BENQ XL2546 Input Lag when using Instant Mode

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
sesamewerdz

BENQ XL2546 Input Lag when using Instant Mode

Post by sesamewerdz » 04 May 2019, 05:51

According to what Ive seen on the internet it reduces input lag from mouse movement to what you see on screen by 30ms?? (Read this somewhere). For some reason, my aim becomes worse when I have instant mode on.

When it comes to tracking on OW, my aim is less consistent and does not stay on target without a lot of work while usually it stays on target like a magnet. I also feel like I have to smoothen out my movements much more (Like tremble less?) I can definitely feel the lower input lag however. It feels strange though. When I make large turns its like the mouse speeds up though this is definitely not the case as I move my mouse the same distance. My theory is since it reacts faster I have subconciously associated the delay with how fast I am moving my mouse and thus the absence of this delay causes me to believe that the mouse is speedign up? I also get a sense like my aim is slippery? as in it registers the shakiness of my hands more? (The best example I can give is it feels like my aim is slipping around.

Anyway I want to know if anyone else has had these problems and if it gets better with time. Since I do feel a big improvement (even though people say it feels like placebo when I googled it) I feel like if I can get used to it, it will be a big improvement. Im on my 4th day so far and my tracking has indeed gotten better, it is nowhere near the close to aimbot level of tracking I have with my old 120Hz ULMB monitor or with Instant Mode off on this one (DyAc ON).

Sorry if the information seems to be jumbled up as I have been thinking about asking this question for quite sometime and decided to do my own research first.

Phantasmagoria

Re: BENQ XL2546 Input Lag when using Instant Mode

Post by Phantasmagoria » 04 May 2019, 08:58

What do you mean with Instant mode? I got my XL2546 yesterday and there is no such feature.
Let me ask you a head-on question. Do you experience such oval figure with bleeding at the center of the screen on dim room conditions like in this photo — you can see its borders on the left and right sides:

https://imgur.com/a/7kEvu0u

sesamewerdz

Re: BENQ XL2546 Input Lag when using Instant Mode

Post by sesamewerdz » 04 May 2019, 09:28

Phantasmagoria wrote:-snip-
Its right under game settings. Pretty sure its there.
and the photo you sent looks like the amount of backlight bleed typical TN monitors have.
On mine, there is no banding like the photo you sent. its quite uniform and difficult to see aka not really noticable