Which Monitor Do You Suggest For Using Pc And Console ?

Everything about input lag. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Post Reply
wNchstR
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Jul 2019, 05:51

Which Monitor Do You Suggest For Using Pc And Console ?

Post by wNchstR » 18 Jul 2019, 07:06

I want to buy 1080p 24" monitor which I mostly use at 60 hz for console and also pc. After doing some reading I cant decide which one I should buy

Asus XG248Q
Viewsonic XG240R
Lg 24GL600F
Asus PG248Q

Which one do you suggest. Thank you.

Notty_PT
Posts: 481
Joined: 09 Aug 2017, 02:50

Re: Which Monitor Do You Suggest For Using Pc And Console ?

Post by Notty_PT » 18 Jul 2019, 10:45

XG2402, XG240R and LG 24GL600 are your best bets for both console and pc gaming with good future proof for next gen consoles.

XG248Q is laggier at 60hz/120hz than the 3 I mentioned, faster at 240hz.

wNchstR
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Jul 2019, 05:51

Re: Which Monitor Do You Suggest For Using Pc And Console ?

Post by wNchstR » 18 Jul 2019, 13:18

Notty_PT wrote:XG2402, XG240R and LG 24GL600 are your best bets for both console and pc gaming with good future proof for next gen consoles.

XG248Q is laggier at 60hz/120hz than the 3 I mentioned, faster at 240hz.

Thanks for your answer. I have 2 choices. XG240 and 24GL600F. Which one do you recommend. Because of the stand, I am close to XG240. Which one' performance is better?

Notty_PT
Posts: 481
Joined: 09 Aug 2017, 02:50

Re: Which Monitor Do You Suggest For Using Pc And Console ?

Post by Notty_PT » 18 Jul 2019, 17:00

Get the XG then! Amazing monitor, one of the best ever made

TTT
Posts: 53
Joined: 28 Jul 2018, 14:17

Re: Which Monitor Do You Suggest For Using Pc And Console ?

Post by TTT » 19 Jul 2019, 09:07

Whichever you use make sure the monitor doesn't use a different scaler when you plug in HDMI.

The gsync 240hz screens are like playing on a laggy TV on console with HDMI because of this.

wNchstR
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Jul 2019, 05:51

Re: Which Monitor Do You Suggest For Using Pc And Console ?

Post by wNchstR » 14 Aug 2019, 14:18

Do you know Asus PG248Q?

60-Hz-Overdrive „Normal“ İnput Lag: 1.2 ms

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/test-m ... -pg248q/6/

TTT
Posts: 53
Joined: 28 Jul 2018, 14:17

Re: Which Monitor Do You Suggest For Using Pc And Console ?

Post by TTT » 17 Sep 2019, 11:03

wNchstR wrote:Do you know Asus PG248Q?

60-Hz-Overdrive „Normal“ İnput Lag: 1.2 ms

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/test-m ... -pg248q/6/
Yea thats not the 240hz one, that is probably fine.

wNchstR
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Jul 2019, 05:51

Re: Which Monitor Do You Suggest For Using Pc And Console ?

Post by wNchstR » 18 Sep 2019, 16:09

TTT wrote:
wNchstR wrote:Do you know Asus PG248Q?

60-Hz-Overdrive „Normal“ İnput Lag: 1.2 ms

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/test-m ... -pg248q/6/
Yea thats not the 240hz one, that is probably fine.

When we look the rates from Prad.de can we say the fastest console monitor for PG248Q ??

TTT
Posts: 53
Joined: 28 Jul 2018, 14:17

Re: Which Monitor Do You Suggest For Using Pc And Console ?

Post by TTT » 19 Sep 2019, 07:28

wNchstR wrote:
TTT wrote:
wNchstR wrote:Do you know Asus PG248Q?

60-Hz-Overdrive „Normal“ İnput Lag: 1.2 ms

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/test-m ... -pg248q/6/
Yea thats not the 240hz one, that is probably fine.

When we look the rates from Prad.de can we say the fastest console monitor for PG248Q ??
I don't know I'm not German.

Its a massive waste of money buying that primarily for console though, there are no future proof monitors for console really seeing as nobody knows solid info on the next gen either.

They will be Freesync2 over HDMI though, there still isn't many monitors even with that.

Post Reply