Framerate all good frametime all good but game looks choppy

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
GFresha

Framerate all good frametime all good but game looks choppy

Post by GFresha » 18 Sep 2019, 23:20

Not sure what else or how to test this but this issue is literally only happening on Fortnite. Some days I get on and the game is butter smooth while other days its stuttering and lagging, not lagging as in internet connection, but just kind of feels choppy. Its funny how my PC runs triple A games ultra with 80 FPS and its butter smooth but Fortnite with 300+FPS is not smooth, KRAZY!

Anyways how to test this or is it a game issue you guys think? I turn off all my programs when playing the game, I do have a 60 hz secondary monitor while my main monitor is 144 hz so maybe that could be it? BUT AGAIN ITS ONLY FORTNITE!!! Thoughts guys? Chief?

MatrixQW

Re: Framerate all good frametime all good but game looks cho

Post by MatrixQW » 19 Sep 2019, 01:02

If the secondary monitor is the problem you would have issues always, not just some days. Seems more like internet connection. But to be sure simply unplug the 60hz monitor.
I run Fortnite at 165hz with FreeSync and around 100 fps. Super smooth.

GFresha

Post by GFresha » 19 Sep 2019, 01:40

But I'm not sure what to test as in numbers/graphs, sure it might look more smooth if I unplug the monitor but I'm not sure if that's gona be placebo effect or smth...

Is it really internet connection if my ping is like 9 ping with no issues what you think?

MatrixQW

Post by MatrixQW » 19 Sep 2019, 01:50

If the game is sttutering, lagging and choppy, and when you unplug the 60hz monitor you have a different experience, that will not be placebo and easy to know.
Also, use FreeSync to see if image gets better.

ko4

Post by ko4 » 19 Sep 2019, 03:29

If the frametime graph looks smooth it's probably monitor or mouse related. Try turning on vsync. It should look 100% smooth with vsync enabled. If it's not then theres something wrong with your hardware or you're using a super low mouse polling rate and you're sensitive

ana7olich

Re: Framerate all good frametime all good but game looks choppy

Post by ana7olich » 30 Mar 2020, 16:11

did u fix it? i have the same lmao