is that GAMEBOY reports a similar issue and then unrelatedly mentioned the monitor speakers. This suggests he/they are using a HDMI cable and not display port cable. Worth a try?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 08 Jul 2020, 07:00

problems wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 05:51
Sorry for reviving an old post but a hint here at the end is that GAMEBOY reports a similar issue and then unrelatedly mentioned the monitor speakers. This suggests he/they are using a HDMI cable and not display port cable. Worth a try?
Display port has audio support, just like HDMI. I'm using display port audio right now as we speak :-)
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.