Flicker?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
supbruh

Flicker?

Post by supbruh » 07 Jan 2019, 17:54

I notice flickering on my new XG2560 when I play csgo. I bought it off of ebay brand new. I tested in other games and couldn't replicate the issue. I'm on a gtx 2080 and this issue doesn't happen with my old 144hz monitor. I took a video on OBS and you can't notice the problem. When I switch over to my cell phone, however, you can. What you see on the cell phone video is exactly what I see. Viewsonic told me on the phone that apparently I have to handle this through the eBay seller if he isn't "authorized". I haven't tested this with an HDMI or anything, but I'm willing to bet a good chunk of change that this won't change what's going on. I find it especially weird that you can't see what I see in my recording. And if I have to return this, any ideas on what I could say to viewsonic to get them to send me another one instead of having to deal with this seller?

OBS Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5l1cv2n2nrda ... r.flv?dl=0

Cell Phone Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm5zkjdu7m7rw ... M.mov?dl=0

supbruh

Re: Flicker?

Post by supbruh » 07 Jan 2019, 22:53

update: It happens (or seems to) in oldschool half-life. It's not the same though. The walls shimmer as if light was being reflected by a tiny flashlight. Hard to explain.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 08 Jan 2019, 02:17

Looks like bad overdrive. My old AOC monitor did something similar (not as extreme as in your video though.) The only way to get rid of it was to completely disable overdrive.

I don't know how eBay works. Can you return it? I don't think I've seen anyone else having this issue on their XG2560.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

supbruh

Post by supbruh » 26 Jan 2019, 12:32

Does anyone know if I'd be able to purchase another xg2560 from Amazon and try replacing the ebay one in the box?