Night/Day

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
leonakeve1

Night/Day

Post by leonakeve1 » 17 Oct 2019, 04:49

Why my gaming experience in CSGO is better at night and worse at day? i feel like even the fps are lower at day, already tried electricity solutions( grounding my house and my outlets driving freaking rods and even Calling 2 Electrician that did the same job (ground the main panel) and its the same. This does change something in the mouse feel, but the wrong feeling of the game its still there, why would my game run better at night? its not temp problem i have liquid cooling.

alapsu

Re: Night/Day

Post by alapsu » 17 Oct 2019, 09:56

Hey man, I've experienced something similar in the past and can tell you it's more likely due to your biology than any physical changes w/r/t your hardware. Some people "feel it" more during the day; some people "feel it" more at night. My case improved a lot after I went to my doctor about it. Turns out I have a very manageable sleep disorder. Based on my experience, I'd recommend you set up an appointment to talk about it with a doctor before spending any more time/money on electricians :)

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 17 Oct 2019, 11:53

It's definitely you and not the hardware changing properties. You probably have more focus when it's night time and there is less ambient light around the monitor.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 17 Oct 2019, 21:10

Unless the temperature in your room changes enough to cause throttling, I don't see it having an impact.

ko4

Post by ko4 » 18 Oct 2019, 01:16

I've felt this as well. Not only in csgo but most fps games.I think it's because the internet is more stable during the night. Or maybe its because Im more focused?

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 18 Oct 2019, 01:59

Network lag can be time dependent, due to network load. Though that shouldn't change how the mouse behaves.

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 18 Oct 2019, 19:32

its your internet connection if youre willing to pay (video games in general + discord + spotify is only like 15 mbps) you can get a dedicated internet access line at 30 mbps symmetric for like 300/month overkill ik but the only other solution is to move and pray you have no issues at the new location it is a network configuration related to load and usage when youre game feels better it is because network usage in your area/city is lower (shit infrastructure that cant handle the usage without bs bandaid fix configurations that make gaming a hellish experience) you can switch isps if you have another option, if youre on dsl then likely the other isp is just leasing the main isps lines

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 17 Mar 2021, 02:32

Dont hear this peoples reply they are assuming the problem is you.. but i understand you i have the same problem in my house.... 2 years with unplayable games in day mouse feels floaty and imprecise but in night are other thing.... mouse feel nice and precisely as good! this things is gone only at night and im 100% secure this problem is related with electric instalation or EMI problems :(

kurtextrem

Post by kurtextrem » 17 Mar 2021, 04:21

At least for me I'm pretty sure it is the ambient light around me that influences my vision and reaction time. Even a tiny bit of light from the side makes it harder for my eyes to focus on the display, because of slight reflections.
Acer XF250Q, R6 competitive player