Sun X7237A - LCD monitor - 22" - Input/Display Lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
darKz_here

Sun X7237A - LCD monitor - 22" - Input/Display Lag

Post by darKz_here » 18 Nov 2019, 09:29

Hi Guys, So I have this monitor for a year or more , as I bought it with a Budget Gaming PC (Server: Xeon x3430 , Quadro 2000, 8 GB 1333Mhz ram; HP ProLiant ML110 G6). So I've been using it for like a year in playing CS GO and other shooting games but the ghostings , response time and input lag are insane. I'm feeling like I am 100ms behind and I 100% believe I am. Also It's not about my reaction time, I just can feel it when it's responsive and when it's not. I'm using different Desktop Resolution Timer changer. To change the timings , hoping to lower the input lag and it kind of feels faster but still not enought. Can someone find the response time of this monitor or at least the input lag through this slow-mo video so I can remove the doubts on my self for being a noob? I recorded it with a S8 using SuperSlowMotion feature which is 480fps and recorded this footage about me clicking and the light showing up after the click. I just want to know the input lag of this monitor (https://www.reddit.com/link/dn50gu/vide ... u31/player). I changed a bit the CS GO settings, so they are as listed: I capped the fps to 76 to equal the fps on gaming and the monitor to minimize the screen tearing, possibly even the input lags, didn't used the VSync tho, also the server was hosted by myself. FPS_Max 76 , Monitor's Refresh Rate (76/76). My network is provided by a new company in my country which it offers low pings and I guess it's not really an internet issue that causes those "timings" (except if the interpolation in csgo might be affecting something but not really worried about that as it automatically finds the lowest cl_interp value for the server i'm playing on). And no, I've been told "filterengly" that my skills and reaction time might be slow and not fast enought. But trust me I've never had any monitor lagging problem on my CRT old monitor. Despite that it was an Pentium 3 old pc with an crappy old Intel Celeron 1.7 Ghz and 6 or 8 Mb intergrated GPU, I still managed to be beyond the pro level player in my country playing the old cs 1.6 game). I ain't tryna say that I need an HIGH END PC setup to be pro on those fast-pace games but at least to not be behind 100 miliseconds possibly even more that horibly bottlenecks my reaction time and skills. It just feels unplayable and you lose motivation to play such games or any other games cuz you can feel the latencies lmao thanks if anyone spreads their opinion in this funny case. P.s: (My actual rank in CS GO is Gold Nova 1/2, was silver for a long time , last month I feelt a little bit motivated then managed to get the Gold Nova rank. I believe I can push it further to Gold Nova 3 or 4 Max with this monitor. Going harder is almost impossible with those "timings" I'm getting , it feels like i'm being pre-fired most of the time. It hurts to get killed by such little advantage from their funny "reaction times" and "skills" using high end pcs or at least 300fps and a good gaming monitor lmfaoo. To be honest that's what really hurts more, not even caring about lossing the match sometime as I'm most of the time the first one in the laderboard on my team :V). You can clearly tell the ghosting and latencies from the video I provided testing this monitor latency with a program that automatically lights the keyboard numpad light when clicking the mouse. Thanks a lot again also if the admin of this forum would give any opinion about this subject , it would be helpful a lot. :)

P.s: For those who wants proof of my actual cs go gameplay of the "reaction times" and "skills", here's a cs go demo link:
steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-RM5XO-tK9MN-LywXD-YkDXx-cMfrM