RTSS Scanline Sync HOWTO

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Milincho

Re: RTSS Scanline Sync HOWTO

Post by Milincho » 06 May 2023, 22:47

Kuscheln_Hammer92 wrote:
06 May 2023, 16:41
I wonder if that 3d effect software is the issue here. Try running it natively without all the 3d effects.
I already tested disabling all the effects, but it's the same. SuperDepth3D is just a shader, it doesn't affect at all the resolution or the refresh rate, frametimes or anything frame related at all.
Reshade itself is a widely popular and widely used software. It hooks up using a dxgi dll, like many other mods and tools do, and they have nothing to do with resolution, refresh rates, frame limiting, etc.
Kuscheln_Hammer92 wrote:
06 May 2023, 16:41
How large is the tear across the screen when it showing? Like vertically how far is it jittering?
It varies. It's usually in the top of the screen, not very big. I move it and it disappears. Then at certain places it appears again. I move it further until it disappears and keep going. Then I find another place where it shows up again... and so on and so on. Until it reaches a point where it starts to appear too in the bottom of the screen, WHILE it still shows up in the top too. 🤦🏻
Then at places where the game stutters due to asset loading or so called "traversal stutter" tearing appears at any place in the screen, it's not fixed at any particular place.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 07 May 2023, 08:12

Milincho wrote:
06 May 2023, 22:47
It varies. It's usually in the top of the screen, not very big. I move it and it disappears. Then at certain places it appears again. I move it further until it disappears and keep going. Then I find another place where it shows up again... and so on and so on. Until it reaches a point where it starts to appear too in the bottom of the screen, WHILE it still shows up in the top too. 🤦🏻
Are you sure you're using normal scanline mode and not x*2 mode? :P
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Milincho

Post by Milincho » 07 May 2023, 09:01

RealNC wrote:
07 May 2023, 08:12
Milincho wrote:
06 May 2023, 22:47
Are you sure you're using normal scanline mode and not x*2 mode? :P
Yeah, I'm sure. Pity this kind of stuff can't be captured for me to show how the tearline behaves.

There isn't 2 tearlines, or it doesn't show up in two places at the same time. What I mean is that it still appears in the top screen area, and I turn the camera around in the game and it appears at the bottom... no matter what I do, there is no moving it permanently *outside* the visible area. This happens even in areas of the game where there is no stutter using normal vsync.

Kuscheln_Hammer92

Post by Kuscheln_Hammer92 » 07 May 2023, 15:00

I think given all of this software around sync is made for lcd's, look into how projectors work in receiving frames and displaying them. It could be different. Also, look at the sync flush. Sync flush changes the space the tear travels as far as I'm aware.

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 07 Apr 2024, 12:29

This software is rubbish, it does nothing to fix tearing on XG2431 when using LVT and 120 HZ I tried every number, waste of time

I am just gonna use smooth sync on my Intel Arc Video Card

Kuscheln_Hammer92

Post by Kuscheln_Hammer92 » 10 Apr 2024, 12:28

I wouldn't call it rubbish by any means. Intel cards are brand new and their drivers still have kinks. Lots of them. Look into Special K as it's more seamless per game.

mist

Post by mist » 24 Apr 2024, 17:02

Hello.
Why monitoring statistics at Afterburner and RTSS can give random stutter spikes?
Its happening at Quake Champions. Yes, QC game engine is hybrid of idTech5+Saber3D(shitty console engine).
If i use scanlinesync+fast or classic vsync in game had strange random micro stutters every 5-10 sec.
And only if i totally disable monitoring at Afterburner and RTSS in QC i have no any issues with framerate all smooth.

Windows 10 22H2
r5 5600
rtx 3060 (537.58) DP @ DELL S2421HGF @ 144hz
no any overclock
Afterburner+RTSS 7.3.4