Scanline Sync locks at secondary monitor refresh rate

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
senny22

Scanline Sync locks at secondary monitor refresh rate

Post by senny22 » 09 Aug 2019, 12:20

Wanted to try out RTSS and Scanline sync but can't get it to work. Whenever i activate Scanline sync by entering any value besides 0, the fps instantly locks to my secondary monitors refresh rate. I have a BenQ xl2411z that I wanted to use in games with 100hz and the VT tweak for improved strobing and combine this with Scanline Sync. I've tried to change the refresh rate of my secondary monitor and the fps in-games simply sticks to whatever value this is. '

Anyone got some idea what could be going wrong?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Scanline Sync locks at secondary monitor refresh rate

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Aug 2019, 16:59

Probably a bug -- I've heard of this.

This needs to be reported to Guru3D
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

senny22

Post by senny22 » 09 Aug 2019, 19:03

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Probably a bug -- I've heard of this.

This needs to be reported to Guru3D
Oh too bad, is it a hardware bug or would something like reinstalling windows fix it. I've also tried to only have my main monitor connected but then it wouldn't lock the fps at anything so I suspect that somehow scanline sync doesn't want to work with my Benq monitor.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 10 Aug 2019, 08:23

I think there is a configuration option you can add/edit in the RTSS profile to tell it the index of the monitor you want to sync to.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

senny22

Post by senny22 » 12 Aug 2019, 09:53

RealNC wrote:I think there is a configuration option you can add/edit in the RTSS profile to tell it the index of the monitor you want to sync to.
Yeah I've tried to edit that without any luck. It's only a problem with my main monitor (XL2411Z) as my other monitor works fine. If i simply disconnect all other monitors then the fps isn't locket at all.

CRThead

Post by CRThead » 21 Oct 2021, 08:27

I know this is a dead thread but... I am having the EXACT same issue and am wondering if anyone has found a solution. My stop-gap solution at the moment is to set my secondary 144hz monitor to my primary CRT's refresh rate, so they are both 100hz. This works, but it's quite annoying to disable all monitors but my primary and secondary and to change my monitor's refresh rate all the time.

Unwinder

Post by Unwinder » 27 Oct 2021, 10:45

CRThead wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 08:27
I know this is a dead thread but... I am having the EXACT same issue and am wondering if anyone has found a solution. My stop-gap solution at the moment is to set my secondary 144hz monitor to my primary CRT's refresh rate, so they are both 100hz. This works, but it's quite annoying to disable all monitors but my primary and secondary and to change my monitor's refresh rate all the time.
As @RealNC mentioned, there is profile switch allowing you to define target sync display device for multimon configs. SyncDisplay is a zero based target display index.