CS GO input lag after a few rounds

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
mybad

Re: CS GO input lag after a few rounds

Post by mybad » 30 Sep 2022, 22:32

You are saying - this is electricity,
someone commented - I am playing from the battery, the problem does not fix, but you guys are ignoring this.

someone says - this is the internet,
someone comments - I am playing LAN with my friends and this problem existed, but you guys are ignoring this.

someone saying - this is f*cking drivers, DWM or another setting Windows,
and someone comments - I am playing under Linux, and the problem still exists.

someone saying - this is the chipset, CPU, video card, BIOS or another problem with hardware,
someone commented - I have this problem from 2002, your BIOS, CPU, video card and other hardware did not exist in 2002, maybe like you :). The hardware had changed million times from this moment, and problems still exist.

Civilisation going forward because use experience from the previous generation, sorry Guys, you will not be a success, in other words, you are .... replace this point in what you wanna.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 30 Sep 2022, 23:41

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 16:09
paddyhhh wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 15:18
I know I cant fix it, thats why I wrote dont waste your time. :D
I tested pure sine wave inverter and played from car battery. No change.
I still think it has to do with internet, even if all obvious
parameters look good.
And probably you're right. Occasionally I play with the 4 mates who have the same ISP (known for providing internet via coax) and CS:GO works for them perfectly. Personally I don't know anybody with this specific ISP that have any issues. None of the magic electricity improving tricks helped in a slightest way so I assume it's the internet however I tried different ISPs but I am pretty sure that they are leasing faulty infrastructure.
Bro you keep changing your story everytime. It’s ISP one day, it’s electricity the other day lol. You know you have this lag vs bots, don’t act it’s not there.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 01 Oct 2022, 07:44

assombrosso wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 23:41
Bro you keep changing your story everytime. It’s ISP one day, it’s electricity the other day lol. You know you have this lag vs bots, don’t act it’s not there.
Show me my post from the last months suggesting it's electricity.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Oct 2022, 16:31

Thread is getting close to being moved.

The "CS:GO input lag after a few rounds" is generally not caused by electricity, because of well known CS:GO behaviors.

Any assumption that it's electricity under this specific condition is getting confused because it is either (A) purely CS:GO algorithmic behaviors like lag compensation and other things that kicks in the longer the game is played and (B) if electricity issue exists too, then additional lag is occuring because of CS:GO logic unrelated to electricity (aka multiple lag causes are occuring at same time)

Just because you have a lag issue, almost never means you only have 1 cause of lag. Often, "single scapegoat" = simplistic. They may certainly interact with each other in domino-effect ways. Also it is correct that we have too many forum members scapegoating electricity for the wrong reasons. Although the electricity problem exists, the scapegoating is exaggerated by over two orders of magnitude -- a wrong-tree-in-a-forest situation.

Also, no more mentions of the word "electricity" in this thread in this non-electricity forum. It's offtopic. There's a separate forum. Any replies to posts mentioning "electricity" needs to go to the correct forum.

Thanks for staying on correct troubleshooting path.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

paddyhhh

Post by paddyhhh » 03 Oct 2022, 07:09

hi,
so the last weeks cs go was really bad input lag wise, wasted time testing the usual useless fixes.
Always about 30 sec the game was perfect than decreased instantly.
As already mentioned, I already had times when cs go run perfect for hours/days.

Today is a day like this. What I did this morning?
When my game ran perfectly for hours some months ago, I created a system restore point. I restored to this point and game ran instantly perfect for 4hours now.
Cs feels just as the game speed is doubled, no single stutter, audio stutter etc. My sensitivity feels so much faster. Can even play uncapped smooth and build up muscle memory in some minutes dm.
I tested latencymon and mousetester. There is no difference to when my game is bad.
Today is holiday in my country, so utilization of internet/elec should be worse than on normal days.

Do you know anything that I could test what I could later compare when my game runs bad again?

petergase

Post by petergase » 03 Oct 2022, 16:05

underclock your gpu, maybe its temperatur.
check perfcap reason with gpu-z

mybad

Post by mybad » 03 Oct 2022, 16:45

if I have an idea like you, I will start to compare registry settings.

mago

Post by mago » 03 Oct 2022, 17:50

anyone tried insulating transformer ?
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

mybad

Post by mybad » 03 Oct 2022, 19:13

mago wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 17:50
special for you.
mybad wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 22:32
someone commented - I am playing from the battery, the problem does not fix, but you guys are ignoring this.

mago

Post by mago » 04 Oct 2022, 07:33

mybad wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 19:13
mago wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 17:50
special for you.
mybad wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 22:32
u mean like UPS ? and while the testing the power cable was disconnected ?
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯