New low latency nvidia drivers

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
crossjeremiah

New low latency nvidia drivers

Post by crossjeremiah » 20 Aug 2019, 10:16

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: New low latency nvidia drivers

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Aug 2019, 14:21

It might make Scanline Sync a little less needed.

RTSS can still help out with some framepacing though -- more tests are needed.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

crossjeremiah

Post by crossjeremiah » 20 Aug 2019, 17:07

I combined rtss and nvidia low latency ultra mode on vulkan. And in presentmon it showed 0.05ms . That's the lowest I've ever seen and it stays constant.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Aug 2019, 17:39

crossjeremiah wrote:I combined rtss and nvidia low latency ultra mode on vulkan. And in presentmon it showed 0.05ms . That's the lowest I've ever seen and it stays constant.
Pretty neat if they combine, then.

Technically VSYNC OFF Present() is similar latency to that.

My understanding is that NVIDIA Low Latency Ultra VSYNC ON is roughly equivalent to RTSS Scanline Sync VSYNC OFF. It isn't quite a 100% apples-vs-apples, but both modes would have no tearing if configured properly.

Are you using VSYNC ON or VSYNC OFF with NVIDIA Low Latency Ultra?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

whitepuzzle

Post by whitepuzzle » 20 Aug 2019, 17:43

Is there any utility whatsoever to these low input lag modes when running 200+ fps VSYNC OFF on 144hz monitor?

Vleeswolf

Post by Vleeswolf » 21 Aug 2019, 01:31

crossjeremiah wrote:I combined rtss and nvidia low latency ultra mode on vulkan. And in presentmon it showed 0.05ms . That's the lowest I've ever seen and it stays constant.
The new ultra low latency mode is only for DirectX 9 and 11, according to Nvidia’s description.

crossjeremiah

Post by crossjeremiah » 21 Aug 2019, 09:34

*deleted*
Last edited by crossjeremiah on 21 Aug 2019, 16:59, edited 2 times in total.

alapsu

Post by alapsu » 21 Aug 2019, 11:15

crossjeremiah wrote: On VULKAN (let me know if Low latency mode doesnt work on Vulkan)
I tried Vsync off + Scanline sync + Cap = 0.05-0.06MS (depending room temperature) lowest I've got was 0.04-0.05MS (Tried Ultra and On, same results)
No RTSS - 0.60MS (ULTRA & ON)

Do you think if I had beefier card I could lower latency or would it stay the same.
Hey,

Looks like low latency doesn't work on Vulkan. See https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/ne ... dy-driver/

From that link:

"Our new Low Latency Mode is being released in beta with support for all GPUs in DX9 and DX11 games (in DX12 and Vulkan titles, the game decides when to queue the frame)."

crossjeremiah

Post by crossjeremiah » 21 Aug 2019, 11:21

*deleted*
Last edited by crossjeremiah on 21 Aug 2019, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Aug 2019, 16:15

crossjeremiah wrote:A decent value (-10) no input lag benefits from RTSS (Perfect Glass no saw tooths)
60FPS / Cap / No Scanline Sync / Vsync On / LL - Ultra - 4-5MS
60FPS / Cap / Scanline Sync / Vsync On / LL - Ultra - 8.38MS
Did you properly calibrate Scanline Sync before turning VSYNC ON? This can be important.

The time-phase of raster scan line relative to the time-phase of VBlank interval (VSYNC signal), will create a latency change with an error margin of 1 refresh cycle. So pre-calibrate Scanline Sync with VSYNC OFF to move tearline permanently jittering ABOVE the bottom edge of the screen (never going below bottom edge), *before* you turn VSYNC ON.

See Scanline Sync HOWTO