internet latency & effects on hit registration

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
oldschool007

Re: internet latency & effects on hit registration

Post by oldschool007 » 01 Aug 2021, 16:32

@Victor910

you have not understood even 10% of the things I wrote but call me stupid? are you already out of puberty?
I'm not talking about a packet prioritization for the own network at home but with a booked Qos profile at my provider because I use a leased line. Since my ISP is not allowed to look into the data packets because of data protection, they also do not know which data packets should be prioritized...

for this case a firewall, router, switch should mark packets in the header so that the ISP knows. Then my packets are treated preferentially at certain network nodes, which also makes sense. This has nothing to do with the rest of the way to the game server

@losxer
from my house copper goes 30 meters to the dslam on the street and from the dslam on the street less than 50 meters to the isp pop. The path is so short that I have damn good line values.
My provider realizes the leased line completely over copper, from 10 mbit completely over fiber.
with VDSL, the path to the dslam is the same, but the rest of the path from the dslam to the isp pop is via fiber, because otherwise speeds of 100 or 250 mbit could never be realized via copper.
Fastpath does not exist with the leased line because it runs on sdsl technology. However, the line has 0.0 errors, so that no error correction is active anyway. I will try to activate the packet prioritization but after that I have absolutely no plan :/
[Moderator Action: 72-hour temp ban to both parties for violation of "Be Nice" forum rule

Tip: If you are frustrated trying to help a newbie or confused user, please step away from the thread and let someone else take over or just ignore thread (or let thread die). Use "Report This Post" exclamation-icon button. Do not spout unfriendly frustration nor reply to such.

victor910

Post by victor910 » 01 Aug 2021, 22:06

oldschool007 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 16:32
@Victor910

you have not understood even 10% of the things I wrote but call me stupid? are you already out of puberty?
I'm not talking about a packet prioritization for the own network at home but with a booked Qos profile at my provider because I use a leased line. Since my ISP is not allowed to look into the data packets because of data protection, they also do not know which data packets should be prioritized...

for this case a firewall, router, switch should mark packets in the header so that the ISP knows. Then my packets are treated preferentially at certain network nodes, which also makes sense. This has nothing to do with the rest of the way to the game server
you have not understood even 0.000001% of the things I wrote.
are you already out of puberty?

I'm not talking about a packet prioritization for your network at home.

Do you understand this??????:
victor910 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 00:32
between you and game server 1000000 ISP, if the first one does not remove, but I don't believe in this, the second one definitely do this.
[Moderator Action: 72-hour temp ban to both parties for violation of "Be Nice" forum rule]

Tip: If you are frustrated trying to help a newbie or confused user, please step away from the thread and let someone else take over or just ignore thread (or let thread die). Use "Report This Post" exclamation-icon button. Do not spout unfriendly frustration nor reply to such.

wadge

Post by wadge » 02 Aug 2021, 10:09

are you already out of puberty?
You definitely deserve a ban :lol:

losxer

Post by losxer » 03 Aug 2021, 10:56

oldschool007 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 16:32
@Victor910

@losxer
from my house copper goes 30 meters to the dslam on the street and from the dslam on the street less than 50 meters to the isp pop. The path is so short that I have damn good line values.
My provider realizes the leased line completely over copper, from 10 mbit completely over fiber.
with VDSL, the path to the dslam is the same, but the rest of the path from the dslam to the isp pop is via fiber, because otherwise speeds of 100 or 250 mbit could never be realized via copper.
Fastpath does not exist with the leased line because it runs on sdsl technology. However, the line has 0.0 errors, so that no error correction is active anyway. I will try to activate the packet prioritization but after that I have absolutely no plan :/
[Moderator Action: 72-hour temp ban to both parties for violation of "Be Nice" forum rule

If Is only copper without fiber Is adsl so dont Need dslam ( dslam Is only for vdsl for mix Copper and fiber optics ).
If Is adsl they can put ur line on fastpath so without error correction, if Is vdsl no, because they use g.inp over fastpath and interleaved.

30mt from ur house to isp box Is direct? The copper Is new and direct ?

oldschool007

Post by oldschool007 » 04 Aug 2021, 16:53

good work admins! he writes to me "please make me another ban, this dumbass has no brain" and when i ask if he is out of puberty because he insults me for no reason i get a 72 hours ban should I rather have asked for his biological age? would that be politically correct here?
that says a lot here...

@losxer
the technology is sdsl and the dslam box is even a little less than 30 meters away from me. But my copper cable still goes to the dslam. This is connected with fiber (for VDSL) and copper. I think my signal is still passed through there and goes from there via copper to the ISP POP. This is also less than 50 meters away.
The copper line is new because the house was completed in March 2021. It all makes no sense. Let's see how it plays out with packet prioritization. Perhaps within my ISP certain network nodes are overloaded by the normal "private customers" where my marked packages have right of way.
It is clear to me that it is only within the ISP network, everything that comes after the peering on it has no human influence.

I do not want to explain it to this genius victor extra....

losxer

Post by losxer » 05 Aug 2021, 10:40

oldschool007 wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 16:53
good work admins! he writes to me "please make me another ban, this dumbass has no brain" and when i ask if he is out of puberty because he insults me for no reason i get a 72 hours ban should I rather have asked for his biological age? would that be politically correct here?
that says a lot here...

@losxer
the technology is sdsl and the dslam box is even a little less than 30 meters away from me. But my copper cable still goes to the dslam. This is connected with fiber (for VDSL) and copper. I think my signal is still passed through there and goes from there via copper to the ISP POP. This is also less than 50 meters away.
The copper line is new because the house was completed in March 2021. It all makes no sense. Let's see how it plays out with packet prioritization. Perhaps within my ISP certain network nodes are overloaded by the normal "private customers" where my marked packages have right of way.
It is clear to me that it is only within the ISP network, everything that comes after the peering on it has no human influence.

Are you sure the line Is direct and not bridged tap? Because i still think the problem Is bridged tap tecnology, that increase input Lag because with this tecnology ur line have dead point. The only Way for know if ur line Is on bridged tap Is with Fritz box modem, u can generate hlog and if u send me hlog i can Say if Is direct or not.
90% of line in the world use bridged tap tecnology, only 10% or maybie less are lucky with direct. For that even if u change ISP that shit cant fix because the line Is the same in bridged tap.

Silverkuki

Post by Silverkuki » 10 Aug 2021, 14:18

BigBoi wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 13:29

Where do you live? I wonder if this issue is more prevalent in a specific country. I live in Canada (Quebec) and what you've explained is pretty much the same situation I'm in right now. I am considering moving and living somewhere else with FTTH internet but i cannot know for sure if this will do the trick.
Sorry it took so long to get back to this; I live in Southern Ontario. I have heard of some pro players dealing with the issue in and around Ontario/Quebec, but this was years ago and I've witnessed plenty of top tier players 20 minutes down the road from me with pristine connections that play like a dream. It just seems to be tied to area, because at the end of day Bell and Rogers suck at the best of times.

losxer

Post by losxer » 10 Aug 2021, 15:52

Silverkuki wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 14:18
BigBoi wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 13:29

Where do you live? I wonder if this issue is more prevalent in a specific country. I live in Canada (Quebec) and what you've explained is pretty much the same situation I'm in right now. I am considering moving and living somewhere else with FTTH internet but i cannot know for sure if this will do the trick.
Sorry it took so long to get back to this; I live in Southern Ontario. I have heard of some pro players dealing with the issue in and around Ontario/Quebec, but this was years ago and I've witnessed plenty of top tier players 20 minutes down the road from me with pristine connections that play like a dream. It just seems to be tied to area, because at the end of day Bell and Rogers suck at the best of times.

When this problem coming to you? Random or when u change house or isp?

victor910

Post by victor910 » 10 Aug 2021, 20:21

oldschool007 wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 16:53

I agree with you little boy, not a reason to explain to a Senior Network Engineer with more than 20 years of experience how the internet working.
I posted this before, for me do not hard do it again:

Code: Select all

policy-map you_thinking_you_smarter_then_me 
class lol 
set dscp 0
I absolutely don't care what your ISP do it for you, through my network you will go without priority.
Every network engineer thinking similar. Between you and the game server 1000 different ISP, when do you understand this? I am thinking never.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Aug 2021, 18:26

“My little boy”?
“you_thinking_you_smarter_then_me”?

Too many “Be Nice” rule violations. This is not Twitter.

Topic outlived usefulness. Thread closed.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!