Really struggling on choosing a 240hz

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
lmaoplshelp

Re: Really struggling on choosing a 240hz

Post by lmaoplshelp » 27 Nov 2018, 20:40

Also, https://imgur.com/a/x7RLxR6 here is an imgur album. Seems like I was wrong about 232 fixing frameskipping. Maybe this is just a 144hz monitor that they managed to somehow pass as a 240hz, knowing acer. I've tried 210hz as well and it appears its frameskipping. I can't tell if I'm not taking correct pictures or if it really is frameskipping. Using an android camera and took multiple pics where some show it doesn't skip and some show that it does :/

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Nov 2018, 11:23

I don't see frameskipping in the photos.

The three pictures I see, I still see a contiguous calendar-style sequence of squares, which means it's not frameskipping.

I don't think you have ever posted a picture of 240Hz, can you please set your camera to approximately 1/6sec exposure and post a photo? I need to make sure you're interpreting the photographs correctly. Can you post 240Hz test photographs please?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lmaoplshelp

Post by lmaoplshelp » 28 Nov 2018, 19:19

Hi again, here is another 2 pics. https://imgur.com/a/j1N8U5q I cannot change the exposure on my phone and I've already tried things with ISO/brightness to no avail :( I believe this is a picture of it frameskipping? Some pictures look fine with 8+ squares connected and some have 1 or 2 gaps between some squares. Also there is the fullscreen graphical glitch I was talking about.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Nov 2018, 15:04

This photograph is correct evidence:
lmaoplshelp wrote:Hi again, here is another 2 pics. https://imgur.com/a/j1N8U5q I cannot change the exposure on my phone and I've already tried things with ISO/brightness to no avail :( I believe this is a picture of it frameskipping? Some pictures look fine with 8+ squares connected and some have 1 or 2 gaps between some squares. Also there is the fullscreen graphical glitch I was talking about.
The first photo is correct procedure. It confirms frameskipping, that one-square gap while seeing a green READY, is indeed concerning.
The second photo is wrong procedure.

1. Keep squares very small. If using full screen frameskipping, increase number of squares to about 24x32 .... More tiny squares is better.
Camera sensors have a "scan" behavior that makes photographing big squares hard, and can cause chopped squares

2. Longer exposure can be achieved via:
2a. Use a third party camera app instead. There are many camera apps that lets you use a longer exposure.
2b. Alternatively, point your camera at a completely black screen (maximized frameskipping window with lights turned off and windows closed, monitor brightness lowered), then tap-n-hold to fix the exposure, and that forces a longer exposure.

Have you tried the Custom Resolution trick yet to fix 240Hz frameskipping? That trick successfully worked on 2/3rds of monitors to fix 240Hz frameskipping.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lmaoplshelp

Post by lmaoplshelp » 29 Nov 2018, 18:25

I cannot seem to take a long exposure photo no matter what I try. So now that its been established that it's frameskipping, I'm willing to try the porch fix thing. Considering I get some no frameskip pictures and some frameskip pictures, I don't think it's too bad. I don't really notice much when I'm in overwatch, but it could be affecting my performance nonetheless so I want to get it solved. I provided a picture of my resolution settings on the last post of last page, but I'm still concerned about changing anything with the resolution/porch lines because that would end up messing with my ingame sensitivity/dpi and stuff (I think it would..) If that is the case, do you think I should just return this and buy a refurbished aw2518hf?